Want to subtitle? Let people know!

Hello, My name is Trane and I am interested in working as a Subber for whichever team is needing.

I have a basic knowledge of Korean and Spanish

Intermediate of French

Advanced in English as I am an English and American Literature Major.

And I am a native speaker of Portuguese (PT)

Hope to hear from someone soon

감사합나다

1 Like

Καλησπέρα σου έστειλα μήνυμα

Looking for any project to subtitle.
I subtitle from english to portuguese, Thanks!

Hello I’m Chana, I can sub from english into french and from espagnol into french.

Bonjour @nacha_hosmalin36_870

1 Like

Hello!

I would love to help with english to romanian translation!

Solo estas disponible para dramas Chinos o también para shows Coreanos?

Tengo un proyecto, quieres ayudar?

If still interested @lya_schrievle

@lya_schrievle to work on a project to translate

@asiamarks

LOOKING FOR SPANISH SUBBERS SO CONTACT ME AS SOON AS YOU SEE THIS!!! Posted on June 22 so maybe a week. (Resolved!!!)

Hola Gaby: podría ayudarte con el drama coreano, me encanta verlos, la preferencia por dramas chinos es porque estoy estudiando ese idioma. Tendría que saber que drama es a ver si esta disponible para mi país. Espero tu mensaje.

1 Like

Hi, I’m looking for any project to subtitle from english to portuguese. Thank’s!

@lucyv En realidad es un show, se llama “Three Meal a day:Seaside Ranch” Si estas interesada, aquí te dejo mi link para que me mandes mensaje. :slight_smile:

https://www.viki.com/messages/new?username=gabyvtv

Espero tu respuesta ñ.ñ
Gaby

Hi people !

I’m new to this site. I’m a big fan of chinese and korean dramas. I’m looking for a drama to start subtitling from English to French and also segmenting videos.
If anyone has a project to propose to me, I would love to help with passion and dedication.
There is my pseudo name : https://www.viki.com/users/ishana27/overview
Please feel free to contact me. I’m also ready to make friends :slight_smile:

Best regards !
Ishana :slight_smile:

Not sure you can help me here but don’t know where else to ask.

Does Viki allow a General English Subtitle Editor? I watch a lot of kdramas and see a lot of errors with grammar, spelling, unnecessary words, words run together, words left out, and misuse of words.

I would like to be able to correct these, but if not possible, is there a way for me to inform someone so it can be corrected? Currently, I’ve been using the comments during play feature to indicate the problem with a particular subtitle. I see mostly additional unnecessary words, double word use and the absence of necessary words.

However, while recently streaming Coffee Prince on my HDTV through Roku and rewatching with a friend (I usually watch via my computer), a large number of the subtitles in the first 4 episodes have words run together - no space. This makes Viki look bad. DramaFever has Coffee Price without these simple errors.

Anyway, I would like to be able to correct English subtitles while I watch dramas. I have no translation skills and I’m not really interested in segmenting. I would imagine that being a General Editor would not be allowed, but I do have skill with English word use and sentence structure. I did writing for the United States Postal Service for a couple years in their Consumer Affairs department.

Just thought I would ask. I’m retired since 2005 and watch a lot of dramas here and at DF and Netflix. Thanks for reading all this and your time. :smile:

Ed Stoddard
mustangace

An official position of Subtitle Editor does not exist in Viki.
Instead there are English moderators for every show. Their task is it to gather a team to start subbing, explain the subbing rules and make sure everything runs smoothly. It can still happen though that they overlook mistakes.

If you think you are able to help with English editing, you should sent a message to the Channel Manager of the show you want to help with. To convince them, you could provide examples of subs you thought are wrong or could be written better.

Using the comments to warn about mistakes is not a good idea. It would take too much time for moderators to check the comments every time to see what people had to say. Also, mistakes usually get solved later on. And your comment would still be there.
If you see a big mistake, it’s better to send an message to one of the moderators with the episode number and timestamp.

Please also notice that on-air dramas or only recently finished dramas can take some time in getting completely checked.

I hope this helps :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for your response. I do understand about current, on-air dramas. Just thought that since I was watching a lot of kdramas that I could help in correcting subtitles in a more casual way. I understand this is not possible now. I’m not prepared to commit to becoming part of a team for a specific drama. Thanks for your help. :slight_smile:

You can still help a lot. If you send the Chief Editor (username is written on the cover page on the drama’s main page) a p.m. with the list of the errors, so she can correct them.
But you will have to include the timestamp. For instance in this format
00:3:25 I havn’t done it yet. [haven’t]

The lack of spaces is because some apps eliminate the breaks. On the viki website they will be shown normally, so don’t count these as errors.