Your laugh for the day

oh my goodness!

4 Likes

ok y’all we talked about the shortness/tallness of “us” so here it is in a nutshell, so laugh to your hearts content!!

and of course beware of dynamite in small package

6 Likes

240992255_4266323523444258_1051122686168013878_n

7 Likes

241191650_4525890017461397_6287700842839720748_n

2 Likes

5 Likes

another aaaaahhhhh moment

husky finds a box of stray kittens and decides to be their new mom

4 Likes

(Giphy)

1 Like

Here you go. A mother’s solution to a toddlers’ unauthorized experimentation with gravity.

washable tray inset - can’t throw that over. But spaghetti can still fly! :rofl:

spaghetti-9-2010

2 Likes

didn’t know if I should have put it here or on the do you cook. but heres your laugh for today

3 Likes

I’m frustrated as hell.

1 Like

I finally realized that is up to us; not to let negativity become part of our everyday life.
I Learned to hear the right voice; not the wolves disguise as lambs.
We must learn to love ourselves enough; not to allowed toxic people into our life.

5 Likes

Walmart

Ok so on my trip to Aruba - one of the girls would carry this around with her so we could play. I was reigning champion for quite a while until she beat me at the end of the trip. It is so FUN. This way you are not on your phone at dinner you are playing a game with one another - great conversation starter!

Pass the PIGS - they are your dice! :pig:

3 Likes

:rofl::rofl: :rofl::rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :sunglasses: :rofl: :joy: :rofl:

4 Likes

Give me all the flying spaghetti! I believe in spaghetti! (Though when I was two, I called it “buh-sketti”).

Any kind of tomato sauce (almost) will do. Any kind of cheese (almost) will do. Barilla pasta or nothing. We true believers have standards, you know . . .

6 Likes

I really like the many things you post bc you always find such interesting subjects to post here, and I always look into everything you write or post here; to ‘‘wonder’’ in that different world you bring to us all.

Thanks for sharing, is good to take a break from the empty feeling brought on by so many cute hotties, that will never give us the time of the day, but just let me keep on dreaming until I fall flat on my face. hahahahahaha:rofl::rofl::rofl:

About your article this was My laugh for the day. i hope ppl read this article you posted is hilarious!

Afterlife

The Pastafarian conception of Heaven includes a beer volcano and a stripper (or sometimes prostitute) factory.[38] The Pastafarian Hell is similar, except that the beer is stale and the strippers have sexually transmitted diseases.[40]

Some excerpts from The Loose Canon include:

I am the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Thou shalt have no other monsters before Me (Afterwards is OK; just use protection). The only Monster who deserves capitalization is Me! Other monsters are false monsters, undeserving of capitalization.

Suggestions 1:1

“Since you have done a half-ass job, you will receive half an ass!” The Great Pirate Solomon grabbed his ceremonial scimitar and struck his remaining donkey, cleaving it in two.
Slackers 1:51–52

As a cultural phenomenon

A bottle of Flying Spaghetti Monster red wine

The Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster now consists of thousands of followers,[42] primarily concentrated on college campuses in North America and Europe.[58] According to the Associated Press, Henderson’s website has become “a kind of cyber-watercooler for opponents of intelligent design”. On it, visitors track meetings of pirate-clad Pastafarians, sell trinkets and bumper stickers, and sample photographs that show “visions” of the Flying Spaghetti Monster.[59]

3 Likes

Ah yes, the Pasta-farians were at my university too. :smirk: :sunglasses:

4 Likes

3 Likes

I will qualify my posting by saying that I have extremely strongly held religious beliefs, but they are universal beliefs.

British author C.S. Lewis wrote extensively about this in his book titled The Abolition of Man {as in human being, human kind, NOT as in male of the human species]. That is the title of the American edition. I don’t know what the British edition title is.

He argued that, if you examine all major faiths and philosophies, you will find certain principles of right behavior, right attitude, and right belief that are consistent across time, culture, and religion, and to denigrate ANY one of any background for holding such beliefs is simply evil.

And, he argued, what is more evil is the insistence that a good education is one in which students are not forced to have their minds cluttered up with “irrational” ideas and values.

Love C. S. Lewis and his love of the common man and common sense.

(I find it endlessly fascinating that, as a young university don, Lewis, in trying to sort out his own spirituality, at one point thought that the spirituality that made the most sense was Hinduism . . .)

(Giphy)

4 Likes

@entwyfhasbeenfound

I have read a few of CS Lewis books, but the only one I really liked was: The Problem of Pain

by C.S. Lewis

excerpt from: Goodreads
For centuries Christians have questioned why, if God is good and all-powerful, he allows us to suffer pain. C.S. Lewis sets out to disentangle this knotty issue, but adds that, in the end, no intellectual solution can avoid the need for faith…

To me, it answered many of my questions about holding on to faith. In my life, I realized FAITH is the only thing that gives me strength to continue on with life’s struggles.

I mainly avoid talking about religion bc some people get offended here, if you try here to talk about this GOD I believe in, but I don’t criticize any religion or their belief. They can believe in the devil(GR) if they want to, and that won’t stop me from talking to them just bc of their belief.

As long as we are educated enough to respect other people’s belief, we can be civilized and even talk about it like you just did about something I never knew even existed and @porkypine90_261 knows about it too.

porkypine90_261
Ah yes, the Pasta-farians were at my university too

This is honestly the first time I read about this. Freedom of Religion is important to Everyone.

2 Likes

When I was in grad school in the 1980s (a very strange experience as far as anti-religion goes) I had one professor, Professor Collins, who was an outspoken Christian. He was at ease talking with anybody about literally anything.

He was The Expert on English Literature of the Middle Ages, which everyone agreed had to be part of the education of someone who wanted to teach English literature in a high school or in a university setting. After class, he would sit and talk and laugh with his students. He was always eager to learn someone’s point of view, and if someone talked about something unfamiliar to him, he was eager to learn about it. He was a remarkable man.

Sadly, at the end of my first semester, he went into the hospital for relatively minor surgery and died of an infection that the hospital could not bring under control.

If he had lived, he would have been my advisor. But without him, I was not strong enough to stand up to a whole department of people who hated God. It was clear by their BEHAVIOR.

Obviously the literature of the British Isles in the Middle Ages was written by and for Christians. DUH. And there were non-Christian professors who taught classes on such literature. Because they liked the historical aspects or the symbolism or whatever.

But they were the most egotistical, argumentative, suspicious bunch ever. Plus being anti-woman and anti-Semitic. And if anybody approached them about a topic that they did not know about or violently disagreed with, they would get angry and even abusive.

I know people who are NOT Christians who are loving and kind in their behavior, and I trust them more than I do many people who grew up in a church. Only God can know the heart, and what goes on in someone’s heart is between that person and God.

BUT!

In terms of behavior, give me a kind Buddhist, Taoist, Confucianist, Hindu, Moslem OR even atheist as my neighbor INSTEAD of somebody who grew up in a church and despises God.

2 Likes