SEGMENTERS PLEASE VISIT HERE! Some Helpful Advice for Current and Potential Aspiring Segmenters

I have a question I want to be a student but is this like the old seg 101 or express101?

I just sent you a PM.

1 Like

If anyone has any other input about how shortcut keys do or do not work on different devices please post it here. There seem to be a lot of questions about it. From what I have seen most shortcuts work fine in everything we are doing with the Ninja segment training but even if not you can get through it.

SEGMENTER FYI: NOVEMBER 2014 EDITION

Hello all Dedicated Followers:

Hope you are all doing well.

I first want to apologize for the long delay from my last post until this one. There was definitely a lot of work in real life as well as managing Ninja Academy to teach more volunteers to become segmenters/subbers and assist them to become a Qualified Contributor on Viki over the past year.

Since it’s November and Christmas is coming soon, I want to offer you a “Winter/Christmas” present. Ninja Academy is now accepting applications for the 2014/2015 term at our Segmenting School.

If you want to come and meet new friends or just challenge yourself to take action for the shows that you watch and support, the opportunity has arrived and is right in front of you now.

So please don’t miss out on this amazing opportunity to make a positive change to your viki experience.
If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me or just leave a comment below, I will be happy to address it for you!

Best,
Amy…

Visit Ninja Academy’s Channel: CLICK HERE

Apply for the Segmenting Program: CLICK HERE

2 Likes

Amy, that Ninja looks like it would have a hard time sneaking up on anybody.

Aww, our ninjas are willing to reveal themselves and share their viki experience with us all. So everyone, please look forward to another Ninja Meet and Greet Soon =)

2 Likes

Ninja Academy is great! The mentors are patient and give real, useful feedback and critiques and provide excellent training materials. I’m so glad I decided to make the time to learn something new! Thank you for all the work that you do to make this possible.

3 Likes

Hello Singndance4life:

I’m glad you are enjoying your studies at Ninja Academy and I assure that you will not be disappointed.

All of our Senseis and TAs apply what we learned and discovered along the way as a segmenter ourselves when providing feedback, so you will be able to understand the material from our point of view.

We also try our best to understand any concerns from the students’ point of view and devise new material and innovation to make your learning experience even more enjoyable.

So please feel free to [PM][1] me if you have any questions about segmenting, I’d be happy to help you out.

Looking forward to see you at the graduation podium soon,
Amy…
[1]: https://www.viki.com/users/AmyPun

2 Likes

I keep hearing about a “green sandbox” to practice segmenting but I can’t find the link to it anywhere?

Hello Ramnikmahay:

Thanks for your interest in practicing at our sandbox. The sandbox will be available to you once you apply to our application (please click here).

According to our records, you should of received two welcome letters to begin at our sandbox from Sandbox Guardian LACruiser.

So please check your Private Messages and respond to the PM written to you by LACruiser to begin your Sandbox Training.

Looking forward to see you at Ninja Academy soon,
Amy…

Hello all Dedicated Followers:

On behalf of Ninja Academy, I’m here to cordially invite you to participate in our First Anniversary event and celebrate the milestone with us. Winning participants from our contests will be eligible to receive a prize sponsored by Viki!

So please come out and join in on the FUN!

http://www.viki.com/tv/1863c-ninja-segging-subbing-academy

2 Likes

2 Likes

There us so much useful information in this thread!

Hi Adribubbles:

Thanks for your interest in this thread. If you have any questions about any information. Feel free to leave a message here or PM me. I’d be happy to help you out.

If you’d like to learn more about segmenting or want to become a segmenter, please check out this page: http://www.viki.com/tv/1863c-ninja-segging-subbing-academy

More information about segmenting can be found in this Ninja Segging Guide.

You can register for our segmenting course in this Application Form.

Successful graduates will receive this badge from Viki on your profile coverpage:

Thanks,
Amy…

hi segmenters
can someone help me, what is the alternative for cmd on a windows key board, p.s: i’m using chrome browser

Hi @mina_badwi, try CTRL on your keyboard.

You are too funny Amy, very cute shirt for the fastest segmenter. Belated congratulations. Of course you are awesome. !

[JOIN US IN A CHAT HAPPENING NOW]

“Invite”

We’re watching Mirror of the Witch!

Enter chat here:

https://www.hipchat.com/gpgBW6CSA (Join room using your username)

THANKS EVERYONE FOR COMING OUT TO SHOW US YOUR SUPPORT FOR US TODAY, IT IS NOW CLOSED. LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING YOU AGAIN SOON!!!

https://1.viki.io/c/1863c/e29c2324c9.png?x=b&s=780x436&q=h&e=t&f=t&cb=1

1 Like

Thank you for taking the time to put this together. I did segmenting years ago, but need a refresher after years away, so this is much appreciated.

1 Like