SEGMENTERS PLEASE VISIT HERE! Some Helpful Advice for Current and Potential Aspiring Segmenters

1 Like

Thank you.

THANK YOU VIKI FOR YOUR COMMUNITY STORY GIFT

Extremely grateful to Viki’s kindness and thoughtfulness for sending me this delightful present for my Viki Community Story:

It’s a cucumber facial mask from Korea and an AUTOGRAPH signed by SUNNY WANG!

Thank you so much for helping me expand my Viki Gift Collection…

In this upcoming Year of the Horse, I will try my best to put forth my best effort on my projects, particularly NINJA SEGGING & SUBBING ACADEMY!

Best,
Amy…p(^_^)q

3 Likes

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY TO ALL MY AVID FOLLOWERS AND READERS. PLEASE LOOK FORWARD TO NEW SEGMENTING TIPS IN THE NEAR FUTURE p(^_^)q

2 Likes

I am in the list for the ninja academy but saw today that my name was passed and haven’t contact me. Is there any reasons for that?

Hi,

Just sent a pm to you.

Thanks for all your helpful tips and advice. We are grateful of your generous sharing of knowledge with us all.

1 Like

Are you interested in becoming a segmenter? Segmenters time every line of dialogue at viki. Please watch this fun video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ab7gqbcddU

PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VISIT OUR HOMEPAGE FOR MORE DETAILS

3 Likes

`
did anyone ever segment a youtube video using Opera Next?
in my opinion, it’s better than chrome :wink:

1 Like

I tried both… opera lags… chrome is more in synch

Hi Rhu_di:

I think this Ninja Segging and Subbing Academy blog article about Compatibility of different browsers with segment timer will interest you:

http://ninjaacademyatviki.blogspot.ca/2014/05/segment-timer-and-browsers.html

Please feel free to experiment and see if your findings are similar to ours.

Best,
Amy…

1 Like

I have a question. I signed up for Ninja Segging & Subbing Academy and started my segmenting training. The training has now been put on hold because I have a run into a problem that my teacher could not solve. For some reason, I am unable to use any of the keyboard shortcuts. I am unable to make perfect segments due to this. I was wondering if you had any advice to give me. I use Google Chrome & a mac computer.

Do the shortcut keys work using any other browser?

Lucy, one thing you might want to do if you haven’t is check the compatibility of Chrome with your operating system.

From Google:
Chrome no longer supports Mac OS X 10.5

Google Chrome on Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) stopped receiving updates following Chrome 21. This includes new features, security fixes and stability updates. If you’re not sure what OS version you’re on, go to the Apple icon on the top left corner and click About This Mac to find out. If you already have Chrome installed, you can still use Chrome, but it will no longer be auto-updated. In addition, you’ll be unable to install Chrome on any Mac still running 10.5 (which is an OS X version also no longer being updated by Apple). While we understand this is an inconvenience, this change was made to ensure we can continue to deliver a safe, secure, and stable Chrome for the most Mac users possible.

I just looked on the internet a little and apparently there are a number of issues people report. Have you tried other browsers like Firefox?

I assume you have rebooted the computer lately? I ask this because it seems every time my daughter has a problem on her laptop I ask her the same question and she can’t usually remember. Rebooting has probably solved 90% of her issues.

I have OSX version 10.9.2. Rebooted my computer and also tried using Firefox. The result is weird. I can use all the keyboard shortcuts except the ones w the key “tab”. I seem to be able use all the other shortcuts.
Thank so much for your help. I appreciate it.

As we discussed directly, I think it would be good for others who saw this discussion to know that without the tab functions you can still segment. When going through the Ninja Basic Segmenting Training of the Ninja Segging & Subbing Academy just let the instructor know that your tab functions don’t work. The tab functions can be helpful sometimes but you can get through the training easily without them.

Glad you’re back in the training!

@Luceforyou91 how strange you can’t use Tab. I’m a mac user (OSX 10.9.2) too and I have no problems with Tab or Shift+Tab and I do use Google Chrome too. Maybe this question sounds weird but if you hit “tab” and the timer doesn’t react to it, does something else happen? If so it’s possible that your tab is assigned to something else. Check your keyboard settings -> shortkeys in that case. I guess that’s not it but since you can customize shortkeys on your mac.

But on the other hand it’s also possible that it’s just a timer thing. Viki has many bugs lately.

Thanks, I understand very well :smiley:

http://discussions.viki.com/t/segmenters-please-visit-here-some-helpful-advice-for-current-and-potential-aspiring-segmenters/135/290?u=lacruiser

I just like to listen to the song!

And you showed it in the training!!