You Know You've Been Watching Too Many Kdramas When

Ok my phone just rang and the person I was talking to I said:

잠깐만

jamkkanman

Which sounds like Cha-ka-mon to me

4 Likes

don’t tell me you’ve been hallucinating about Minho now :joy::joy:

2 Likes

Correctly used too, it means wait a minute, or a little.
It might be time to move to S. Korea if you start answering your phone,
여보세요? yeoboseyo?(Hello?):stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::joy:

3 Likes

It was so funny - someone was talking to me and my phone rang and I immediately held my hand up and said - “jamkkanman”

Hilarious! I do use a lot of words or I try to - Just wish I could find someone to tutor me

4 Likes

Best thing to do is spend a month or three, in S. Korea, while your vocabulary is growing, so it’ll stick. Three months is the max allowed on a US passport, before they come looking for you :laughing::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::rofl: for the real deal, irl :sparkling_heart::purple_heart: ja!l in S. Korea (actually I don’t know what they really do in that case). I say go visit, with irl already known friends of course, not strangers met online here or anywhere else, unless they are vested first :point_up:t5:!
I found out through the youtubers I follow, and some I don’t follow, but I do watch their channel. Through them I’ve found links to online cafes, where people actually converse in Korean, and English, sometimes Konglish, as they call it, these folks are either living in S.Korea, or other countries, often they already visited, and stayed in S. Korea. These cafes are a mix of native S. Korean, and visitors. They also meet up in real life cafes in S. Korea. There’s this link through Asian Boss too, check their description link on their channel, or their about page, maybe their other online spots like IG, and FB.

3 Likes

This topic talks about

Ha! But I’ve talked so much to people about the K-drama world, I’ve been gifted with the beauty packets face mask, hand sanitizers, and face mask from S. Korea :laughing::smile: I also got gifted a set of pens designed in historic outfits, since 2017. I have yet to open it, I do hope the inks are still flowing. I kept the lotte shopping bag I got it in for quite a while, just because it all came straight from S. Korea. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

When you order all your FAVORITES in their Elle Korea, GQ Korea spreads etc etc! I have several magazines now! And I can’t READ anything in them!!!

I just look at the pictures!:heart_eyes::sob:

1 Like

1 Like

Heart Jail - AGAIN

I’m BACK all of a sudden!

1 Like

Stir crazy

1 Like

I watched an online class lecture for a full fifteen minutes before realising I CAN understand what they’re saying without the subtitles which were clogging up half the screen :woman_facepalming:

8 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: You are too far gone now :rofl: :rofl:

7 Likes

Awesome @vivi_1485 :smiley:!

1 Like

I started watching American shows with subtitles - I have issues!!! :rofl:

7 Likes

When my colleagues asked me if I was proud that they all started watching k dramas because of me. Because I talk about it all the time. :yum:

8 Likes

2 Likes

But concerning my youngest colleague I have nothing to do with it. He started watching dramas before we met. He was the one who first mentioned doom at your service!

1 Like

I’m bilingual (Korean and English), but now I have a “need” to have subtitles/captions on whether I’m watching a K-drama or an American show! I think I’ve been in Viki too long! :smiley:

6 Likes

Oh thank goodness I’m not the only one!!! I feel better

5 Likes

When my oldest asks if I’ve seen the latest American show and I respond with ‘No, I haven’t watched that drama.’

The other day I honestly couldn’t figure out what to generically call an American show, my kids just look at me funny when I call American shows Dramas. lol

7 Likes