Segue Cafe - meet up with friends to chat about whatever strikes your fancy

I thought Lunar New Year was a neutral term. :thinking:
Screenshot_20230125-101042_Chrome Screenshot_20230125-101232_Chrome
https://www.yahoo.com/news/chinese-netizens-slam-korean-celebrities-230245595.html

1 Like

Eesh, Netizens sure can pick anything to be upset about. I just assumed it’d be Chinese New Year in China, but everywhere else it’d be Lunar New Year

3 Likes

Surprisingly each country has it’s own name for the Lunar New Year.

4 Likes

Thank you for sharing. My curiosity led me to the Lunar Calendar on Britannica’s site.

2 Likes

Hey, Everyone!
I wasn’t sure where to post this question, so I’m posting it here since this forum is for all topics. I’ve only been a volunteer here at Viki for a short time, although I’ve been a subscriber for a while now. Anyway, I’ve noticed that some dramas are edited very quickly and the episodes get released on a fast schedule while other dramas the episodes are edited very slowly, and some projects even it has been many months or years, and sometimes they stop the editing completely. Why is that? I mean, why does that happen? It says on the Volunteer guidelines that when you accept a project you are supposed to be able to work on it “as it is airing” so why are some projects okay and then other projects are not if everyone on the teams has agreed to commit to the project? I’m still trying to understand about this. I don’t mean to offend anyone and I’m not trying to be difficult or accuse any people. I’m just trying to understand why this is happening.

A quick search will bring up the threads that has the answer, there are a few out there with this question, and answer. I’ll link you to it/them shortly.

Okay, here are two of my search returns:
https://discussions.viki.com/search?context=topic&context_id=39341&q=Editors%20Incomplete%20subs&skip_context=true

https://discussions.viki.com/search?context=topic&context_id=39341&q=Incomplete%20subs&skip_context=true

Here are a few specific threads:
https://discussions.viki.com/t/why-are-there-any-incompletely-translated-episodes-in-a-series/17354
https://discussions.viki.com/t/subtitle-status-question-and-answer/226?u=leerla73
https://discussions.viki.com/t/talking-about-editing/10818/4

:rofl::rofl::rofl: This one is for the laughs. :joy: See review pictured. I found it in this link:

@table122000,
Checking in with volunteers you’ve worked with might prove more helpful. This will help with relevance, due to updates. :wink:

3 Likes

Screenshot_20230126-130802_Chrome Screenshot_20230126-131854_Chrome Screenshot_20230126-131902_Chrome Screenshot_20230126-131920_Chrome Screenshot_20230126-131929_ChromeScreenshot_20230126-134500_Chrome

3 Likes

Thanks, @leerla73 for the information on where to go with my question on projects and editing. Much appreciated.

2 Likes

Very interesting about the “onion bouquet.” I think I would have combined the onions with some flowers so I could have the best of both worlds. Glad to see the government stepped in to help bring the price of onions down.

2 Likes

:smiley: Neat idea! :grinning: Didn’t think of that, plus she already budgeted for the flowers. :bouquet:

Exactly! :bouquet: 🧅 :bouquet: 🧅 :bouquet: :grinning:

2 Likes

Yes, I saw that they already had a flower budget. I think they probably could have worked with the florist to design a bouquet that combined the onions with some flowers and still kept within their budget.

2 Likes

If you wanna vote, go to their tab for Community.
Screenshot_20230126-184035_YouTube

2 Likes

Now I have seen it all… A Pizza wedding bouquet! Actually, it looks rather attractive, but I don’t think I would want to have the scent of pizza wafting over me as I walk down the isle. Also, I would be terrified of getting a stain on my wedding dress.

4 Likes

@table122000
Brides get the chance to carry a pizza bouquet instead of flowers

I have seen ridiculous stuff in my life …but a pizza bouquet? :rofl:. It’s hard enough with regular clothes to keep from spilling; imagine a gorgeous white wedding dress?
The thought of smelling the strong odor of pizza, it’s even worse to imagine on a wedding day. I think only an owner of a pizza place would have no issues doing that and actually enjoy it. lol

4 Likes

3 Likes

I know, right? I wonder if anyone entered the drawing- the article doesn’t say. I doubt they had many entries.:laughing: It is amazing how the food stylist was able to make flowers out of the pizza dough and sauce, though.

2 Likes

6 Likes

ok everyone, I need your help. I am getting messaged from "Kim woo bin, is it really him? it says from his page and all, I got something like this from wookie last year, is it them, or ??? seems like he wants to
here is some of the messages I have gotten

keep in touch as well. but stil, I am sckeptical uncertain etc etc etc. so any help greatly appreciated

Kim woo bin live page is responding to a comment you made on their Page. View comment.

Enter

Kim woo bin live page

Icon for this message's header

Post by Kim woo bin live page

Icon for this message
Mary Ann Grether commented
bless you kiddo, a senior citizen from USA

See comment

Enter

Kim woo bin live page

Kim woo bin live page

Thank you for your support always

Enter

Thu 1:24 AM

Kim woo bin live page

Kim woo bin live page

It’s a great pleasure for me to have a fan from USA,I’m looking forward to know you better

Enter

Thu 9:15 PM

Kim woo bin live page

Hi

Enter

Kim woo bin live page

Kim woo bin live page

How are you doing ?

Enter

6:35 AM

You sent

I am fine

Enter

3:34 PM

Kim woo bin live page

Kim woo bin live page

What you up to today?

Enter

You sent

trying to keep warm

Enter

You sent

crochet, genealogy stuff like that

Enter

Kim woo bin live page replied to you

Original message:

trying to keep warm

It’s cold over there right

Enter

Kim woo bin live page

Stay safe and stay warm

Enter

Kim woo bin live page

Kim woo bin live page

I hope we can keep in touch better,I really want to know you

Enter

You sent

ohe thig, i want to know is this really you, or is this a spammer using Kim woo bin? I got another message from another actor, ane with all this scammong stuff gping opn, I am just not certain If it is you of course would love to keep conmtact.

bad people trying to spoil my career

Seen by Kim woo bin live page at 3:41 PM|14pxx14px

Enter

Kim woo bin live page is typing

Write to Kim woo bin live page

Omg lately I’ve been dealing with lot of bad people trying to spoil my career

Enter

Kim woo bin live page

I got a lot of reports I’m try to end this,my fans has been victim of bad people impersonating me

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

ok now lets see what does happen here. y’all sorry this is so messed up, but I really hope y’all can help me with this

2 Likes

I hate to disappoint you @frustratedwriter, but from what you sent it looks like an impersonator to me. I don’t know that much about Kim Woo Bin but from what I understand his English language skills are pretty good, so I’m a little suspect about the bad grammar in some of the replies. Also, I find it suspect that he keeps repeating the same phrase of “wanting to know you” over and over. That feels more like what scammers do. Also, “bad people wanting to spoil his career?” I am skeptical. I would definitely proceed with caution.

4 Likes

thank you so much, now guess what he/? responded today, Darling and something else, so with you telling me this, and yes I do recall he speaks very good english, and this person didn’t.

I blocked him today,

thank you so much. wish whoever wouldn’t do that with any actor or actress!

this is twice for me

2 Likes