What are you reading?

Added to my to read list.

4 Likes

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

2 Likes

So, I am reading a book called Maybe in another life, and one more book named ā€˜ā€˜Attachedā€™ā€™.

1 Like

I have started reading mystic dragon

2 Likes

well I have re-started reading some older ones, How to win friends and influence people, that was made in 1936, and still a best seller

the other is called Gideon, its a Bible study by Priscilla Shirer

I think I can handle these 2 in this month or two

3 Likes

the Mermaid Wars, I am just starting this one, so I havenā€™t gotten very far with it

a Haunted Murder, and with this author, she has one of my ancestors names in the story. I also have started this one as well. really does sound good!

c ourse I am reading on my Kendle
last is picture them dead, a family mystery genealogy type, I have toi admit, this one is kinda boring

but it is getting better. and now I realize being a genealogist, I know nothing about my grandparents. all of most of my kin are gone now! so I donā€™t even know where to go to find any info

I am finishing up what I started

2 Likes

sherlock holmes arthur conan doyle

3 Likes

Iā€™m reading two books simultaneously.

One is

Another one is

https://www.googleadservices.com/pagead/aclk?sa=L&ai=DChcSEwjK__Trk6r6AhVYHSsKHSuGAqYYABAKGgJzZg&ae=2&ohost=www.google.com&cid=CAESbeD2-SCH0aBTg-mzG8MbZ0ghv3ygSSAAUDrQEPmYsUzVbf0JXekKfEfF40KAssd-tjoF_chAZTHeaD4l2xXKqS6LbkH8nzoZeFYGJUfVjv_h2P_-9NkWAoNJsHZCZabiX2HuV_4IBJYgXU2LRWE&sig=AOD64_3WFNyD7Q9WkAO7k20nH6laXJy33w&ctype=5&q=&ved=2ahUKEwiVw-rrk6r6AhWm-TgGHTiMDEcQwg8oAHoECAQQCQ&adurl=

2 Likes

Just finished The Cross and the Switchblade by David Wilkerson
Didnā€™t expect it to be so riveting. He explains the workings of NY teenage gangs, violence, drugs and how little kids get caught up in the vicious cycle. Theyā€™re all just kids, in the end :disappointed_relieved:

3 Likes

that was an awesome book/ story!

1 Like

I recently finished re-reading Crime and Punishment as well as The Idiot, both by Fyodor Dostoyevsky, one of my favorite authors.

Currently, Iā€™m reading the How to Train Your Dragon books by Cressida Cowell. Iā€™ve been a fan of the movie franchise ever since the first movie was released so I decided the time was right for me to finally read the books!

At the same time, Iā€™m reading the manga Monster by Naoki Urasawa. The anime is a work of storytelling art! I also read his newest series Asadora! and am waiting for the release of the next volume.

Iā€™m planning on re-reading Emma by Jane Austen soon so that I can watch the newest film version that came out several years ago. Iā€™ve seen the older versions and really enjoyed them.

3 Likes

pathway to purpose
, and

praying for purpose

by Kathy Brazelton

2 Likes

Reading this one

2 Likes

The Best Short Stories of Fyodor Dostoevsky

Jane Eyre
978607143660%20(1)

2 Likes

Read! I have read all her novels. image

Enjoyed all! image

2 Likes

and I havenā€™t lately. got to catch up!!

2 Likes

oh wow! 2 months! ok here goes

I picked back up Atlantis Gene A G Riddle, reason why I like it, the researcher has my Maiden name, Warner.

also Ancestors of Avalon, Marion Zimmer Bradley this is also a re- read. I forgot I had this book,

so I do plan to read more this year, and yes the physical books than kendle.

4 Likes

I would love to read the book mentioned in this YouTube video, but it was published in the 1940s and has been out of print a long time. Still, the topic is fascinating and explained quite well.

THIS is the Best Book on Language Learning I've Ever Read: HERE'S WHAT IT SAYS - YouTube
(YouTube screen cap)

3 Likes

Edgar Allan Poe is my favorite author of all times. No matter how many times I read his short stories, they still fascinate me. The Murders in the Rue Morgue, The Purloined Letter, The Pit and the Pendulum are some of the many stories that I keep on reading infinite times.
Nowadays, I am reading:
The Raven (It is a narrative poem) by Edgar Allan Poe
And,
The Silence of Girls by Pat Barker
And, I have some 50 books in my wish-list. I hope I would read them once in my lifetime. And, I really have to ask you all to drop your recommendations.
Even though I love Allan Poe for his mysteries, sometimes the words and settings really confuse me. So, drop your recommendations about different mystery stories other than Sherlock Holmes and Allan Poe (I have read all there books, I think).

2 Likes

Iā€™m reading ā€œSense and sensibilityā€ by Jane Austen! Itā€™s a great novel! My favorite character until now is Eleonor aka ā€œmy queenā€.

By the way, Jane Austen is a godness! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes