Want to subtitle? Let people know!

This post was very helpful BUT:
I, as a Moderator or Chief Editor or CM, would never take for an on-air show a person with zero experience and zero credentials (when I say credentials, I mean past contributions to check for the quality of his/her translations).
I think new users should start from completed shows, where there is no time pressure and there can be an editor behind their back, to gently teach and correct so that they can gain experience. At least 3-4 older shows before tackling on-air.

Then, how to find a project to start with? It is not very easy.
One way is to look in Project Finder and write the moderator. But if you see that it’s been almost completely done with only a little percentage left, it means they don’t need anybody, they already have a team, and are working on it. Sometimes this little percentage just means they haven’t translated the trailers or other clips.
One tip is, if your language is popular (for instance Spanish, Italian, French), not choose the super-popular shows because they will of course already have been completed.
Another way - the best in my opinion - is to look for moderators’ names in cover pages, and write to moderators directly, asking if there is anywhere you can help. Most of them have several projects, a couple of on-air dramas and also some older ones where they are working little by little. You can also state that you’re willing to make a test translation on one part, for them to see your skills.

5 Likes

Hi, I can help, I can sub from English to French?

1 Like

Hi, I can sub from English to French :upside_down_face:

Hi! Can you please send me a message?
https://www.viki.com/messages/new?username=gokuwus_949/ :slight_smile:

Hi, I would like to help in subtitling. I can translate from Korean to English

2 Likes

I would like to start subtitling from English-Spanish or be an editor in those languages.

Hello, I would like to help as an English-Spanish translator. I have some experience, so if you need someone, message me. Thank you!!!:heart:

Hi everyone! Looking to help with Korean to English subs. If anyone needs help please let me know!

2 Likes

You can search these for starters. First find out whether all the episodes are subbed or not, and whether the moderator and or moderator have been active lately. https://discussions.viki.com/t/channels-needing-help-either-in-segmenting-and-subbing-or-only-in-subbing/13427/61

1 Like

Hola. Puedo ayudar a subtitular de inglĂ©s al español, Âżme podrĂ­an recomendar algĂșn proyecto?.

Me gustaría subtitular de inglés a español o ser un editor en esos idiomas.

Hello! I am looking to be a Kor-Eng subber on any project :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello! I I am fluent in English and Russian. i would love to subtitle for some projects from English to Russian.

Hey, I can subtitle from English to French.:grin:

Hello !

I am the French moderator of “Here Comes To Troubles S4”, “Signal du Coeur”, “Holiday Love” and “SKY Castle”. I am looking for English-French translators and editors. If you are interested, please contact me. :slight_smile:

I would very much like to help with subs english for Portuguese in projects of any nationality.

Hiii , I would like to help i can subtitle from english to French and I’m motivate !

Hi!

I’m new and I would like to subtitle from English to French!
Please let me know if you need some help!

Available to translate from English to Finnish ^^

Hello :slight_smile:

I would like to sub from Korean->English or English-> Spanish or English-> German. I appreciate any genre of Drama!
Looking forward to any reply. :slight_smile: