Want to subtitle? Let people know!

I want to start helping with subtitles from Korean to english or english to portuguese or korean to portuguese. I’m still not sure how i can use the platform if anyone needs help I can learn quikly :slight_smile:
Quero começar a ajudar com legendas do coreano para o inglês ou do inglês para o português ou do coreano para o português. Ainda não sei como posso usar a plataforma, se alguém precisar de ajuda, posso aprender rapidamente :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello, I’m looking to join a team / Estoy buscando unirme a un equipo
I can translate from english to spanish and viceversa. Puedo ayudar a traducir de inglés a español y viceversa.
I can also tanslate from french to english and spanish. También puedo traducir de francés a español e inglés.

Thank You
Paulina

i can do arabic to english, and the opposite too.
if you still interested i can help.

1 Like

Hello! I would love to help with subtitles. I can sub from Korean to English.

1 Like

Hi, I can help with subtitles from english into polish.

Please contact Hawra’a. She’s the Arabic moderator for so many projects.
https://www.viki.com/users/hmk_201288_223/overview

Hello! If you need a translator from english to portuguese i can help you!

1 Like

Hi everyone!

If you need a translator from englisch to german, I’m more than welcome to help. I already did some translations for Tamra the Island -Director’s Cut until it got designated :).

1 Like

cześć to może mogłabyś przetłumaczyć ten serial z Fighs break spehere od 9 odcinka do końca jak można

New to this, free to help with any segmenting (does one have to know the lang?) and translations, proficient in Mandarin/Chinese.

Note to people who want to contribute. In order to segment you need to be trained, either through Seg 101 or Ninja Academy. It is not enough to just watch the videos on how to do it. You need to be supervised and have experienced segmenters train you.
If you want to subtitle on any channel, write to the language moderator for your language. If there is no moderator listed, then write to the Channel Manager. For “popular languages” such as Portuguese, Spanish, Romanian, Italian, and French, the team is often filled early – sometimes before the first episode. So it pays to check upcoming, not yet started series, and write before the first broadcast.

5 Likes

That’s often the case with Kdramas but less with Cdramas.

1 Like

German teams are often closed for K-dramas before the series started, even before the license, short C-dramas, too. For longer C-dramas it depends on the cast ^^

do you need segmenting help?

You must first graduate from NSSA or Seg 101 to help out

1 Like

While talking, some French mods happened to told me the number of French subbers who asked subtitling has been decreasing this year.

For ex:

• On popular Kdramas:

Before:
~10-12 different subbers found before/around the broadcasting

Now: /2
~5-6 subbers in total (some of them asked along the way).

1 exception: +10 different subbers for a very romantic popular Kdrama with idols or big stars

• On Cdramas: same trend (sometimes worst for historical: 1 subber or the mod)

Before: ~ 6 different subbers
Now: 1-3 different subbers, including Moderator translating

Now, to begin/continue a drama, the moderator has to subtitle. Not only at the end or at the edition, they got to intervene.
No edition without subtitles, but the most important is the subtitles for viewers in the end.

We thought that it was because of different trends:

• the generations aged and entered college or graduated and are in active life so less time to contribute.
  • easier openings for CMs and moderators positions in general for everyone (Viki staff picking different moderators and CMs), so they turned to this position.
    Like emptying 1 vase (subbing) to fill another one (moderating and managing), but we don’t have a renewal of generations to fill the 1st vase. Once mod or manager, people don’t sub anymore or less when being mod/manager for their overall activity.
  • more restricted access (Viki pass) and less possibilities for dramas ppl are interested in (Kocowa)
    (- change of schools program: in college, less time to relax)

It’s not a good picture, like a desert.

4 Likes

Any Chinese to English subbers can check this thread: plenty of projects needing help. This thread was started by Mahoula, and today I updated it.

4 Likes

I second that^^

1 Like

I feel like we’ve created our own project finder :smile:

2 Likes

hola, me gustaría ayudar a subtitular de ingles a español