Want to subtitle? Let people know!

Hello, I’m looking for projects in English to Greek.
Please let me know if you’re interested to work with me :grinning:

3 Likes

Hola! Si buscan traductores de inglés a español, estoy disponible! pueden avisarme <3

2 Likes

Hi!

I’d like to translate from English to Korean.

Thank you!
Lovelyfluff

3 Likes

Hello,

I like to translate from English to Hausa.

I am available :100:

Best
Adizahanddrama

2 Likes

Hello, is there currently any demand for JP → EN subtitlers, or demand for adding more JP subtitles to Japanese shows that don’t have them? (eg to support people learning Japanese).
Would be happy to work on either.

3 Likes

New and returning volunteers in January and February 2024

To all new or returning contributors who are planing to post in this topic:

1. It is important that you post your Viki profile, as well. Otherwise we can’t sometimes find it manually. And that makes it hard for Moderators to contact you and offer you projects.
  2. Try not to change your Viki username for the time being.
  3. Consider joining a user-based D.i.s.c.o.r.d server VIKI Contributor Community where it’s easier for the experienced Viki volunteers to help you, newbies, out: VIKI Contributor Community

Catalan
silvyala87
jaume_p_1_1_109

Dutch
thompiers
happygoluckywookie

Finnish
watch2muchtv

French
loupdesneiges01_650
cmccktk_372
ilangeeranaksana_525

Greek
vicky_daebak

Italian
giow
enhyx

Polish
tricia6869_125
chiminie95

Portuguese
lyvia_areias
camiila_lagos
cmccktk_372
fpsventura
xiaovfire
giovannawdt_186

Romanian
lixie_dust

Serbian
natastevens_467

Spanish
silvyala87
annettecano
insomh
gri_george
ghosthing

Previous list:
December 2023

8 Likes

Would love a project to do
I prefer doing Korean Thai or simplified Chinese but know other languages

Hi. I am sorry for reading this so late. Here’s my profile link: Watch Korean Dramas, Chinese Dramas and Movies Online | Rakuten Viki

My username is cristy_ph and not the cmteneros anymore. Tagalog subtitling. Thanks.

1 Like

Hi, cristy

I’m afraid I can’t change my post anymore because it’s too old. But it doesn’t matter because publishing your link now will be enough for the potential moderators to see your profile :blush:

Have fun subbing!

@padmalayag

2 Likes

I’m looking for projects who need help to translate english to portuguese, can anyone help me find it?

1 Like

I want to start do subtitle do english to portuguese

1 Like

Did @bozoli retire? :thinking:

1 Like

:joy: Not really. She just got temporarily confused with Discussions embedding every single profile link with a huge frame.

4 Likes

I’m fluent in Japanese & Hindi too and would love to start translating from Japanese to English & I can also write Hindi subtitles (not devangari) cuz whenever I requested to be a Hindi subtitler I got in response that only devangari is needed. There’s even no language called that in the subtitle editor language list on Viki, I don’t understand. Can someone recomend me moderaters that need Hindi subbers and (not devangari).
Same goes for Japanese plz contact me if there is any Japanese show that needs English captions I’m always available :slight_smile:

मुझे सचि हिन्दी बोलना और लिखना दोनों आते हैं लेकिन अबतक कोई मौका नहीं मिल यह साबित करने का

P.S I have been learning both languages since the age of 13. Plz do consider my requests!

2 Likes

Hindi is the language, and devanagari is its script.
Viki lists languages, not scripts. Because each script can be used for many languages. For instance in the list you will find “English”, “French”, “Italian”, “Spanish” and so on, but not “Latin script” (because that script is used for many languages and it would be confusing).

The Devanagari script (देवनागरी, romanized: Devanāgarī) is the official script of Bodo, Dogri, Hindi, Konkani, Maithili, Marathi, Nepali, Sanskrit, Santali[b] and Sindhi[c] languages, 10 of the 22 official languages of the Indian Republic, and also of Nepal. It was developed and in regular use by the 7th century CE and achieved its modern form by 1000 CE. The Devanāgari script, composed of 48 primary characters, including 14 vowels and 34 consonants, is the fourth most widely adopted writing system in the world, being used for over 120 languages.
The orthography of this script reflects the pronunciation of the language.

The Constitution of India says:

The official language of the Union shall be Hindi in Devanagari script. The form of numerals to be used for the official purposes of the Union shall be the international form of Indian numerals.

— Part XVII of the Indian Constitution[18]

Being the official script for Hindi, Devanagari is officially used in the Union Government of India as well as several Indian states where Hindi is recognised as their official language, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jharkhand, Madhya Pradesh, Mizoram, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand, and the Indian union territories of Delhi, Andaman and Nicobar Islands and Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu. Gujarat and West Bengal also officially uses Devanagari as these 2 states recognises Hindi as their additional official languages.

So what other script would you be using, if not that?
Or do you mean that you would write Hindi using the Latin alphabet? LOL.

Latin script

The Latin script (or Roman script) is the sole official script for English language (Indian English), one of the official languages of the Union Government of India as well as many states and union territories of India.
Indian English is a group of English dialects spoken in the Republic of India and among the Indian diaspora. English is used by the Indian government for communication, along with Modern Standard Hindi, as enshrined in the Constitution of India. English is also an official language in seven states and seven union territories of India, and the additional official language in seven other states and one union territory. Furthermore, English is the sole official language of the Indian Judiciary, unless the state governor or legislature mandates the use of a regional language, or if the President of India has given approval for the use of regional languages in courts.

In short: In India, Devanagari script is for Hindi (and many other Indian languages) while Latin script is only for English.
You’ve been learning the language since the age of 13 and you didn’t know that? (Unless 13 is not such a long ago for you)

4 Likes

Ok I understand but let me tell you that when I first started learning Hindi I learned first how to speak it and I have recently mastered how to write it and I’m not 13 I’m 23 :smiling_face:

Whenever I start learning a language I always start from the basics of it and I know that the scrip is called Devangari. Beside Hindi I undersand a bit Gujrati, Marathi and Bengali (but I’m not fluent in them like Hindi which I also can write now)
What I mean by this is that I’m not a beginner in the Hindi language.

I also meant the laptop keybord by my quesion nott just the language bcuz I have for some reason two different keyboards in mine. One for Hindi and one for devangari why is that? It should only be one!

Thank You

2 Likes

For the keyboard question, you have to wait for a Hindi volunteer, they might be able to help.
The only thing that I found on this is:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/how-to-set-up-and-use-indic-phonetic-keyboards-7c4d2e8a-abf2-f200-9866-1a4cead7b127

2 Likes

Thanks for the help :grinning:

2 Likes

So you learned the writing system 10 years after you had started learning the language?

You do seem to be a beginner in the script, which is an essential part of the language.

It might be the same as with the Korean keyboard setting, where you can switch between Hangeul and Latin, even though Hangeul is the only official script for Korean. It’s just a handy way to type something in another script if you need to without having to change your settings.

3 Likes

I’m impressed that you know so many languages. Swedish, Hindi and Japanese. I know a few languages but I only translate in to one and thats the one I speak with ppl everyday. :slight_smile:

1 Like