Which languages do you know and which do you want to learn?

I can’t speak any other language besides English fluently. I can converse a bit in Spanish, but I don’t have the skills to translate. I can understand quite a bit of German when I’m reading it, but I can’t speak it. I know a little Japanese from all the years I studied Judo, but I only know related Judo terms and a few phrases. I’d like to learn Korean. Only because I’m so addicted to K-Dramas and Korean movies, it would be nice to be able to watch them without the subtitles.

Can anyone recommend any good audio CDs for learning Korean? I have so little time, I’d like to be able to listen to something in my car when I commute back and forth to work.

If you have any apple gadget, i would recommend you to install the app “istart korean” it is really good you just play a lesson and listen to it till you memorize it

I’m not sure if that will run on my Kindle Fire, but I’ll give it a try!

I found this and I thought it was pretty interesting. I’m going to make a screen cap of the chart in this video and print it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TE4eplsFSms

11 Likes

Try this site, seems pretty nice:
http://www.koreanclass101.com/

Thanks! I’ll give that a try too!

Hey everyone :slight_smile:
Well I am fluent/Tri-lingual in English, Russian and Lithuanian.
I understand everything in German and I can speak, altough not to the level of dicussing politics and quantum physics.
Polish, Latvian and Dutch are languages which I can understand a little of when spoken to me, but just about it.
Also, improving my Korean knowledge every day, and hopefully I’ll be going back to Seoul as an exchange student in 2014.

Hi guys !

French native and fluent in english and intermediate in Hindi (except for the writing), tending to learn korean

Ceci!! Hola I’m here too.

Tagalog is my first language.

I live in the Netherlands so i can speak Dutch.

And i speak English too.

Right now i’m learning:

Korean as well.

French (Well i’m forced to do it at school LOL ^ ^ )

German. (Forced… )

Chinese Writing and speaking it.

And Spanish

Lol i think if you are forced to learning French you won’t like it it’s pretty hard:/

I know
German
Kurdish
Turkish
English ( still need to improve it)
I am learning french at school but I am not very successful. Well it’s a subject I hate lol

I really want to learn korean because one day i want to go to korea…

2 Likes

I speak French, it’s my native language, and I understand and read English and Spanish better that I speak it ^^

I would like to learn Chinese, Japanese and Korean (well, I’m ambitious XD) And improve a lot my English and Spanish, these languages are one of the most spoken languages in the world I think it is important to speak it well (:

1 Like

it’s easier that Japanese lol :wink:

Hahaha yeahh you’re right about that!

1 Like

Growing up I “learned” 3 languages. English, Laotian, and Thai. I am not sure which language would be considered my first. I guess Laotian since that’s what my parents spoke to me in. I can read & write a little in Laotian. I read a little in Thai but I can speak & understand & translate all 3 fluently.

I want to learn, Korean, Spanish, French & some Taiwanese.

I know:
Spanish (native)
English

I really want to learn:
korean
Japanese

1 Like

Bueno, yo sé:

• ESPAÑOL
  • Un poco de ingles (entiendo 60%).

Tengo muchas ganas de aprender coreano
Si pudiera me gustaría aprender tantos idiomas como sea posible, porque me encanta el estudio de ellos :slight_smile:

1 Like

I know:

• English
  • French (I can fully comprehend it but can’t respond to others T.T)

I’m dying to learn:

• Korean - Currently attempting to teach myself. So far, I know Hangul but that’s as far as I’ve gone so far.
  • Spanish - I’ve taken Spanish since the third grade, but never really tried to apply myself to further my knowledge with the language.
  • American Sign Language - It’s always been an interest of mine. Currently taking a class every Saturday.