Want to subtitle? Let people know!

Anytime :+1:I wished I could progress better with NIF in German, it’s very stagnant. Well you tried your best :two_hearts: La vie est dure :cry:

3 Likes

Hi!, I can translate from English to Spanish! I would love to get involved in the Viki Community. Feel free to contact me at any time. Are there any projects available? Thank You!!!

Hello Chinese - English subbers ! I need help with this drama that we are struggling with please help!!

https://www.viki.com/tv/20797c-the-patriot-yue-fei-chinese-english-subbers-wanted?q=patriot

1 Like

english-spanish there is many projects if you want to contribute writing to @mychaela or @cintya_carolina

Hi. Please let me know if you’re looking for a JPN-EN subber or EN-JPN. Thanks!

You should also add a reply to this thread:
https://discussions.viki.com/t/traductores-al-espanol-disponibles/8279/5

Hi guys.
I just want to tell that you can count on me so, I can translate from English to Spanish :slight_smile:
Please let me know if you guys have some projects :slight_smile:
Regards.
https://www.viki.com/users/kmdzhn09

There is a thread especially for Spanish, called Traductores al Español - Disponibles. See the link above. You might want to leave a reply there, so that the creator of the thread can see it.

Hi!

I am able to translate from English -> Swedish and am all ready to hop on a project.

Hi! i would like to help with English- Spanish subtitle :blush:

Hello, i m looking for some sci-fi/fanstatic series to translate from english to french.
I have already done few translations for VIKI.

Please contact me.
CU.

Hi everyone,
I`d like to help subtitle English-German/German-English :smile: I could try Japanese-English as well…
Thank you!!

1 Like

Boa noite meu nome e Verlaine sou brasileira e moro em Curitiba adoro assistir os doramas coreanos mas tenho observado que existem muitos poucos legendados em portugues e por falta de pessoal? Fiz o cadastro e sou cliente associado mas não consigo ver os doramas que amo me sinto frustrada pois o Drama Freever acontece o mesmo.Qual o motivo ???

Hi, i can help subtitle from english to german.

@hallpa I sent you a PM, check your vikimail box,
best, Simi

Hey there,
I would love to help with the English to Persian(Farsi) subtitles.
Cheers!

1 Like

Hiya,
I can help with subtitles English to Indonesian

Cheers,

Hi,

I’m looking for Romanian Subbers to help with translating a Chinese Drama: We Love You, Mr.Jin.
https://www.viki.com/tv/23647c-we-love-you-mr-jin?q=we%20lo

If you are interested or have any questions please PM me.

2 Likes

Hi, sorry i am pretty sure i am in the wrong thread…but i am trying to look for english sub editor…i have done some editing for some chinese dramas and an Spanish drama… looking for more shows to edit english subtitles… please pm …i have viki pass already…

“i” instead of “I”
“an Spanish” instead of “a Spanish”
“english” instead of “English”
Looking for more shows to edit english subtitles – weird syntax
I am trying to look for english sub editor – instead of “I am looking for shows where I can be the English editor”

Sorry but in three short lines you proved that your English is still not what it takes to be an English editor. You might want to work at it a little bit more before continuing to edit anything in that language.
Please don’t be offended. We’ve all been learners once, it’s certainly no crime! But it’s also good to know one’s level, and sometimes other people, because of “politeness”, don’t bother telling us things as they are. What about taking editing jobs in your own language? That is, if you’re sure about your grammar and syntax skills in your own language, because even that is never a given.

I had a look at your subtitles. While your English is not bad per se, you might want to have a look at the Viki subtitle guidelines for punctuation and formatting.

This is one of your subtitles. I couldn’t see the source language, but for some reason you’ve broken this sentence into three lines.

[quote]
Is that so?
You’re saying that I should
Have checked and bought the suit.
[/quote]

We don’t unnecessarily break sentences when there is only one speaker and they are so short.
But when a sentence is interrupted for some reason and then continues, we don’t start the second part with a capital letter

[quote]
-Sorry.
.Sorry.
[/quote]
In dialogues, we have to put dashes and a space before each speaker’s sentence.

[quote]
Also.
it was after you collected yours.
[/quote]

Here you put a full stop (period in American English) after “Also” when probably a comma or ellipsis (three dots) was needed. And of course you should not put a break after only one word.

Here are the Subtitling Guidelines. You may want to have a look

1 Like