You Know You've Been Watching Too Many Kdramas When

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: You are too far gone now :rofl: :rofl:

7 Likes

Awesome @vivi_1485 :smiley:!

1 Like

I started watching American shows with subtitles - I have issues!!! :rofl:

7 Likes

When my colleagues asked me if I was proud that they all started watching k dramas because of me. Because I talk about it all the time. :yum:

8 Likes

2 Likes

But concerning my youngest colleague I have nothing to do with it. He started watching dramas before we met. He was the one who first mentioned doom at your service!

1 Like

I’m bilingual (Korean and English), but now I have a “need” to have subtitles/captions on whether I’m watching a K-drama or an American show! I think I’ve been in Viki too long! :smiley:

6 Likes

Oh thank goodness I’m not the only one!!! I feel better

5 Likes

When my oldest asks if I’ve seen the latest American show and I respond with ‘No, I haven’t watched that drama.’

The other day I honestly couldn’t figure out what to generically call an American show, my kids just look at me funny when I call American shows Dramas. lol

7 Likes

Now that’s a language barrier, too cute!

2 Likes

:joy::joy: the other day I said “Indian dramas” instead of “TV serials” and of course I got the dramatic this-girl-is-too-far-gone reactions… it doesn’t help that the only Korean they know is Kim Jong Un :flushed:

7 Likes

We had to watch a play of Shakespeare’s Tempest Act 3 in class today, you know, with all those dialogues in old English… and this is my best friend’s reaction :joy:

6 Likes

I have been doing this ever since I had kids. They don’t discriminate by language when it comes to talking over my shows! But American TV is terrible, the shows just don’t know when to stop!

6 Likes

Lol! TBH I prefer some kind of bow now. It’s a hands-free greeting that’s polite and also doesn’t require an awkward wave or fake smile.

5 Likes

I do - do that a little!

1 Like

I’m still so embarassed over the time I greeted my best friend’s dad with a 45 degree bow :see_no_evil::flushed:

5 Likes

I used to do this already for certain shows. Some shows have a major discrepancy between the volume of the dialogues and the volume of the music (it’s really annoying). I don’t like it when the volume is too loud, so I turn it down and this makes it really hard to understand the dialogue sometimes (I prefer this to a sudden blast of loud background music), so subtitles are handy :laughing:

Haha I picked up this habit too, especially when I went to the Korean grocery store, I would do it to greet the owner :laughing: she taught me the right words to say when I leave as well :smile:. II caught myself doing it to others too, but I modified it to only bow my head instead :rofl:

4 Likes

Yes!!

So I’m not the only one

2 Likes

When you look at your clock and you know what time it is in Seoul!!!

8 Likes

“Oh, she used THAT four-letter word again. W-O-R . . . Disgusting!”

3 Likes