If you have applied to Channel Manager please read this topic

Hahaha! :grin:

Same here, I don’t really dare to edit English, as I still find mistakes in my old posts here in Discussions (mostly prepositions in phrases and word order). And God knows how many other mistakes I have which I’m not even aware of.

3 Likes

This is the other extreme.
Seems as if the drama is fully added and has English subtitles, I didn’t look at them, so at this point I don’t know if they need editing, and it has many other subtitles in other languages.

But because the CM seat is vacant, there is no subtitle team page and no way to add this to a collection. Doesn’t make any sense at all to me …

This show started airing in April 2020 according to the earliest ratings for this drama which mentioned “looking forward to more episodes”.

It’s almost finished for all 11 languages which have started translating it, and the team has a proper Viki name (Amnesia team).

The fact that there is no Team tab makes me think that the message “Looking for a channel manager” could be just another glitch in the sea of glitches lately.

1 Like

This happens to other shows as well. It’s the result of someone deleting their account or Viki deleting an account. If a person who is a CM deletes his account, at some point, the channel will go back to “looking for a channel manager.”

That’s also possible. Still, I would then expect the Team tab to be present with loads of volunteers. But there is nothing there.

Unless this is a series which has completely been translated by a Vikibot to 11 languages and there is no team. But then all the languages would have been finished a long time ago. And they aren’t.

2 Likes

I really don’t understand why we are experiencing these many issues lately, though they are not major ones but they are troubling us to some extent. And staff are not responding in discussions.and help center is slow because of all these issues.

1 Like
1 Like

@leerla73

It seems to [me] the problem began when the amnesia also got to the team members, and they forgot they were working on [Ancient Detective] that by the way… I also forgot I was watching this drama; so there is something strange about using the word amnesia? Just kidding I left the drama bc I got horribly bored with the story.

2 Likes

I couldn’t find a better topic to post this…

Continuing from:

I found another instance where the same CM appointed another rookie as a mod. Sigh…

AnotherRookieMod

I didn’t report this CM earlier, but I’d rather do it right now.

4 Likes

Hi all! It’s strange yes, many movies in my country are already translated online on other resources. I’ve watched them all already. Here they are just being translated. I wish it was faster. I like Viki only because I can watch it on the big TV screen. And of course I dream of becoming a moderator.

2 Likes