Viki

Want to subtitle? Let people know!

It is very difficult to get started here in Vikiland. I would suggest what was suggested to me.
First I would Edit my about me page. Basically BRAGGING to the BEST of your ability about what you feel you would be comfortable doing for a show. You could also put in something like
*********************** EXAMPLE **************************
"I am generally online in viki from 3pm PST to 1am PST 4 days a week I am willing to offer my services 4 days a week for 4 hours faithfully)
1st language Korean 2nd Language English (10 yrs or whatever it is you have) ability
Translate Korean to English
Translate English to Korean
Basic Editing knowledge (highschool, college what have you) so I am confident I could offer my services as Translation Editor
General Editor
Web Page Design

after completing that find Channel Managers here below that need help send them a PM with https://www.viki.com/users/cherry_blossom3/about
So they can see what you have to offer, here is mine
https://www.viki.com/users/tammychecketts_61/about

Go to the project finder https://subber.viki.com/project_finder?render_new_template=1&submit_flag=1&type=subtitle&subtitler_from_language_code=en&subtitler_to_language_code=ko

here is a search result and start with messaging the Channel Manager. Explain that you are new but sincerely wish to become a productive member of our community and you are willing to be tested or whatever they require to give you a break. It would be very beneficial if you are able to do Translation Editing we never have enough of these and they are critical to the process. Also besides becoming a GE for me(I only know English) I signed up for NSSA Segmenting Academy. First comes the sandbox and it is a blast doesn’t take to long but you are able to start raising your contribution numbers and the more you are doing the more serious the Channel Managers will take you and want to help you get going.
Just my “2 cents” oops “50 cents worth” << Inflation

Purtroppo in questo momento non ho un progetto in corso, però ti posso dire due cose riguardo alle procedure. Anzi, ho preparato due documenti proprio per questi casi. Uno è una guida al nuovo subber, e parla appunto di procedure, e l’altro sono le linee guida che uso per i miei gruppi. Certo, altre moderatrici possono volere alcuni dettagli diversamente (come indicare le tabelle e scritte, se con parentesi quadre o tonde, se in corsivo oppure no, roba del genere), però la maggior parte sono cose comunemente accettate su Viki.
Dàcci un’occhiata, e poi vai a cercare un progetto non finito o non ancora cominciato, e scrivi alla moderatrice italiana. Mi raccomando, se vai da Project Finder, non considerare quelli finiti al 90%, perché di solito hanno il team al completo, e stanno per finire, non avrebbero motivo di prendere una persona nuova per completare mezzo episodio.

In bocca al lupo!

Hi tried to use your link https://www.viki.com/users/grigoras_andreea_lor_818/overview just gets a 404 puppy page how about you send me a PM

https://www.viki.com/users/tammychecketts_61/about

@tammychecketts_61

Hi tammy.

I know you are new here, and need help with your project but seeing this ‘‘404 message’’ is a warning that some ‘‘prospected subbers’’ might not be available/reliable. Like I wrote to you in a PM before: going to their profile page gives you an idea on how good they are as subbers or how unreliable/inexperienced etc…they may be. A bit more work in doing researching but it can reassure you as a GE/Moderator/Segmenter/CM that you get the best quality subbers/ seggers etc…in your projects.

I just went to a page and all this person had was … and ♫ ♫ and yet they were counted as subtitle contributions. Wish you the best of luck!

PS. Pilar the Spanish moderator told me DOG STAR TV was not released to Other Language so I haven’t been able to start to sub in Spanish for the show. As soon as they are released she said she will contact me. looking forward to working in DSTV.

Hello everyone!,
I can help translate Korean to English and Chinese to English. please feel free to contact me :slight_smile:

I’m from Manila and I can translate from Tagalog(Filipino) to English if there are any.

Thank you.

Hello! I can subtitle from Chinese to English for any show. Feel free to hmu if u have anything :slight_smile:

Hi! I want to help with subtitle, i’m native in spanish and fluent in english and portuguese contact me if i can be of help! https://www.viki.com/users/sledesma

Hello, I can help subtitle from english to italian :smile:

Hi i can translate English to German

I can translate English - Portuguese or Spanish - Portuguese

Hello :slight_smile: I can translate from English to German :slight_smile:

Hi! I’m a native Finnish speaker with a C1/C2 level in English looking for projects to translate from English to Finnish. I study translation in university and I’d love to get more hands-on experience on AV translation. I’ve studied Mandarin Chinese for a year, but I am not proficient enough to directly translate from Chinese. I know it’s not ideal, but I’m looking forward to hearing from you!

Hello :slight_smile: I can speak German and Turkish fluently. If you need a subber pls let me know!
But just that you know, I am a new subber but I always give my best :hugs:

Hi! I’m a native Korean and proficient English speaker! Have multiple experiences on Kor<->Eng interpretations & translations. I can caption in Korean and subtitle in English for K drama, and also translate Engish -> Korean.

Hi everyone. I am interested in contributing subtitles. I am fluent in English and intermediate in Korean, and I am good at colloquial phrases and cultural references. Thank you.

Helloo, I’m brand new but would love to help with a project. I can subtitle from Korean to English and Korean to German (my Korean is Topik Level 6). Segmenting is also fine with me. Please contact me :blush:

Hi! I’m here trying to find projects to help. I can translate from English to Portuguese :blush:

HI! I’m Chiara, I would like to subtitle from English to Italian or from Spanish to Italian. Thank you so much