What is the meaning of your username and why did you pick it?

That’s awesome! I didn’t know that! Where are you from?

2 Likes

Clarksville TN

I just used my nickname from High school. I used to have eyebags so my friends said that I look like a Panda. And so it stayed. (I like Pandas so it suits me :panda_face:)
“Pandax” not “Panda” just because the other one was taken.

6 Likes

@barbaro

From the Island of Enchantment: Puerto Rico

2 Likes
1 Like

This is weird bc i always see ppl from Mexico, Spain, Venezuela never from my Island. Thank you so much for sharing!

2 Likes

True dat’!

At first I had a different username, but for now, mine’s chunshiun. It’s the pronunciation of my chinese name. i even searched it up to see if there was going to be anything, and there was, already some guy i think named chunshiun. i began to go for something else, but then decided to keep it about me.

4 Likes

Nice thread, fun to read how people choose their names and what they actually mean.
I’m from Stockholm (Sweden) so I thought something most people heard of; Stockholm syndrome, would be a good username. My image is of Stockholm with City hall with it’s 3 crowns.
Stockholm syndrome comes from a hostage situation at a bank in Stockholm 1973 where the hostages sided with their captives and after being released they defended the bankrobbers which stunned the police.
They turned it into a movie which was decent: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6474040/

2 Likes

It is also related to Maria and another interpretation of Miriam, Mirjam… is ‘bitter’.

I think it is a name you can find in many variations in many countries/languages :slight_smile:

1 Like

I picked porkypine because a like to do quillwork - Here’s a link to some images if you don’t know what that is. https://www.google.com/search?q=porcupine+quillwork&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwj4kcDox5vpAhU8CjQIHWWzAj4Q_AUoAXoECA0QAw&biw=1302&bih=812

5 Likes

As you can see my name is AryDeClair. It is a play off of my real name. Kinda like I am declaring my name. My last name has Clair in it. I thought it was funny at the time I made it. Shrugs

3 Likes

The story behind my username is when i started playing osu! I couldnt think of a name, then i put anime and osu! together and it was called Animsu (Anime= Anim) (osu!= su) and now it is the best username i could think of and i use it for almost all my accounts.

3 Likes

What is osu?

2 Likes

osu! is a rhythm game, were you click circles to the beat, gain ranks, and more. Im not really good at explaining how the game works cuz it sounds like a boring kids game were u click circles, but search it up and watch a vid, or even download it.

2 Likes

Ooh I have seen videos of this. Didn’t know what the game was called :smile:

2 Likes

Niicee. Most people get addicted to it and some dont.

2 Likes

My username consists of two words: ori (오리) and ya (鸭). Both mean ‘duck’ in Korean and Chinese. I like and learn both languages and my pfp is a duck, so there you go… :slight_smile:
I also like that it is relatively short and easy to remember. Later I found out that ‘Oriya’ (aka Odia) is also the name of a language in India. And since I like languages in general I think it’s kind of cool my username is also the same as an existing language, even if it was unintentional.
The picture was taken by me in a zoo when I was younger.

8 Likes

I have to mention this name oriya= orilla sounds like edge in spanish so every time I see your name I see the edge of the sea. lol

There is an Indian Saint named: Oriya Saint

2 Likes

At least it doesn’t sound like a bad word :sweat_smile:. And it’s funny because my hometown is near the North Sea

2 Likes