Want to subtitle? Let people know!

hi, i’d love to help subtitling dramas from english to pt/br !
olá, sou nova aqui e estou procurando projetos para traduzir do inglês para o português!!

1 Like

I’m a Korean language student and I love everything related to Korea. I would love to help with translation. Feel free to contact me .

1 Like

Heyy, I would like to try subtitling :slight_smile:
I am a native German speaker and pretty much fluent in English, so I could help out with translating from English to German. LMK if there are any projects in need for help ^^

Hello! I can do subtitles for dramas by translating English to Telugu and worked on some projects too, if you want Telugu subtitles, please reach out to me, Thank you.

1 Like

Hello,

I would love to help and contribute to translation!
I translate from Japanese to French or English, or from English to French.

Please message me if I can be of any help to your team :slight_smile:

You may want to go to these posts too:

1 Like

hi, i would like to translate english subtitles into french subtitles ! It’s my first time, can comeone recommend me some projects ?

I am looking to subtitle from Korean to English. I don’t know how to go about Viki as a volunteer. Could someone help me out?

I can translate english into german and turkish. Let me know if your team needs help:)

1 Like

You may want to check this useful post by piranna.

and my advice to the original poster on how to find a project here:

thank you !

2 Likes

Hi everyone!
I’m volunteering to sub eng-ptbr chinese dramas, also to practice mandarim that I’ve been studying since last year. Huge fan of wuxia and xianxia - who isn’t?, Dilraba Dilmurat, Ni Ni, Vic Zhou, Mark Chao and Yang Mi.
I have no sub projects by now, so I’m free to start anytime.

happy to be part of this team!

1 Like

i would like to help translating Chinese Drama into English. Please tell me which project needs subtitler.

legendo já algum tempo, porem dei uma parada devido a alguns problemas pessoais, quero voltar a ativa, posso legendar inglês/português…
Se alguém estiver precisando de gente na equipe pode me chamar.
Desde já muito obrigada!

If you go to Explore and choose “China” and “drama”, you will see all of them. You have to put your subtitle language to English (it should be thus by default, if you haven’t changed it), and look at which are yet incomplete. Don’t bother with those that are almost done, pick some that are still halfway. And I advise you to not ask for the ones currently airing, because they may have stringent deadlines. For the others, look at the Team tab and write to one of the English moderators. If there is a cover page (that long colourful picture under the team names, which details all the roles of the team members), look there as well. Because some people are made English moderators only because they have to be able to open and close the episodes, but they are not really in charge of recruiting the translators: the person could just be a cover page maker, or a chief segmenter, or a Chinese captioner. Write to them and ask whether they need help on this or any other project. In English AND in Chinese, so that they can immediately see how well you know both languages. State your skills clearly, and don’t forget to state whether you have a vikipass or not.
And do populate your profile page. A blank page, completely impersonal, is off-putting. A few words about you, the languages you know, the kind of dramas you enjoy and some nice pictures or gifs that you can find from the web. It’s best to download them to your pc and upload them to the Viki server instead of just linking to their address, because if you link to them and then they are removed from their website, they will disappear from here as well. Be sure that they are not over 400k.

1 Like

Hello,
I am looking for a project to do subtitling from English to Hindi.

Contact hindi moderator of Luca the beginning she might need help.

1 Like

I can translate Korean subtitles into Chinese or Chinese subtitles into Korean. Please contact me if you need any help.

Hi,
I can translate from English to German and also from English/German to Macedonian.
I’m not sure how good i can use Macedonian even tho its my mothertongue.
See ya