Who is Watching "Doom At Your Service"?💜 DATE WITH DOOM!

The more I watch DAYS, the more impressed I am with the very profound, deep, and simple view of life that the characters express at different times. I haven’t seen a lot of discussion about that here, especially since there is a lot of subtlety in the dialogs and monologs that has to be a challenge for subbers.

There are overtones of Buddhism, Taoism, and Shintoism, and Christianity (I base this on my sort of undergrad interest in world religions). There are universal principles that the world is founded on when it comes to science, and I think the same holds for the human heart.

Seo In-Guk may have lady Viki-ites spellbound with his shy smile, but wow, he is such a subtle and careful actor, and the lines he is delivering are (to me at least) deep, profound, beautiful, and simple.

How do I know? Because there are some pretty amazing subbers who are not just pretty faces. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

They think about stuff.

(Giphy)

And I am finding in DAYS a lot of what I think of as the “Korean” view of human relationships–everyone has a hidden story of loss and of hope that affects how they view life and deal with it, and if we just sit with someone for a while, that story will emerge, and we will find it easier to be compassionate and kind in dealing with others.

That, for me, is what makes DAYS more than just entertainment.

5 Likes

I was just fixing to say something about the dialogue I was just watching
I was just noticing the fireflies outside my house and in the context of what the characters are saying right now "Things Do Not Last Forever
however we LIVE as if they do
for love, friendships, life, sadness, hope, frailty
there has been some very DEEP meanings going on in this show
that is why I love it so much
the overtone of religions combined with life lessons I think is going to culminate into a BEAUTIFUL long lasting story

I might look like I only notice a pretty face ---- but I love deep meaning ---- ART -----and this may just be a view of what is to come
what EVERYONE could walk away with
 in deep thought
 if they sit and
PONDER

My original REVIEW on MDL: As there are a lot of negative reviews!
I personally love DAYS - I find it very thought provoking. There is such an inner conflict from a deity who feels that he is “dreaded” part of people’s lives - darkness - DOOM. He feels like everything he touches he RUINS. They elude to him having deep pain somewhere in the past. He seemed to start out with her in a flippant kind of “play thing” kind of way - something he thought he could “throw away” but he slowly wanted to help and protect. That’s why I think he runs away a lot. I don’t find this slow at all! And I have loved the last few episodes. I think Seo In Guk and Park Bo Young have a beautiful chemistry together. I also agree that the Team Leader and Cafe Owner and Writer are kind of a separate side story but I love her brother. And I’m totally TEAM TEAM Leader. I have a DATE with DOOM every Monday and I look forward to it. I hope that more people will look a little more deeply into the meaning of the show thru what “God” is trying to teach and what is happening with LOVE that might end up being a sacrifice. And I believe they also show that with BAD (like her sitting by herself at the beach) there is always GOOD (when her aunt comes to pick her up) I think DOOM has just as much to learn as she does. What does it truly mean to Really LOVE?

1 Like

I have my fingers crossed. The whole tone of DAYS seems too hopeful to have a tragic ending.

From what I remember of college English, a play is tragic when it basically ends with everyone dying horribly. A comedy is a play that has a lot of sorrow and challenges, but they are overcome by the characters, AND for some reason, there is a marriage at the end. At least that’s the case in Shakespearean plays.

2 Likes

crying

Seo In Guk - talks without talking - I just love that - He is so new to me but becoming one of my favorite actors

OK - I can only TAKE EPS 9 today - BAWLING MY HEAD OFF!!!
DOOM saying that he didn’t really understand about people living, eating, sleeping wanting to be like people who knew
in the end we are all dying
that is what living creatures do
but he has realized that he doesn’t want to lose her to have her disappear
don’t we all live like that
we live knowing that eventually we lose people
oh crying can’t stop

D-50

1 Like

episode 10 spoiler: I love it! there is a scene that I took a screenshot of because it’s so touching. When she was crying in episode 10 and he was comforting her and said, " I want to live, too so that I can die with you." YAAAAA! I was deeply touched at that moment.

3 Likes

spoiler%20gif

Don’t forget to blur your spoilers!!! I haven’t watched 10 yet!

But thanks for visiting our DOOM thread!

1 Like

Sorry for that. I thought everyone here has watched it. regarding that all of us love this series, so we are eager to know what happens next. I am sorry for spoiling it for you. But don’t worry I didn’t say much.:joy::joy:đŸ€

2 Likes

We have non-watchers right now that come to the thread to hang out and take our polls because they are binge watchers and want to wait until it is finished so we blur just in case. :kissing_heart:

@leerla73 my lurker - hahahahahahaha!

I am a softy and can’t handle it - crying at Eps 9 - so even I am not caught up

1 Like

I just finished episode 11. Why is the story going that way?
iu

I didn’t want amnesia :tired_face:

3 Likes

Seriously - I peeked and I have not watched #10 yet!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO - not the - She Forgets DOOM thing - NOOOOOOO!

1 Like

Oh - TEAM TEAM LEADER has a drama from 2020

Ok anyone still loving on TEAM TEAM LEADER - I LOVE THIS GUY :purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart::fire::fire::fire:
He is so COOL and he doesn’t even have to SAY anything
I love his stoic presence
and gosh darn it DOOM and TEAM TEAM LEADER dress so WELL.

• yes
  • no

0 voters

I added this show to my list, since he’s so gorgeous!

1 Like

Why you think I commented that I was not looking forward to seeing episode 12? I’m so pissed. I call that the k drama syndrome of going around in circle bc they don’t have enough cells in their brain to make up something else, other than the damn amnesia. By this time I would have seen the whole thing, but I’m not bc I’m sick of watching that c**pp* part.in K dramas.

2 Likes

I didn’t like born again at all, it’s too dark. Most of the characters are just plain mean without reason. It goes nowhere.

2 Likes

please not amnesia again !

1 Like

Did you watch the Scholar Who Walks the Night? He looks so great as GWI the vampire! Something about him I REALLY like! I look forward to him being on screen - is it his VOICE - very sultry

With Lee Joon Gi my favorite actor ! But I can’t watch it in my area :sob::sob::sob:

1 Like

Not yet, but I heard a lot of this show lately!!!

1 Like

Me! I can’t wait for the next episode. This story is so beautiful

1 Like