What are you reading?

I hope this gives you a laugh today!

4 Likes

2 Likes

just thought 'd give y’all a laugh today

enealogical Crime Mystery Book Club

Philip Warren · oorndptSse17323a41519g7gi6m50u3i6t66m2hfht ·

Whether “Winter’s Dead” is, strictly speaking, a genealogical exercise will up be up to the reader, I suspect, but when Detective Fletcher Strand realizes that a murder committed in 1924 has much to do with the spate of killings on his turf in 1990, a deep dive in to the family histories of more than one person, including his own wife, his world turns upside down.

A prime suspect is Eddie Snyder who’s escaped from a state institution, and he’s out for revenge. Is he the one who’s murdered two an old couple and two young boys? Why is he doing it?

now next!!

I am wanting to find this one and not buy it, I may have to go to the library for this one

the missing father
I have the Jayne Seymour on my Kendle, so I have been reading these editions

3 Likes

I am reading; When Everything Falls Apart By Pema Chödrön, It is a spritual self help book, Looking for a fictional book to read.

2 Likes

I just finished one, looking for another. the genealogy mysteries, I have found a few, and getting into those

3 Likes

Reading Arsene Lupin on a recommendation by a close friend who is also an avid reader! On third chapter right now~Loving it so far.

2 Likes

Honestly, if I had time to read, I would re-read 1984 from George Orwell and The Handmaids Tale from Margret Atwood. They were both gloomy and kind of depressing to read still 
 I think I read both books in the mid 80s. Somehow, I want to know how I think about them 40 years later. If we got closer to what seemed like, people would be too alert to let things like that happen.

Atwood’s book was made into a movie by Volker Schlöndorff and Orwell’s by Michael Radford.

For some impressions there is a song of the soundtrack called 1984 by Eurythmics

The soundtrack of the Schlöndorff movie was done by Ryƫichi Sakamoto.

I won’t sugar coat it, these are neither easy to read nor to watch, but I wouldn’t say that avoiding them should be the consequence. Sometimes I think it is necessary to leave the comfort zone and for once not for zombies, but zombies in human form. Gives you a lot of stuff to think about.

1 Like

take the time to read is what I am saying

, ha practice what I preach!! heheheheh

Lutra you can find 30 minutes a day to read 1 chapter of any book

2 Likes

If I find 30 minutes left over the day, I will put my feet up relax with some music and give my eyes some rest.

1 Like

Aww I hope your days get less hectic and you’re able to have a nice comforting rest

2 Likes

2 Likes

I am reading Pachinko and “La coscienza di Zeno” (Zeno’s conscience)!

2 Likes

maybe I am wrong in my thinking, but here goes, now we have a Kindle, you can get free books, and doesn’t waste space, BUT to touch, feel those said books, dog-ear the books, smell the books, it to me just isn’t the same. I miss the physical books!!

4 Likes

I am with you 100%. I CAN read a book on my Kindle, but I much prefer to hold the book in my hand. I don’t know about everyone else, but I often flip back to previous parts of a book to remind myself of things or whatever (like looking at maps in books that contain such), and it’s so much harder on a Kindle.

BTW, I picked up a book to read for the first time in a while. It’s called “By the Book” by Julia Sonneborn. It’s a light, easy read so far.

UPDATE: Finished that book and also finished another: “Verity” by Colleen Hoover. That was a doozie, in a good way. Finished it in a day because I couldn’t put it down.

That’s two books in one week. I think it has been years since I have accomplished that.

4 Likes

I’m reading

Three Words For Goodbye - hazel Gaynor and Heather Webb

and

The Maid

And Kappy King and the Pig Kaper

I like REAL books
although I do also use my Kindle
I would RATHER smell a BOOK and hold a Book @my_happy_place

5 Likes

Reading this for this week. Maybe you should Talk to Someone by Lori Gottlieb.

https://www.google.com/search?kgmid=/g/11j43ds48x&hl=en-IN&q=Maybe+You+Should+Talk+to+Someone&kgs=bbd50b46099029c6&shndl=0&source=sh/x/kp/1&entrypoint=sh/x/kp

2 Likes

I plan to start reading the missing father, one of those Jayne Seymore books, .99 on amazon , guess its a kendle. I will have to look & see

2 Likes

READING

3 Likes

a book on some new crochet stitches

3 Likes

I picked up a book called “The Water is Wide” only to realize a few pages in that I have read this before. At the same time, I don’t remember at all how it turns out, so I’m going to go ahead and finish it again. It’s an easy read and not very long, so I should be done in no time.

4 Likes