[Viki Community Team] March 2024 Updates

day-of-happiness1
Fun fact: Did you know that March 20th is the International Day of Happiness? We encourage you to share a nugget of happiness with your fellow Contributors, friends, and family today (and every day)!

:cherry_blossom: Spring-a-thon 2024

spring-a-thon-faq-image

Get ready everyone! Spring-a-thon 2024 starts Friday, March 22nd @ 00:00 UTC and ends Monday, April 8th @ 23:59 UTC! (Convert to your local time zone here.)

Don’t forget to RSVP! And find more details on how to earn a new Blobby with Cherry Blossoms badge on the FAQ page. :cherry_blossom:

:arrow_forward: RSVP here
:arrow_forward: FAQ Page
:arrow_forward: Spring-a-thon Details

Live Spring Trivia Event

Thank you to everyone who submitted a drama-specific question for our next trivia event! We received over 60 questions and it was challenging to narrow them down to just 10!

Our third live trivia event happens Thursday, March 21st @ 10:00 AM PDT, right before Spring-a-thon!

Check out our Discussions post for the Zoom invite link and more details.

New NSSA Discussions Category

Have you noticed the new “Ninja Academy – NSSA” category that was recently launched in Discussions? Follow this category to stay up to date on the latest news and information about Ninja Academy, including the newest language subtitle academies that will be opening soon!

Contributor Spotlight

We’d like to shine our spotlight on a Gold QC who has been a positive presence in Discussions with her insightful and supportive comments. Please meet kristelrose!

A bit about Kristel:

Kristel is a Swedish Moderator and Subtitler who made her first contribution in July of 2023 on the drama Sh**ting Stars. She lives in Sweden, and describes herself as “a curious person with a passion for learning anything, from culture and languages to general knowledge. If I’m not spending my free time subtitling, I’m either watching dramas, gaming, or reading books.”

Read on to learn more about Kristel, her hottest drama recommendations, and which Asian drama star she would swap places with if she could!

kristelrose

kristelrose

1. If you could sum up your Viki Contributor journey in 5 words, what would they be?
    Fun, Inspiring, Enriching, Instructive, Exciting

2. What are some hot titles on Viki that you would recommend?
    Wedding Impossible, Amidst a Snowstorm of Love, and Live Your Own Life

3. You mentioned Trivia and Seg-Subtember were your first community events! Can you describe what it was like to participate?
    Participating in my first community event was very exciting as I felt a sense of unity among contributors from various language communities. The trivia was extra special because it was an opportunity to interact with contributors in real-time, and even recognize many of them, while testing your drama knowledge. It was also fun to get introduced to the lovely community team members that hosted the event :heart:

4. You’ve achieved Gold QC status. Congratulations!! What advice would you give someone who is just starting out as a Contributor?
    Don’t be afraid to take your time as you learn. The process itself can easily be overwhelming as a new contributor so it’s important to be patient. As a general advice I think it’s good to occasionally remind yourself of the reason why you wanted to start volunteering as a contributor, to not lose sight of some important values.

5. If you could swap places with any Asian drama actor or actress who would it be, and why?
    I would swap places with Park Shin Hye. She has talent and experience in a range of different genres, she’s been in many popular dramas and has worked alongside several talented actors and actresses that I would love to meet! If the swap is a full body swap, it is also a big plus that she is very beautiful :wink:

6. You’re from Sweden! If someone was visiting you in Sweden where would you take them / what would you insist that they see or do?
    I’m from the very south of Sweden and one thing I always recommend visitors to experience down here is to take a one-day trip to the island Ven on a beautiful and sunny day. The best way to explore the island is by renting a bike (or even a tandem bike!) as the island is mostly car-free. Having a picnic or enjoying a fika in the beautiful landscapes is delightful.

Here’s to Spring! :cherry_blossom:

24 Likes

giphy

@kristelrose Fighting!

7 Likes

Can’t wait to start this event :slightly_smiling_face::cherry_blossom::white_flower:

6 Likes

It was so fun working with you @kristelrose on Live Your Own Life and I’m looking forward to see what more you do here on Viki. I’m happy that more people get a chance to get to know you better.:heart:

5 Likes

Thank you @dimghro :heartpulse:
@maria_lavendula_77 thank you for always being so supportive! You made Live You Own Life extra special while working on it with you :heart:

Thank you for featuring me in this update post! It was really fun to reflect on my Viki journey thus far :laughing:

Looking forward to the Spring-a-thon and Trivia events! Good luck everyone and happy spring! (or autumn if you are in a southern hemisphere) :cherry_blossom: :leaves:

7 Likes

This is gonna be fun :laughing: Good luck to everyone :smiling_face:

4 Likes

Hi, @kristelrose - you’re amazing!! Thank you for letting us spotlight you and for being so open to answering our spotlight questions! :bouquet:

As @maria_lavendula_77 said, we hope your post lets more Contributors get to know you better! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :rose:

Happy March, everyone! :blossom: :fallen_leaf:

5 Likes

Don’t know where to put this but episode 1 of Wedding Impossible has like a 2 second delay audio issue. Sound doesn’t match characters talking.