What will you say is THE BEST kdrama you ever saw?

Finished 49 days. Well, from middle of episode 19 I knew what you mean by those tissue comments^^. I think actually the most intense moment for me was when Min Ho finally meets his mother and she is “proud” that he didnt become like his father. What happens in the end to Ji Hyun was huge, I really did not expect that. I think up including that point it was a very strong and non mainstream ending rounding up the messages of the show to be sincere with feelings, not leaving misunderstandings between people and not being naive.

BUT what comes after that point… I only thought what the hell?? I dunno If I can spoiler here, the reveal of JH and YK true relationship just seemed so damn fake, also the final messages about Min Ho and In Jung really didnt fit what happened before. It seemed to me as if the writers thought: Hell yeah we did a really intense ending for the tissue industry… but wait can we leave all the mainstream viewers with that feeling in their gut? No… we have to construct something more satisfying for everybody. Bad idea imo!

one question: Is there a hint in the end that you know who will be in a relationship?

Overall I still liked the show, the actors played it really well, I liked Yi Kyung, Min Ho and Kang Han the most. I felt a bit annoyed that the story often was driven by “encounters by coincidence” as you have them in mediocre shows, but still definitely worth watching.

Hmmm what to watch next?? :slight_smile:

Ok I think its time for Gods Gift. I want to see how Lee Bo Young does a role that is (I expect so) totally different to I hear your voice.

I loved God’s Gift ! The actors Lee Bo Young and Jo Seung Woo are really good. Jo Seung Woo is really great and handsome in this drama :stuck_out_tongue:

girrlll. that was the end of me.

lol i get you, it was kinda rushed and didnt make much sense. but to me, that didnt leave me feeling satisfied… LOL.

hmmmm, im not so sure about that. maybe it will be a possibilty?? i think so. since, then they wont be alone. they have SOME kind of history together, he’ll be reminded of her as ji hyun. maybe… i thought so.

i looked online and it says “lee kyung”. dont know what is what… hahaha, maybe its spelled both ways?

im sorry, but no matter how i think about this show, it will always leave me hurt. i guess im just really sensitive on these kinds of topics…

Below are timed comments from the beginning of a drama and the end of it. Anyone want to guess which drama it is?

From the beginning:
I’ve watched this drama 2 times… now for 3rd time!!
THE BEST DRAMA EVER
Absolutely the best drama ever
second time watching
I like the summary, but I have never really heard of it until now. Let’s see what all the hype is about for 54 eps. :slight_smile:
Re-watching this for the second time! :slight_smile:
Watching this for the third time :smiley:
Watching this for the 4th time XD
I’ve watched this 8 times
Watching for the first time. Figured I shoudl watch the most popular kdrama of all time
watch on 26/6/2014 :smiley:
3rd time.
i totally recommend this dramam :slight_smile:
first time !!!
i don’t know how many times i watch this n still cried…loved - - -
worth on watching for the second time
watching this for the forth time, its a great drama
Watching this AGAIN…
this was the first Kdrama i watched lol, it’s what got me addicted
@LC: Me too! Opened my eyes to a whole new world of K-drama awesomeness! (^_^)
I have watched it at least 9 times and I never get tired of watching it
OMG THIS IS MY FIRST KOREAN DRAMA I EVER WACHED AND MY FAVORITE ONE
i love this drama
Best Drama EVER!! 6th Time watching
This drama never gets old XD
i never get tired of watching this
Watching this once again :slight_smile:
rewatching this 8 years later >.
my childhood
i was 11 when i first watched this , an i’m turning 15 in a month. i’m watching it for the 2nd time

From the end:
the best drama ever
The best story ever! I will always love this drama. “- - -” - the best drama of all times!
i saw this 11 years ago and i still think this is the best korean drama out there.
wow i finished it. i wish i didnt. its the best
all the memories and feels
the best story even told…
Still the best Drama ever T.T
I wont forget it ever
best korean drama I’ve ever watched
the best the best the best

1 Like

My best ever has to be heartstrings, of frustration and romance.
I’m not sure when this drama was filmed but I also like You’re Beautiful.
I also really like The Heirs, Playful Kiss, The moon embraces the sun, My Princess, Princess Hours, Boys Over Flowers, Flower Boy Next Door and I Hear Your Voice. (:

2 Likes

Ah gosh, please tell. I don’t know it and can’t guess. know I probably missed it as 11 years ago '03. 54 episodes???

1 Like

Ok… Jewel in the palace. No never watched it.

2 Likes

you and me love the same type of dramas xD old but good xD i wish i can find another like this one T T

@LACruiser is it really??

Yes. The comments you see are the first 30 comments made on Episode 1. I could have added that is was my second time around on it also and it was just as good. And the second set are the last 10 comments from the last episode. Jewel in the Palace is a must-see classic.

I might take a look at the comments sections on some of the episodes to see what cold be shown here. I know one person said the show had inspired them to be a chef.

2 Likes

Yes, Jewel in the Palace is one of my all time favorites! It’s a must see, if you haven’t already.

hmmmm…

best drama ever? I really like The Greatest Love! personally love Gong Hyo Jin, and Cha Seung Won is like so good!

Best old drama… that is hard! but the ones that i remember the most from then was Lovers in Paris (loved Kim Jung Eun!) , Stairway to heaven(Choi Ji Woo and Kwon Sang Woo are like then match made in heaven!) and Full House! (always remember the cuteness of Song Hye Go and Rain!)

Was always fascinated that Dae Jang Geum was so many eps! i remember searching the TV guide just to see when the drama would end!

My current drama faves? not much of a fav but I’m watching Naeil’s Cantabile (love the Jap ver) and Birth of a beauty(I love Han Ye seul ever since Spy Myung-Wol!)

2 Likes

Oh it’s too hard to pick just one. Maybe 3 would be easier. I also liked very much ‘The greatest love’ and of course ‘It’s Ok that’s love’ from this year, same actress. ‘My love from the stars’ from last year came out on top for me even though it was stiff competition a few really great ones last year and early this year. I’m loving ‘Tomorrow’s Cantabile’ I didn’t see the Japanese one. I must say the new ones to bring us to the end of this year and into early 2015 are really good too. I’m engrossed in 4 at the moment. It will be just as difficult to choose my favourite from 2014.
Happy and enjoyable viewing to you.

Best K-Drama HAS TO BE: 49 Days!!!
And My favorite Taiwanese Dramas are: Meteor Garden, Autumn’s Concerto, Fated to love you, Skip Beat, and Queen of SOP

tell me how the kversion of nodame is because i couldnt get passed the second episode.

I couldn’t watch it either. I really don’t like this version.

I actually like the Kversion of Nodame, maybe because I didn’t watch the Japanese. But I like the classical music and even though the girl’s character seems overdone she is finally starting to change a bit. Also I think all the “overdoneness” is starting to grow on me and it’s a nice change from darker dramas. I like some happy fluff in between :slight_smile:

Oh me too. Quite enjoying it. I like all the young people and I love the music.

The one thing i noticed when it comes to awkward scenes of just stupid humor scenes, Japanese do it the best,

2 Likes