QC Gifts Winter 2017

Oh and here is a bunch of the “Justin Bieber” hoodies I saw at H&M (I hate Justin Bieber!)

http://www.buro247.sg/thumb/1000x700/local/images/buro/galleries/2017/09/JUSTIN-BIEBER-PURPOSE-TOUR-MERCH-2.jpg

http://d-journaldubai.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/JUSTIN-BIEBER-PURPOSE-MERCH-19.jpg

http://statusmagonline.com/test/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/http-hypebeast.com-image-2017-08-justin-bieber-merch-3.jpg

https://images.vinted.net/thumbs/f800/00b44_iHiUsnCfsykpnCBP79bfABfq.jpeg?11502913738

The one thing I know is, that almost every year they give us the right to choose our gifts as a reward for spending our time doing subs etc.

But this year, it’s not enough they didn’t ask us, they send us a t-shirt which I don’t mind it. But they send to everyone a Men’s t-shirt and Large size!!!

I’M A WOMAN AND THEY CLEARLY KNOW IT AND EVEN SMALL SIZE MAY BE BIG!

THANKS FOR SENDING A GIFT FOR ME THAT I CAN’T EVEN WEAR!!!

4 Likes

Most likely it won’t match your room since the purpose is to plaster it in the wall. If you have a car, maybe find a spot in the car?

the last is so hilarious I almost p…d from laughing… this could be another flip like pants with a funny skirt… the red one, lmao!!

1 Like

Are you wearing such a small size?
Awesome!
My T-shirt is just nice. It fitted me perfectly
Well I am rather oversized though. lol

1 Like

Not all women are slim, you know… For some of us, even L may be small. Just sayin’…

1 Like

I think the main point is (to sum up):

• Not the correct size for some ppl.

• expectation: compared to previous years, ppl expected something (to their size? Something they could pick?)

• unwearable for some (ideas to modify it, to wear it as pyjamas)

Not a question about the weight of people nor ppl have something against men and their shirts, but if it’s wearable for some (like people who won’t wear mini skirts or a particular color, some won’t wear oversized for them)

1 Like

Doesn’t matter really. :slight_smile: As long as you can pick the size you’d like to wear. For me is so big, that’s meddlesome even for a dress that I don’t even wear. :stuck_out_tongue: I’m 48 kilos, what you’d expect? :wink: It was really something I wanted to wear, even outside, that’s why I’m mad…

1 Like

But if it was a size you’ve chosen, it wouldn’t be much of a problem. Just one click and they’d send it to us. It was really something I wanted to wear, even outside, that’s why I’m mad and sad… Why would I give it to my mom or dad, who they don’t even know the meaning behind it?

1 Like

You can make it your size. See that previous post of mine with helpful ideas.
If you live in Athens, I can help you, I’ve got a sewing machine. https://discussions.viki.com/t/qc-gifts-winter-2017/18198/30?u=irmar

I have a sewing machine as well. But it’s hard work to reduce the size.
I am wearing extra small in USA. :frowning:
Luckily my big baby found the t-shirt awesome and he decided to wear it. :slight_smile:
Too bad I can’t wear it. I wanted to show off that I am the part of VIKI family.

1 Like

Although this shirt is the most ill fitted Viki shirt I own, fabric wise it’s more thick so better quality. It’s funny though because all my Viki shirts have an other size or fit. I think it’s understandable that for the QC gift they decided to just go for one size that most people fit. For all other shirts I own they asked what size and or fit I wanted but that was a lesser quantity and really our NSSA shirt took forever and I think all the different sizes and fits was one of the issues why it took longer. (You could choose a size and a men or women fit)

Ohh and QC gift wise… so far it only happened twice Viki did send us a giftcard to pick our own QC gift, all other QC gifts so far have been Viki goodies you could not pick yourself.

1st QC gift: tshirt and headphones I believe (I didn’t claim because I couldn’t believe I would get it for free, was still new to Viki and the whole volunteer thing.)
2nd QC gift: Viki goodies like stickers, pen, I love Viki totebag, keychain
3rd QC gift: Giftcard for Viki’s QC gift shop where you could choose your own gift (didn’t use it myself due certain reasons)
4th QC gift: Viki totebag, stickers, notebook and I believe a sheetmask
5th QC gift: Yesstyle giftcard
6th QC gift: Tshirt and flag thingy

3 Likes

Too bad we live so far away, darling. I’d do it for you in a jiffy. And we could have had a nice chat too…

2 Likes

Over here you have little shops that can do alterations to clothing and repair clothing like a broken zipper and such. They sometimes come and go because many who can’t do it themselves throw away clothing it seems.
I think in other countries/cities they have those so maybe look for those if you find it to hard.

I’m still in debate wether I should use mine as a sleeping shirt, sports shirt (for sports I don’t mind if it’s a bit to large) or just an extra layer under my other clothing but then you don’t see the back print.

2 Likes

I’ve just received it and I love it! Some people might say it’s because it’s my first gift but I wasn’t really expecting anything for a volunteering job where giving is the main goal.
It’s big, that’s true, but I believe confort is more important than fashion.
I’m happy with my new t.shirt.

A caballo regalado no se le miran los dientes.
Don’t look a gift horse in the mouth.

^^;

3 Likes

I picked up mine today from the post office.
The T-shirt looks really nice and it’s quality is indeed very good. (At least compared to my H&M T-shirts.)
The pennant is cute too.

@irmar If I had to describe it, I would say it’s a Slim Fit Large. I wear Medium (Normal Fit) and this fits almost the same. Maybe even a tiny bit “tighter”. It’s definitely longer though and the sleeves… Oh, the sleeves… I can fit like 3 arms in each. Apparently Viki is really popular in bodybuilding gyms and other galaxies.

2 Likes

@camiille, @anon20195650, can you please check your email box, I sent you an email regarding the QC shipment, I’ll be moving soon, so I’m worried how much longer the shipment will take, I have NO tracking number, I filled google form on Nov 7th.
Really much appreciate your support. Simi

Same here. It’s really almost a dress ^^ Guess I’ll try wearing it in summer with some (probably barely visible) short trousers. Maybe it’s an idea for you too, if this is cultural acceptable for your country.

1 Like

Sure is. It’s just embarrassing for me to wear it like that outside, doesn’t suit me. Especially in summer, there’s too much hot for so much extra fabric :stuck_out_tongue: Anyway, thank you for the idea!

I live in Thessaloniki :slight_smile: Thank you for the offer really, and I consider the idea of changing the t-shirt or I’ll just give it to my parents. I don’t have many options anyway. Be well, I enjoy your translation work!

2 Likes