[Viki Community] January 2022 Updates

Hello! We hope you all had a safe and happy new year!

✨ SITE UPDATES

Archived Contributions Update:

Please note that as part of the continued Contribution Count System improvements that we first shared in June here, the “snapshot” view of contributions before June 2021 will be archived soon. In other words, video-related information on your profile’s Project Contributions page will only display for contributions after June 2021. Rest assured this does NOT mean your past contributions before that will be removed!

Contributions on and after June 2021 (when the improved contribution count system launched) will continue to be logged and displayed regularly on Recent Contributions.

🎁 QC GIFT 2021

All qualifying QCs for 2021 will receive a separate email to their Viki-registered email address (so same email you get emails from Viki). You can expect the email by end of the week, Jan. 23rd. There, you can fill out your mailing address info! Most qualifying recipients can expect their gift to be delivered in February 2021. Please note that the form closes February 4.

What to Look For:

Qualifying 2021 QC Gift recipients will receive an email with the subject line: Your QC Gift 2021 from Viki. The sender will be shown as Rakuten Viki via Brilliant. Rest assured, it’s not spam – that’s us! :kissing_heart: The email will open to a page that looks like the one below:

PG1_resize

**Please fill out form in English only to avoid mailing issues. Limit 35 characters (spaces included) for each line on the form.

EDIT: For more info about the QC Gift, you can visit the FAQ article here.

💌 FAREWELL NOTE FROM JESLYN

01_QC_NL_jes_note

Please join us in wishing Jeslyn all the best in the future! As always, you can continue to reach out to Sean and Amy on the Community Team.

40 Likes

You went a year back in time in the title. And I’m surprised I do qualify for the 2021 QC gift but somehow I did. I wish Jeslyn good luck in her future adventures :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Which exact part in the Project Contributions will be erased if it was created before June 2021? See picture below. 1, 2, 3 or all 3 frames?

2 Likes

I thought they meant the other tab where you can see what people have translated last.

4 Likes

That’s how I understood it, except for the contribution of the last 6 months, but it is never wrong to verify as the date when it will happen is vaguely stated.

Ummm… I guess some explanation is needed here.

2 Likes

That would be Recent Contributions.

I’m hoping it was a mistake and they are only talking about that.

Because the alternative is scary.

3 Likes

Oooh, I see. I also hope they were talking about the recent contributions. O_o"

3 Likes

Thank you Jeslyn for all your hard work and your help, really grateful and I wish you the best and as you said ‘keep doing your magic’.

:slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you Yeslyn for all the work you have done for Viki.
Good luck!

2 Likes

thanks a lot and take care !!! :palms_up_together:t4::purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart:

1 Like

Thank you Jeslyn for all your hard work. And I wish you good luck in your future adventures :heart::tada::poland:

2 Likes

Hi @bozoli,

Great question, thank you fro asking and happy to clarify!

Frame 3 will be removed. Frame 1 and 2 will remain.

Best,
Viki Community Team

5 Likes

Hi, I became a QC in Nov., 2021, but I didn’t get any email about QC gift. Shouldn’t I get the email? Thanks.

1 Like

Hi @napalkkot,

Thanks for your message! If you could please submit a Help Center request here. A member of the Community Team will be able to look into this to further assist you. Thank you!

Best,
Viki Community Team

3 Likes

Why are you removing something useful? There are so many changes that could be done to make this site better, but why do we only get those that make our experience worse?
What is the reason for deleting that? For me it’s a really useful feature, I just don’t understand.

8 Likes

They did a survey a while ago, asking about it… i said it’s useful, but maybe the majority said it wasn’t

6 Likes

They did? I can’t recall it. When was it? Mybe it was befor I started to volunteer.

3 Likes

Yeah, I also don’t remeber that, but maybe it just went under my radar? Do you maybe remeber where the survey was or something like that?

2 Likes

It was sent on July 24 last year

@zyxw
@someofliz

6 Likes