[Viki Community] New Moderator Roles Requirements

yes, some weeks ago @zyxw

1 Like

Same here.

The movie was translated fully. Lost its licence. And now it stands in my unfinished project list without any of my contributions. This actually makes no sense.

6 Likes

right it’s not our fault and definitely doesn’t makes any sense.
When everything, we once translated, appears on the dashboard after loosing it’s license we soon can’t apply anywhere.

6 Likes

Where??? :frowning:

1 Like

Per mail came on in

I sent you notes in the comments of these three, earlier today. I hope you find them appealing for the CM position. :wink::+1:t5:The first is awaiting it’s license, everyone, :wink: please submit the license request form.

1 Like

I missed it, too. I saw it a week after they had sent it and then they had already closed it. :cry:

2 Likes

Oh no :frowning: I wanted to respond to it, but I didn’t notice it at that time :frowning:

1 Like

I am in the same situation😤

4 Likes

Same for me. Fully translated ages ago and now without license and come back to life with zero subs. I’m blocked :weary:

4 Likes

Me too… I’m unmotivated to proceed…

3 Likes

Same here…

1 Like

The movie was taken down from my dashboard ^__

1 Like

Those new rules are messing our contribution. I also don’t understand because I have one dramas where I’m moderator. This drama get his license on Viki but it’s still not airing. It’s been more than a year that the drama is here like the wind and I understand that it’s not on air because the airing date it’s not announce in China. But this show block my number of moderator roles. Viki was saying that the moderator role starts when episodes are online, but there are any ! I’m fed up of those nonsense things happening because of those new rules. Viki, please fix those issues ! Don’t be surprised that some dramas will have no moderator in some languages because we are not so many and we are blocked for useless reasons.

5 Likes

I was a Co-Moderator of a Kdrama to guide a new Moderator 6 years ago… when the system now changed and it shows my Mod roles on dashboard I just found out. I contacted the CM which is not active as I have never received an reply. Upon that I filed a ticket on May 31st, since then Viki has not made any approach to remove me… just sitting duck!
I posted a comment to read my ticket in the community help center since Viki staff seems to frequent more often there… I received an reply that they will take care of it…

@vikicommunity @giant_sean, @amm11, @amyk It’s been 1 month and 1 week since I requested the removal of my co-mod position, it cannot be that difficult, or is it? I feel utterly ignored!
The main German Mod of Gye Baek is not even able to access the drama since it’s geo locked, not available in her country. - This is my last resort to receive a resolution! Thank you :pray::pray::pray:

Also I’m Mod of a Chinese drama that has not been released since over 12 months yet it has taken a placeholder… this is somehow illdone since there are no episodes, yet the position is used!!! This needs to be also solved differently!

6 Likes

Thank you for thinking of me. :kissing_heart:

Unfortunately, I can’t and won’t take on new channels until Viki acts or reacts, and fixes the glitches or problems encountered thus far. Like many here, I’ve sent a request for help (regarding the New Mod rules, via a ticket) on May 17, 2022 and am still waiting for something to be done, or at least an acknowledgement that something will be done. Nothing so far. :tired_face:

As for channels that lost their licenses and were taken down, some of those channels taken down also took down the contributions of volunteers. In this, I feel for all of you who’ve been affected, like I was. I’ve had that happen to several of my completed projects (since several years ago! I know I was not the only one affected too). I believe it was during the Great Deletion. I’ve informed Viki but heard nothing back. So I just shrugged it off as another glitch or problem waiting to be fixed.

Frustrated? Of course.
Unfair? Certainly.
What else can volunteers do? I don’t really know.
Rant here? Perhaps. Better yet, open a ticket for help.
But as can be seen, the effectiveness of ranting and opening a ticket is near zero.

Oh well, wait I will. We have to anyway. :unamused:

@vikicommunity Hear ye, hear ye! Hear ye?

7 Likes

REMOVE ONESELF OPTION

Wouldn’t it be much faster to have an automatic ‘remove oneself’ option as a subtitler, segmenter, moderator and editor from a project?

It would be less time consuming for the viki staff and for us too!:smiley: I am sure this issue of removing members from a team when the manager is not active will be solved.

And of course, when someone opts to leave an automatic message is generated and sent to the manager of the channel explaining the reason why that person is opting to leave the team.

I do hope that option is offered somehow. :v:

6 Likes

Yes, for sure. I suggested it almost immediately after they implemented the new rule for the Moderators, seeing how a lot of my unfinished projects were very old and the CMs were unavailable.

6 Likes

I don’t like that. It’s an easy way out of responsibility. Don’t think everyone is like you, a responsible person; think of all those subbers who say “yes, yes, okay, I’ll be there” and then never appear, and don’t even write to say they cannot.
It should be visible to all that they have requested/accepted to be on a team and then they have made ZERO subs.
Or the lazy editors/moderators, who have like only 100 subs for a finished drama.
Yes, if they remove themselves from the project having done more than zero contributions, whatever contribution they made, even 2-3 subs, will still be visible, the project will be there on their page, and they will look like abusers. But it’s not the same thing. And if they have zero contributions and remove themselves, then the page will be squeaky clean, no project thumbnail, nothing to show of their wrongdoing. Nobody will know.

Once, at the end of a project, I used to remove subbers who hadn’t been active, or did less than 50 subs (for a 16-episode k-drama that’s less than one part!) without writing to the mod to say that for some reason they cannot participate after all. But now I don’t do that anymore. I take them out of the credits, out of the cover page, but I leave them on the team, for all the world to see on their project page that they are not to be trusted and asked in a project again.
With your button, once my project starts, my editor receives an offer for another project that she likes more, so she dumps mine to free a slot and jumps to the other one. Hey, no, girl, you’re not going to do this!
Like getting a divorce by saying three times a magic formula, and without paying for the kids’ upbringing.

Yes, in some cases the person might have a serious reason, health or otherwise, so one shouldn’t judge by what s/he did on one project or two or three. But you can obviously see when this becomes a pattern!

On the other hand, inactive CMs are indeed a problem, so Viki should be much more proactive and prompt to look at requests and do the job of mod removal/CM substitution when needed. If you pester them a lot, they will, but nowadays they can be very slow.

3 Likes

She’s not obligated to stick around for the whole project. You’d at least know the person’s true colors. They could still abandon volunteering for the project, without switching. Seems better that they enjoy volunteering than not.

That’s a dream. I’m sure viki’s wait time is worse than ever. At least with voluntary resignation, there is a better accuracy of who is actually on the team. Also, I think automatic removal from the team, after a few months of inactivity and the project isn’t 90%+ in the relevant language seems fair.

1 Like