The highlight of your day

They certainly will. I keep my fingers crossed for you :slight_smile::slight_smile:

2 Likes

Pedicure - Like a 2 hour one - and not expensive at ALL - Aw, if I could just have a foot massage everyday!!! Toes are French manicure with purple stripe :purple_heart:

5 Likes

someone really likes purple! :joy:

3 Likes

Oh I forgot - today at the gym - I am 5’1" and not very strong.

I dead lifted 90 lbs! Not long but I did it!!! Yippie Me! :purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

My hair is purple yep I am purple!!!

5 Likes

Kdrama, you are taller than me!! four foot 11 1/2 inches so be proud!! hehehehe and the doctor wouldn’t give me that 1/2 inch!! and the fireflies, beautiful to watch!

3 Likes

I finally went out! My dad works in another state so we flew over to visit him… I honestly felt like a kid in a candy store at the airport :sweat_smile: I was in a public space after such a loong time… I walked all over the place looking at every single thing there was to look at!
I’m volunteering on a Chinese drama about the airport, so I’m looking at everything through new eyes :sweat_smile:
I was honestly so in awe of the way you have to scan your boarding pass and the little doors pop open :joy::joy: I really felt like a little kid again.

8 Likes

Hehe, must be a strange experience :blush:
Glad to hear you had such fun

4 Likes

Got my first shot of Pfizer today… hurray! It was already done before I really noticed which is good. Now I have a sore arm, I feel really tired and a slight headache. Cleaning up my Viki inbox can wait.

7 Likes

Awww I wish I could volunteer as your secretary :sweat_smile: Get well soon! Fighting! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Rest well and stay safe^^

4 Likes

My daughter got Pfizer and my boys and I got Moderna. For both, the second shot is the one that will knock you out. I had a bit of chill and body ache and sore arm, but we all suffered a massive headache. The symptoms usually last about 2 days so be prepared.

7 Likes

I always get a sore arm which lasts for a day sometimes 2 afterI get my travel vaccinations. But not so painful as Pfizer, I did a few naps during the day but still feel tired. My dad also has Pfizer, no issues. A co worker of at my mom’s work had to call in sick for a day as she had a fever and such.

5 Likes

I like saving animals! I just pulled a turtle out of the street. Last year we had a HUGE SNAPPING tortoise in our yard because of a pool going in down the street - obviously he got up rooted - I had to call wildlife control.

This little guy today looked so DIRTY and someone is tearing up their yard! I bet he got displaced! I tried to convince him to take up in another area near!

Believe it or not you should NEVER remove a turtle from within a mile or where they live - it will make them try to find their home for the rest of their lives. So NOPE I didn’t grab him and take him to the pond just walked him up in the yard so he wouldn’t get hit.

6 Likes

You did great!! Kdrama, awesome! and you are right about not displacing the turtle.

3 Likes

I saw this - this morning!

3 Likes

Love them!!

2 Likes

image20210626_135551930

Sitting and reading a new, hopefully good, book. About our dear rival, Sweden, during the WW2. It’s 32-33c outside, but it feels like 23 due to the breeze. I can here 4-5 different birds singing around me. Feels kinda nice, makes the heat a bit more tollerable. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Please don’t mind me meddling.
In most North-European languages, “god” is the word for “good”.

4 Likes

It’s not that god, God = gud, good = god, eng - sv.

4 Likes

Yep, plus the likelihood that I would read a book about the English god is quite low, unless strictly historically relevant or similar. Otherwise the picture might have been of me burning the book instead of reading it :stuck_out_tongue:. This is due to historical reasons, everything done in the name of a or several gods, too often, when reading history, I read of horrible apparently bad word some ideological, cultural, religious etc. group has done to another, not only that, but how the current descendants of those are currently living amazing lives because of it. It’s amazing what humans do to each other, how others with power to stop it don’t and how all those ppl rationalize it to them selves so they can sleep at night. (Sorry took a dark turn :stuck_out_tongue: )

Edit: So in this book as well, maybe 1/4 of the first part of it talks about how Sweden could have done something more for Finland, but didn’t, thus Finland was left to face the super power Soviet Union alone. At that time, Sweden was the only other country that realistically could have helped in a meaningful way.

3 Likes

It wasn’t meant as criticism, more just thoughts that came to mind. I’m into politics etc. so I have good friends with radically different world views, it’s nothing new :slight_smile: :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like