Want to subtitle? Let people know!

Bonjour @ishana27

Tu peux regarder ici s’il y a des projets à traduire de l’anglais au français (Cdramas et Kdramas) qui t’intéressent (3e onglet) et envoyer un message au modérateur ^.^ https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_j0dyJDbQ7_JVIJX_IZmf6sXiCUH21suhA7ru4fgqY4/edit#gid=0 Bonne chance ! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi,
I am a moderator for “Wanna One Go: Zero Base” and I think we could use a French translator. Just message the French moderator :https://www.viki.com/messages/new?username=gratia12

This is something you usually have to do when wanting to go into a project. You need to contact the moderator. Hope you can join and I hope we can stay in touch :slight_smile:

Gaby :smiley:

1 Like

Est-ce que tu connais des volontaires qui pourront m’aider à traduire sur deux projets à savoir Home Sweet Home et Life Investigation Team ?

Merci.
Shanav

Thank you. I’ll check out.

1 Like

J’ai deux projets à finir si tu veux. L’un est Home Sweet Home et l’autre life investigation.
Merci de m’envoyer un MP si tu veux y participer.

Shanav :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Bonjour,

oui, je veux bien y participer.

Merci :slight_smile:

Hello, I can help with Polish subtitles and segmenting. I’m new but I will do my best. Also, can someone tell me if I can do subtitles if I don’t have vikipass, on the shows that require it?

With regard to the Roku app, it tends to not register the line break function to separate the two person conversations properly. The same drama, viewed on line, will show you the correct formatting generally.

The Roku app is said also to be still being fixed - there have been some major issues. If you wish to get an update on the progress of this app reformation, please contact the Help Center.

Those of us savvy to the Roku issue on such spacing add in spaces.

1 Like

Thanks for the info, however, from my experience with Viki via the Roku app and other kdramas, I haven’t noticed this issue with them. It has only been while streaming Coffee Prince so far. Perhaps this happens more with older kdramas than the newer ones I tend to watch?

I will try watching from my computer, which is my preferred method of streaming. But when I have guests watch with me, I use Roku on my LG 55" HDTV. ONLY Coffee Prince subtitles show many words run together without proper spacing. So, I will stream Coffee Prince on my computer to see if they are fine. I have my suspicion that they will be okay on the computer.

Anyway, thanks for your info about this. :slight_smile:

UPDATE: I don’t see the spacing problem in Coffee Prince when viewed on my computer streaming from Viki using my Chrome browser as I do when streaming through the Viki app used by my Roku player through my HDTV. Hope Viki can get the app for Roku fixed to consistently reflect the proper spacing.

Is there a way to apply for proofreeding English subtitles? I’m watching Legend of Fuyao, and grammar and spelling issues in the subtitles make my eyes bleed.

Hello,
I’m looking for French suber, to help with the K drama “Twinkle Twinkle” (an old drama). Please contact me if you want to give some help !

Hello, I’m looking for help to sub the K drama “Twinkle Twinkle”. If you are interested contact me (even if you just want to help for some episode and not all the drama).

Hello, I’m looking for help to sub the K drama “Twinkle Twinkle”, it’s pretty long so helping with just some episode is okay.

Please note that only episodes 1-7 have been released so far. On that particular drama it seems they are quite behind with the episodes.
If the mistakes are on episodes 8-14, which are subbed but haven’t been edited yet, it’s normal, and they shouldn’t be judged. The Chinese-English translators don’t always know good English, so there are English Editors who check everything after them. The first pass is done by the General Editor and the final pass by the Chief Editor.
If, on the other hand, the mistakes you saw are on the released episodes (fully edited), then you should write to the English Editor (mjkrech) or Chief Editor (kakashiandme) and offer to help. If they don’t respond, then you could write to the Channel manager, but those two are not the kind of people who will ignore such a message.

2 Likes

Biensur, sans problème !

Oh. Is “not released” state of “EN 100%” subbed episodes indicated somewhere? I can’t find anything.

@sira_vorona_182

I currently work as a Dutch mod for Korean drama ‘The man who can’t get married.’ It is kinda hard to translate because a lot of subtitles in English are not written well. Some sentences for example don’t start with capital letters or don’t have full stops at the end and it just doesn’t look good overall. I thought you might be interested in helping out there.
I also already sent a message to the CM to ask about it, but she said because it is an older drama the original subbers probably wouldn’t be interested in improving the subs.

On the top of the cover page, you can see " EPISODES 1- 8 ARE RELEASED FOR ALL LANGUAGES". This means that only the first 8 episodes are fully edited.

1 Like

Hello, I would like to help. I can subtitle from english to french and from english and french to spanish.

1 Like

Bonjour @izolan763_961

2 Likes