What is the meaning of your username and why did you pick it?

I was poked into this topic by @leerla73. I’ve no idea how you did it! :grin: I’ve been a Facebook user since the early days when poking was actually used. But Viki Discussion poking is a whole new ball game for me :smirk:

Anyways, my user name was generated by the WWF web mail system (called @wildmail.com) some 20 years ago. It’s a compound of the first three letters in my surname and name. I remember it reminded me back then (in some weird and roundabout way) of a series I liked to watch as a kid, called Daktari.

6 Likes

I think the convention of lowercase user names is one sign that the discussion board app is open-source. It seems to be a “thing” that any app that is open-source has to have its non-WYSIWYG, computer language roots showing.

Now that I have gotten my username story out, it seems rather like I’m hanging onto the last tissue in the supply of tissues I stocked up on regularly during my Saga of Stupidity. So I did change it.

5 Likes

w(°o°)w W😳W! You changed it!?! Will you be okay, if the change does not take?

Thank you so much @bozoli our choice of a username, unbox so many nuggets associated with our emotions, and memories.

I sent you an invite! :slight_smile:
I find this thread, created by @piranna, quite interesting! :grinning:!

2 Likes

I was wondering where’s @piranna lately, since I haven’t seen her around for a while…Hope all is well with her.

2 Likes

She’s gone “private” on her profile, like you, maybe checking with the latest team she’s managing.

1 Like

I believe it did.

But I just realized I have to change it back because that’s not the username I wrote down when applying to go through segmenting school. Grr.

3 Likes

But I wrote them, and they change the name in your application.
I had the same problem when I change my ID

1 Like

It’s quite a hassle if you’re a volunteer and change your name, especially once you’re totally into it. But you CAN do it if you really want to…

For some reason, I find uppercase letters in a username annoying. Maybe I’ve been “conditioned” :stuck_out_tongue: I think it spoils the aesthetic.
my brother tried putting an uppercase letter in his email ID and Google actually allowed it, for some reason! I HATE it, thank goodness it’s not case sensitive.

1 Like

Oh, so thaaaat’s what that button down there means…

How long have I used Discussions again? Seven years? Yeah… :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Did you mean to spell ajhumma this way? It’s typically spelled either ahjumma or ajumma.

1 Like

Jorge tiene un amigo que quiere ser un miembro de la escuela de los segmentos . . .

GIANT EARTHWORM DISCOVERED IN ECUADOR (YouTube)

I’m lysdexic, I spell however. That spelling does make the word seem like the name of some kind of Korean hummus . . . no, wait, don’t tell me there is a version of that . . .

Well, what do you know . . .

1 Like

Annnnd, you had to look it up! :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Why the earthworm post :thinking: he wants to segment?:rofl:

I am sorry, but it just amazes me that, whatever food I can think of, it turns out there is a Korean version. I am beginning to think God created Koreans just to invent food.

For a long time, I have only half-jokingly told people that based on a lot of historical and linguistic factors, it’s possible that that Adam and Eve as mentioned in the Bible were actually whatever Chinese people were at the time the stories in the Bible were being written down.

And the stories of how civilizations got started, and the different groups of people who were descended from Adam, and the stories of how they moved from the garden of Eden to inhabit different parts of the world . . . I am sure there is a line in there that has been overlooked by Bible scholars.

“And lo, there went out from the land of Eden a group that settled in the East and opened a corner store, a street market shop, and a five-star restaurant serving hummus. Hummus and gimbap, hummus and scallion pancakes, hummus and budae jjigae . . .”

Don’t you think Wormy would make the “cut” if he applied to segmenting school?

(Giphy)

4 Likes

DWL :rofl::rofl::laughing::rofl:

1 Like
Summary

HELLO

1 Like

Oh, one of my absolute favorite books!

1 Like

See I KNEW you would like that!!! :purple_heart:

1 Like

The first time I read it, I was in eighth grade, and I cried. It was so profound, so funny, and so sweet.

2 Likes