What is the meaning of your username and why did you pick it?

4 Likes

My name is Maria and my last name starts with a L (on discord you mig se MariaLiu and if you know my family’s origin it’s really easy to know my real name)… That said many years ago lavendula was a nick so it sort of came a long (it’s part of my email)… don’t know why Viki added the 77 that’s not my age and I’m not born that year. :wink:

4 Likes

My name is Autumn, so Autty is a dumb nickname I made for myself. Auttygotty came from my brother , because every time I have something he needs, he will yell "AUTTYGOTTY!’
I ‘got’ what he needs.
So weird, but I kinda just used it here.

4 Likes

check my message above.

2 Likes

So uhhh, my name is my name.

5 Likes

LOVE IT!!! My first thought was of a movie I absolutely love about the mouse, Ratatouille.

My username is an ancestral name I chose way back when I was wanting to conceal my real ID from a malignant narcissist who I’d gone No Contact with, and if ever found then it was with some serious stalking. Ironically, I started using it on a social site, moved to Washington state for 2 years and the people there who I’d come to know on the site had a hard time calling me by my real name, so if called lucylaiche I’d answer.

6 Likes

Omg Guadeloupe ! I use to visit often Pointe-à-Pitre while i was living in Port-au-Prince, my favorite was that spice market aaaa and your food is just amazing and Zouk and Kreyol gig’s were the bliss

2 Likes

My user means rare honey in Latin, Mel means honey (bee honey) Rarus means rare.

6 Likes

Imagine my surprise after I hit the heart on your comment to see this “Thanks for sharing the love! You only have a few likes left for today.” WTH???

3 Likes

When I was little, my brother and I used to play pretend, and I would always say, “I AM A DRAGON.” My little brother found it funny and told me I was actually a tiny kitten that could only cough up furballs, not fire. Fast forward to my teenage years, I started playing games like World of Warcraft, Minecraft, and others that required nicknames. I wanted to come up with something fierce and intimidating, but my partner knew the story of me and my brother and thought it would be funny to suggest “Deadlykitten.” As a joke, I went along with it, and for the past 12 plus years, or maybe even more, it has stuck as my gaming nickname.

7 Likes

Allow me to unravel the intricate tapestry of my chosen username, ‘weavingadream,’ and share with you the profound meaning behind it. Like a skilled weaver, I sought to craft a name that reflects my creative essence and resonates with the realm of imagination.

In the realm of dreams, where possibilities know no bounds, I am but a humble weaver, intricately entwining threads of inspiration and imagination. Each strand represents a facet of my innermost desires, passions, and aspirations, woven meticulously to form the fabric of my dreams.

Within this dream-weaver’s realm, stories take flight, emotions find expression, and realities are molded. The act of weaving symbolizes the transformative power of creativity, as I endeavor to shape ethereal visions into tangible narratives.

Sorry, I was being sentimental as I have always been. After a tiring day of university and part-time jobs, Viki provided me with a platform where I can finally relax. So, I just chose this name to kickstart my ride on Viki. As far as the explanation, I have always loved literature and such stuff, so, don’t mind me. :rofl: :grin: :blush: :joy: :hugs: :hugs:

13 Likes

What a lovely and profound name and story… I totally understand the need of dreaming and creating… :heart:

2 Likes

It was a pleasure to read your username choice and the reasons why. The creativeness in your writing shows your gift as a writer…maybe? It was also like I was reading a poem so it was a wonderful mix that made my awful flooded rainy day so much better.

Thank you for your creativeness and sharing your weavingadream with all of us.

2 Likes

@boksu065_180, @sof1953, @annabanana128, @mjmusicguy, @tukituki, @nischay,

Do you mind sharing in this thread? The meaning of your username, and why you picked it? Check out some of other’s post. :relaxed:

Thanks for replying, your individual tales makes this thread even more fascinating!

2 Likes

There was a little bird in a cartoon (tookie) and it just screams " ahh tookie tookie" it was kind of funny and with time i createt my online game name to Tuki.
(Yes some times people scream “ahh tookie tookie” when i join random voice chat in games :rofl:)

greez Tuki

8 Likes

Haha, nice question!
Well, the reason why I kept such a username… is simple. It is my real name, to be honest.
And the meaning behind it is also as simple as my reason, Nischay means someone with assuredness and a strong desire to do something.
I know it’s not as cool as other people’s usernames but nevertheless, I am proud of it. :wink: :four_leaf_clover:

7 Likes

Sure! Although there’s not much of a story behind mine. As an Ana, I’ve been called “Anna Banana” or some variant of it throughout my entire life, so I eventually made it into a username. As for the numbers, they’re just a random addition. But I’ve always thought it was cute.

Honestly, this thread is adorable. I love hearing people’s stories on their picks. There are a lot of different stories and it’s really fun to read. :heart:

7 Likes

I love this thread, so many stories even though my username is just a short version of my name & i started to add random numbers & letters till it accepted it ( i 1st did it on disqus) , this thread makes me want to do better :blush:
I really loved all of your stories

7 Likes

My grandfather gave me my nickname when I was little, I used it as a nickname when I played roller hockey and everyone got used to calling me that, before my real name (Ana).

It is an honor to be able to remember my grandfather every day through my nickname. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

8 Likes

My real name is Grace and I’ve been using the username ‘gracelikespandas’ for a long time in a lot of different places. I came up with that username because I really liked pandas back then and thought it would be good since it would tell others something about me. I still do, but not as much as back then. I was really lazy so I just picked just that username.

7 Likes