When One K-Drama Leads To The Other

hi Cidny! welcome to the community! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Which are your favourite dramas?

2 Likes

Handsome Siblings, Ashes of love, The untamed, i have a lot. most of them are historical tho. those are the best

3 Likes

ooh, a sageuk fan! Have you watched Love in the Moonlight or Sunkyungwan Scandal??

1 Like

I havenā€™t. but iā€™m gonna search for that . iā€™ve just finished Dance Of The Phoenix.

1 Like

My ā€œpatternā€ is I follow the actors , writers and Viki recommendations and fan site recommendations.

1 Like

haha I followed Ji Chang Wook through Suspicious Partnner, Healer, K2 and now Melting Me Softly :sweat_smile: but for some weird reason I just CANā€™T seem to be able to watch any more of Song Joong Ki because there is literally no other character I love in KDramaLand more than his character in DOTS and I donā€™t want to ā€˜spoilā€™ it (idk if you get it but thatā€™s how I feel :flushed::sweat_smile:) Also Iā€™ve developed a serious crush on Kim Young Kwang and I donā€™t know what to do HELP!:joy: :heart_eyes:
Soompi is my Number 1 recommender and @lutra is my second! :sweat_smile::grin:

idk about Sungyunkwang Scandal but I really loved Moonlight Drawn By Cloudsā€¦thatā€™s how I found Park Bo Gum, and I have yet to see a better Crown Prince than him! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Iā€™m currently at my JCW pattern , completely relatable. Saw K2 first and was a JCW virgin when I saw that and I may not be K2ā€™s target audience though because I was not as into it, but it did not stop me from nursing a JCW-fangirl-in-training but Healer was the one that pushed me over the edge. Currently watching Suspicious Partner (although Iā€™m not over his pair up with PMY).

I kind of get that with actors - if I find a coupleā€™s chemistry amazing, it may take me a little bit to warm up to another drama if they are a different couple :laughing:

1 Like

lol sameā€¦though I watched in the EXACT OPPOSITE sequence as yours :joy: it took me a looooong time to get used to PMY(since I really didnā€™t like her in WWWSK and HPL) in Healer after watching JCW with Nam Ji Hyun. I still rank Suspicious Partner as his no.1 drama thoā€¦
I really donā€™t get how Iā€™m so fine with JCW in all his dramas but I just CANNOT desecrate Yoo Si Jinā€™s image by watching any other Song Joong Ki drama :joy::flushed: probably because I think Iā€™ve fallen in love with Yoo Si Jin more than Song Joong Ki himself and with JCW I just love JCW
ā€¦ok I read this again and it still sounds messed. up. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

hahahahaa relatable . I think Iā€™m :ā€œin loveā€ with Healer vs JCW

2 Likes

You guys pay so much attention to which drama to watch.

I never do that, I saw the drama somewhere, Iā€™ll watch it if I feel like it. Sometimes I donā€™t even remember why I started watching this drama :joy::joy:

2 Likes

you have no idea how many hours i spend searching and reviewing and making sure it has a satisfying ending :flushed: itā€™s literally become a second hobby to me and I kinda enjoy it more than actually watching sometimes :joy: and the satisfaction I feel when a drama meets my expectations-- ā€œWell that was time not wasted!ā€ :joy::joy:

Yeahā€¦ Both of us are similar when it comes to choosing which drama to watch. Right after finishing Who Are You, I became so obsessed with Kim and Yook that I went for all of their dramas and none of them disappointed me again.
Even I look at so many forums and websites and even Wikipedia, whether the drama I am watching is good or not. I always check the reviews here and at MDL before making the drama my next love.

1 Like

This husband hunting series gave me so many sleepless nights. And this one especially, because all three candidates were so good for the lead and luckily my legendary SLS didnā€™t took out the time for this drama. I was okay with any of the guys. My severe bad habit of disclosing the story even before watching it took over and I got to know the husband even before I was halfway through the drama.
Sometimes, this habit could not be good but at least I wonā€™t ever face something like WAY 2015 again O(āˆ©_āˆ©)O

1 Like

haha nice to see you after a LOOOONG time!! hope ur doing okay :smile:

so even our trauma comes from the same drama :joy:

1 Like

I try not to read reviews until AFTER Iā€™ve watched a drama - I just donā€™t want to have expectations and biases and want to come to my own conclusionsā€¦but I do take up recommendations though

So @Choitrio recommended Zombie Detective (Choi Jin Hyuk) which I am currently hooked on (and looking forward to the next episodes) so in the midst of that, I stumbled upon a drama CJH also starred in (Fated to love you). CJH was second lead but I ā€œfell hardā€ for the weird-quirky-swaggery-sexy-kind lead character Lee Gun (played by Jang Hyuk) and so I also became a Jang Hyuk fan. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I am glad you are enjoying Zombie Detective. Itā€™s a really fun one to watch, but hard to translate. I am trying to make sure that the humor doesnā€™t get lost in the translations. Not only is it funny/witty, but the drama makes a ton of references to other popular Korean movies (such as Parasite) and K-dramas ( such as Jewel in the Palace) and incorporates other pop culture. I am a CJH fan myself and thatā€™s why I volunteered to translate this drama. Check out his more serious role in Tunnel if you havenā€™t already.

2 Likes

i donā€™t mean those ā€œomg itā€™s such an AWESomeee drama!!!ā€ reviewsā€¦more like plot summaries, and unbiased opinions on OSTs, cinematography, OTP chemistry(this is important), plot depth(VERY important) and whether or not itā€™s a happy ending.

oh dear my watchlist is growing out of control!! :joy:

2 Likes

@vivi_1485 :joy: relatable and the experience is different for everyone - whatever works for me does not really work for others :grin: and vice versa - I go in ā€œblindā€ 95% of the time :smile:.

@choitrio - thank you for the Tunnel recommendation :heart_eyes: will def check it out. RE: Zombie, I noticed the other K drama references :joy: but somehow missed the ā€œParasiteā€ reference. This show is witty and funny for sure and oh my CJH :heart_eyes: You are doing a wonderful job in translating - thank you!

1 Like

Youā€™re welcome. You will really enjoy Tunnel. As to the Parasite reference in Zombie Detective, if you remember the the scene where CJH is folding the pizza boxes, I put in a T/N (Translatorā€™s Note).

1 Like

oh ok I remember that now and yes, I did think of Parasite :smile:

Just did a Viki search for ā€œTunnelā€ and itā€™s not available in my area :disappointed_relieved: but there are other CJH works in there so Iā€™ll take it :grin: