[Viki Community] New Moderator Roles Requirements

It is fair, but, again, if all wrongdoings are erased from view, one cannot see that the person leaves projects undone by just looking at their profile. Remember that Vietnamese mod who took ALL the dramas, and only did the first episode of each, like a compulsive Casanova?
Of course you can just see a project and the number of subs without the role, and you might guess what’s happened. But if it’s zero subs, I think the project thumbnail and title won’t show at all. So the profile page is squeaky clean!
Not to mention projects which are left half-done because of the English team not finding an editor or something like that, and it’s not the fault of the language moderators at all. Why should they automatically be removed? Maybe slowly-slowly a person will be found and everyone will be able to advance.
(This happened to us with Tree With Deep Roots. We were desperately searching for a Translation Editor, but we only found one after almost a year. She’s one of the very best in sageuks, but she’s extremely busy with other projects, so she made it clear since the beginning that she will have a slow pace. Therefore we haven’t even messaged the other languages to start, waiting that at least half of the drama is edited before doing so, otherwise they would catch up too quickly and then be impatient.)

1 Like

It’s not fair at all, a way too one-size-fits-all solution. The subber might be in a coma for all we know.

If there are 0 subs because they didn’t do anything, then the thumbnail and title won’t show at all after they have been removed. If there are 0 subs because their subs were deleted, then it shows as a project where they have no role and made 0 subs.

1 Like

Yes, that’s exactly what I said. That if they are removed from the team, there will be no trace of their bad behaviour. And that’s why I don’t remove them.

1 Like

Yes, but what I’m saying is that there is a difference in the way it shows when their subs have been deleted. So anyone who ever made as much as 1 sub/segment will forever have the show in their list, whether they are still in the team or not.

I have almost the same problem, I had finished the project. He’s not even available on viki anymore.
I’ve done everything, it appears and disappears in my slot, it’s like a ghost!

This bothers me because at the same time, when they try to add me as a moderator, they can’t, and after an hour has passed, and they try to add me again, then they succeed!

I’ve already sent a message to viki asking them to see what’s going on and they say they’ll fix it, but so far they haven’t done anything! They ignore the problem.:tipping_hand_woman:t2:

2 Likes

Their wrongdoings shouldn’t be erased. On the profile next to the previous role it should show: removed by mod/CM, removed due to inactivity, or removed due to abuse (temporary stop measure before they’re banned). There should be a tally of number of projects a user has resigned or has been removed for efficiency.

A comatose person’s worry shouldn’t be being removed from a voluntary position. They can always be added back.

1 Like

And what if they were removed wrongfully?

It certainly shows disrespect to remove them without at least some attempt to let them explain.

1 Like

Currently, a subber or mod can be removed wrongfully. They’d have to take it up with the staff or CM either way.

The subber can be removed by a mod and the mod by the CM. Both can be unfair.

And this certainly goes against community guidelines.

1 Like

mirjam_465
And this certainly goes against community guidelines.

Whoever is in charge of these added Community Guidelines they are clueless, and the CEO/Owners need to pay attention to all this new rules and guidelines, and see what LAWS they are breaking since some of them are unconstitutional, and in my opinion they are bias.

Some of these guidelines/rules/ only benefit a group of people that love to stay in control of everything that goes on in here. From the get go; who doesn’t know that’s going on in here? The fact that nothing hasn’t changed much proves the control some exercise in here, and that is why all this rules are so contradicting and conflicting to many that are trying so hard to do their volunteer work in harmony and fairly for all alike.

It’s a mess. I can believe I’m writing ONCE AGAIN a post about volunteers who exceed the moderation slot! There is a person on PT Community with over 6 projects at the same time, 2-3 CMs and is the editor for over 5 dramas (the editor in these channels are literally Moderators. They act all alone!!!)
I’m done being considerate and just watch this thing happen over and over and over again! Every new channel this volunteer get a role in it (Most in charge of PT language - Moderation).

I completely understand that a volunteer can be a subber and an editor at many channels; this person just needs to conciliate everything! - But using the All Language Moderator position to archieve your own goal of being in a channel, and most of the time just want the number and forget about the drama/movie???
What kind of volunteer is that?

I’m not someone who always complain about what people do, I mind my own business. But this time, it’s getting a sick game and I’m not cool seeing this. (Taking the opportunity of someone who can really do better or equal to this person.) - The same goes to the CM thing!!!

I hope to receive at least a private message asking the details or something like that.
I won’t be bothering anyone with this anymore; I’ll be just ignoring it and try not to be part of this :skull_and_crossbones:
It gives me bad feelings.

Thank you for reading, at least.
Maga🌸

2 Likes

Are those projects with pre-subs in Portuguese, or did they come without? I think the restriction for moderation is “obsolete” with the pre-subs. With that I don’t mean, that we shouldn’t try to keep an eye on fair distribution and trying to avoid appointing the same person on more than five “unfinished” shows, which in the case of pre-subs would mean, they have to be fully edited. But here comes the problem for CMs, I don’t know Portuguese plus I do not keep track, which show comes with pre-subs for Portuguese. So it’s really hard to detect if a show was fully edited.

3 Likes

That’s the point!

With this stupid pre-sub thing, every PT moderator can get away with it and have more than 5 projects on going!!! This person has this situation plus a project that needs to be subtitled, and also has CM!!!
How is that even fair? This means a person can have 10 pre-subbed projects, edit it without worrying about time and it doesn’t even count as - 1 slot. I’m pretty done with it.
I, with all due respect, don’t care about 100k-500k subs, but this is being a very decisive point when choosing your moderator.

Anyway… now, VIKI will solve it by your own. I won’t be playing this unfair game.
I’m very disappointed, very disappointed!

4 Likes