The highlight of your day

My daughter got Pfizer and my boys and I got Moderna. For both, the second shot is the one that will knock you out. I had a bit of chill and body ache and sore arm, but we all suffered a massive headache. The symptoms usually last about 2 days so be prepared.

7 Likes

I always get a sore arm which lasts for a day sometimes 2 afterI get my travel vaccinations. But not so painful as Pfizer, I did a few naps during the day but still feel tired. My dad also has Pfizer, no issues. A co worker of at my mom’s work had to call in sick for a day as she had a fever and such.

5 Likes

I like saving animals! I just pulled a turtle out of the street. Last year we had a HUGE SNAPPING tortoise in our yard because of a pool going in down the street - obviously he got up rooted - I had to call wildlife control.

This little guy today looked so DIRTY and someone is tearing up their yard! I bet he got displaced! I tried to convince him to take up in another area near!

Believe it or not you should NEVER remove a turtle from within a mile or where they live - it will make them try to find their home for the rest of their lives. So NOPE I didn’t grab him and take him to the pond just walked him up in the yard so he wouldn’t get hit.

6 Likes

You did great!! Kdrama, awesome! and you are right about not displacing the turtle.

3 Likes

I saw this - this morning!

3 Likes

Love them!!

2 Likes

image20210626_135551930

Sitting and reading a new, hopefully good, book. About our dear rival, Sweden, during the WW2. It’s 32-33c outside, but it feels like 23 due to the breeze. I can here 4-5 different birds singing around me. Feels kinda nice, makes the heat a bit more tollerable. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Please don’t mind me meddling.
In most North-European languages, “god” is the word for “good”.

4 Likes

It’s not that god, God = gud, good = god, eng - sv.

4 Likes

Yep, plus the likelihood that I would read a book about the English god is quite low, unless strictly historically relevant or similar. Otherwise the picture might have been of me burning the book instead of reading it :stuck_out_tongue:. This is due to historical reasons, everything done in the name of a or several gods, too often, when reading history, I read of horrible apparently bad word some ideological, cultural, religious etc. group has done to another, not only that, but how the current descendants of those are currently living amazing lives because of it. It’s amazing what humans do to each other, how others with power to stop it don’t and how all those ppl rationalize it to them selves so they can sleep at night. (Sorry took a dark turn :stuck_out_tongue: )

Edit: So in this book as well, maybe 1/4 of the first part of it talks about how Sweden could have done something more for Finland, but didn’t, thus Finland was left to face the super power Soviet Union alone. At that time, Sweden was the only other country that realistically could have helped in a meaningful way.

3 Likes

It wasn’t meant as criticism, more just thoughts that came to mind. I’m into politics etc. so I have good friends with radically different world views, it’s nothing new :slight_smile: :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I captured this sunflower - with the sun!:sunflower::sunflower:

2 Likes

Well, the Bible IS a book to humanity… It showcases the human heart and how evil it can get. A lot of the stories in there might seem weird because we live in the 21st century and may have lost context, but the truth behind it always stays the same: the human condition has never changed. The Bible isn’t a book of fairytales or something to make you feel good. I like that it stays real and records both the mistakes as well as achievements of the people in it. It just shows how God loves and wants a relationship with ordinary, flawed humans like us.
I love reading others’ opinions, too!^^

3 Likes

Historically speaking, the stories in the bible, are often, though not always, based on something that happened. But that the histories, essentially became stories. We know much more now about the world than we knew before. We also know that the bible is relatively resent, historically speaking, because most of the stories are during the end of, or post the bronze age collapse and they took centuries to compile, during which time it’s believed many stories etc. changed. Take David and Goliath, it might have happened, but Goliath grew with each telling, and this might have been an isolated incident, now told as an earth chattering event. We also know who the Philistines where, aka Palestinians, they where from Greece, specifically Crete. They probably came to the area after it was depopulated due to the ravages of the Bronze age collapse, same as the Israelites btw (though how for the Israelites is debated). Noas Ark seem to be a well known tale circulating in the area in many forms and originating in Sumeria. The Exodus MIGHT be one take on the same event described threw Egyptian historical records as the Egyptians ‘liberating’ themselves of their Hyksos (look them up on wiki if interested) oppressors. (so if true, this means what would later become the Israelites, did some bad shit to the Egyptians before being thrown out) etc etc etc, I could go on.

As to stuff making one sick reading, yes, there’s plenty of such things, reason why I only got threw 1/3 of the bible, most of those stories are in the old testament, but there’s also Jesus being sickening.

1 Like

@mattlock and @angelight313_168 and @vivi_1485
You are all aware of the guidelines here, if you want to further go into detail about the bibles content, why don’t you create your own topic or make it a private conversation. As you all know too well, things can go out of hand when religion comes into play, so I beg you, chose your words carefully. This is not this topics theme.
Thank you!

2 Likes

There’s the hammer. As if I didn’t chose my words. Fine, I’ll shut off my critical thinking for a moment :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for the reminder!^^ I apologize.

1 Like

It is not about critical thinking, it is about the place where you do it …
Read the title of this thread and why I created it and then think, then you can still think that I am petty. I am sorry, I have seen too much of censoring by Viki and I don’t like it. I have seen too many people being hurt because of their religion and what comes with it. I just don’t want to see it anymore. @angelight313_168 might be able to tell you how it is when your conversations are getting deleted by Viki, it is not a good feeling at all.

3 Likes

No need to apologize, I am maybe oversensitive when it comes to the topic of religion, maybe call me “once bitten twice shy”.

2 Likes

As I stated before, way up in this chain, intellectually stimulating conversations are a highlight of my day.

Never called you petty. :slight_smile:

And I would appreciate if ppl stop talking to me like I’m a child who doesn’t know how things can turn out. It’s not my first rodeo.
I simply disagree in the manner of dealing with such situation (and yes no need to again mansplain that I don’t know bla bla, heard that also before).

1 Like