What is the best F4(drama) version for you?

really!!! yep, I definitely have to see that!

yep, the title is Boys Before Friends (BBF). Their filming starts soon, 7 nov 2013.

Speaking of titles. Iā€™ve been wondering for ages what ā€œboys before flowersā€ was supposed to actually mean.

So for ā€œhana yori dangoā€ (čŠ±ć‚ˆć‚Šē”·å­), one explanation Iā€™ve seen is that itā€™s a pun on another Japanese phrase - ā€œhana yori dangoā€ (čŠ±ć‚ˆć‚Šå›£å­), which means ā€œdumplings before flowers.ā€ Supposedly, itā€™s a reference to people who go to Hanami (flower viewing) and head for food stalls instead of actually seeing the flowers. That is, they prefer material things over (I guess) the idea of the beauty of the flowers.

Anyone know Japanese? Does that all make sense?

So, in transferring the idea over to ā€œboys before flowers,ā€ is it still a statement about material possessions and tangible things versus ideas and feelings that you canā€™t quite hold? (If that makes sense.)

Ha, I donā€™t know, I think itā€™s interesting.

K-version is the best one iā€™ve seen so farā€¦

hmmmā€¦ thatā€™s pretty interesting. I can see why it makes sense. If only the Korean version had come first, Iā€™d think that it was a joke about ā€œflower boysā€. Maybe saying that rather than being flower boys, you know, beautiful and delicate and all that, theyā€™re actions show otherwise and delicate and beautiful maybe the last thing that these guys qualify asā€¦ Iā€™m just guessing though. I donā€™t know, maybe Iā€™ll Google it.

As much as I like Lee Min Ho, the Japanese version works for me. Couldnā€™t get past first episode of the Taiwanese version.

eh visto la coreana y la japonesa , realmente me quedo con la coreana sera por que fue la primera que he visto pero me gustaron los actores, la musica, la trama es mas desarrollada. ahhh la peor de todas es la de EEUU no me gusto para nada

Just watch US version ep 1 at Vikiā€¦I donā€™t like itā€¦
I need to watch the japanese versionā€¦

I didnā€™t watch because it seems so horrible. ā€¦ and after I saw so many bad comments on tumblr i was like: no never ever
I donā€™t like the cast haha I need main leads who are good looking but in the american versionā€¦ I donā€™t know if itā€™s normal or not but i donā€™t know anyone of them ā€¦

I watched it, since it has a lot of promotions, but after 15 minutes I stopped. I donā€™t know, the scenes seems like doesnā€™t connect one another, like watching parts independently. The scenes donā€™t flow smoothly. Like watching a preview. Like the writer is in hurry to finish the story. Itā€™s not enjoyable to watch.
The leading lady, I donā€™t like her. I canā€™t figure out who she is, what is her background, what is her character, what is her activity. I didnā€™t see her struggle to enter the school, just passed the selection, thatā€™s all.
The boys, they are handsome, but then I couldnā€™t see them as charactersā€¦they are shot in flashesā€¦and suddenly the girls revenged the boysā€¦the fight between girls and boysā€¦I donā€™t see what so interestingā€¦but I think this is not the place I complainā€¦somehow still F4 topic (haha what an excuse)ā€¦so dramaaa try watch it and give your comment, I hope Iā€™m wrong since I didnā€™t finish watching it.

I will give it a try . But since Iā€™m not a fan of f4 dramas in general I donā€™t think that itā€™s something for me. But I will definitely watch it haha better than donā€™t know the drama

Yes, try watching it, and see what is your opinionā€¦itā€™s a hot topic, so you need to knowā€¦at least! (Iā€™m waitingā€¦! ^_^)

I only watched the japanese version and the korean.
I prefered the korean one, but maybe itā€™s because i watched it first, donā€™t knowā€¦ ^.^

I am watching itā€¦ Just 30 minutes and I am thinking if the actors are some high school kids of a theater group. The acting is so bad and so artificial. It reminds me of a series I watched with 8 on a childrenā€™s channel .
Do you know Dance Academy ? http://www.viki.com/tv/21173c-dance-academy-marathon-warning-all-three-seasonsrecruiting-segmenters-and-english-language-subbers
I think they are younger but the acting is a hundred time better.
And sorry I know its a matter of taste but shouldnĀ“t the main lead be good looking? I hate LMH hair in Boys over Flowers but seriously even with that he looks sooooooo much better

The only good scene was actually when the girl slam the main lead (Hope you know what I mean)
Just my feelings while watching it

And who is the camera man seriously whats up with the camera? It is shaking and focusing on wrong places ā€¦

I watched the whole episode so I think I am done ā€¦ Thanks for everything I am totally loving the korean version

Couldnā€™t bear to watch the American version after 15 mins too. Itā€™s really bad ā€¦

I was brave hahaha , wasnĀ“t I ?
Yep sorry for all the ppl who are saying that they are trying their best, but if the actors donĀ“t know their own role they are playing, how can a drama be successful then?
There were comments like the asian culture and the american and the difference blabla
It has nothing to do with that. No mater what drama , with that attitude and when thatĀ“s the best they can do , it wouldnĀ“t be different with a different plot.

For me the Korean version is and will always be the best!!!
Iā€™m not liking the American version muchā€¦ or maybe i just had higher expectation for itā€¦

Although The Korean one was my fave, I have to agree with you on the Jan Di commentā€¦ I didnā€™t like her role but tbh if it wasnā€™t her it wouldnā€™t of been the same i guess?! :slight_smile:

I think all of them are good but because the Korean version was the first ever Kdrama i watched which got me addicted I think that the Korean one is the best :slight_smile:

F4 Lovers!

Sorry, a bit out of topic here, but Iā€™m looking for segmenters for Meteor Garden, The Taiwanese version of Hana Yori Dango. :smiley:

Itā€™s a fan channel, all those 27 episodes are uploaded and all have English hardsubs.
I still need segmenters so we can sub it into other languages.

So please send me a PM and give me a hand! Letā€™s spread the HYD/F4 fever around the world! :wink:

Thank you!

Tasya ^^