Which languages do you know and which do you want to learn?

Thanks for the ideas for Korean. I’ll look into them. How were you able to get such a high level of French?

In the social environment i grew up it was a common thing to get proficiency certificates, and my family encouraged me very much.I also had home tutoring and my teacher was french. I can’t think of other reasons, because surely I wasn’t very talented. If anything I was quite bad, I had started in a foreign languages’ school but I couldn’t keep up with the rest of the class, hence the home tutoring haha. If i was the one to decide, i don’t think i would have continued this high, although French is a really beautiful language :slight_smile:

Glad i helped! Good luck, hope you’ll find them usefull ^_^!

2 Likes

I noticed that you said that you’re not so great with grammar, so I was wondering how you pulled it off. The tutor must’ve had some specific recommendations for the exam. Do you know if that’s something expensive? I think if I had the right kind of guidance, I could pass the French test. If I do it, I don’t want to take tests at every level, so I’d want to do the C1/2 and get it over with one time.

Vlach / Macedo-Romanian - native
Romanian - proficient
English, Italian (C1), Spanish (B2), French (C1), Greek (B1) – conversant

I want to improve my conversation & writing skills in English.

is Cherkess similar to Kurdish?
write something in Cherkess , pls :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t really remember if she had specific recommendations, but i can tell for sure that practice makes perfect. Home tutoring undeniably costs more than a foreign languages’ school, although it’s up to the tutor. But if i remember correctly, the cost was about 20 euros (approximately $27) per hour. Regarding the certificates, i think you can get C1 and C2 without getting the B2 but you must have C1 in order to get C2. Also in Sorbonne certificates, when you have the B2, you exempt from spelling and grammar in C1, something really usefull (especially if you’re not really good in grammar haha).
I believe there are more certificates you can look up other than Sorbonne, but i can’t really help you with that.

Wow! You’re a true polyglot. That’s great :slight_smile:

No , it’s not similar to Kurdish . We use the Russian language characters in writing . so by looking to the writing you’ll think it’s Russian language but if you hear the spelling , Cherkess is a different language we just share the same language characters . :slight_smile:

Ah. That’s the same relationship Mandarin and Cantonese have. You can learn to read both at the same time, but you have to learn the speaking nuances separately.

I was interested how does Cherkess language sound like. I though it sounds like Kurdish. Moldovans also used the Cyrillic alphabet until 1989, but they speak Romanian, like me, which is a Romance language, while the Russian speak a Slavic language, so not related at all.

p.s I’ve just listened a Cherkess song on youtube :slight_smile: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrHjtTQEnfc

Honestly our language is really hard , you have to learn it from a very young age or else you won’t pronounce the words properly.
Btw , great song ! try listening to other Circassian music by Ahmad Aiy for example , i think you’ll enjoy it . :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello!
Sorry to answer only now…
Yeah, my family is algerian that’s why :wink:

1 Like

Hi!!
i can actually talk three different languages (Arabic , English , French ) right now i’m trying to learn how to speak Korean which is too hard , Italian and
German so wish me luck during this journey…

1 Like

Is there someone who studies Korean here? I always wondered about Korean Grammar, if it has conjugations, tenses etc. I hope it’s not a stupid question >.<

Luuucckkkkk!!! :smiley:

No worries :slight_smile:

I don’t think it’s a stupid question. If you’re not familiar with the language, how would you know unless you enquired somewhere? Anyway, I just started learning Korean. I’m loving it and having a blast! Yes, they do have conjugations/tenses. Words will end in a certain way to distinguish whether you’re speaking in the present or past or future. I hope that answered your question. :slight_smile:

thanx i’m really thankful and all my best wishes for you too!!

1 Like

I fluently speak:

Finnish
English
Swedish

I’m currently learning:

Korean (Intermediate)
Russian (Good)

What I might pick up on and learn down the pipe:

Japanese (Fairly simplistic language)

Neat. How long have you been learning Korean? And what did you use to learn it?