Want to subtitle? Let people know!

@iris_2_709 Have you tried PM:ing different Spanish Moderators?

One way is to go to the main page of many shows here at Viki and collect the name of many Spanish moderators. You can find them in two places:

1. if you click the name of the team, it’s a link, it will take you to a page with all the names.
    find%20moderator%20names
  2. If you look at the so called “cover page”, which is just a looooong picture with info on the series, the names of the actors etc, at the end there is a table with the names of all the team members, including the “Other language moderators”. See here:
    find%20moderator%20names%202
    Usually the names are links, they are clickable. But for now you don’t want to click them. Just copy paste the usernames of many Spanish moderators from many shows into a document and save them.

Then go to you inbox, click on “Compose” and on the “To” field, copy paste the names of the moderators, separated by a comma.
moderator1, moderator2, moderator3,
etc.
Underneath write a nice message in Spanish. Not only a couple of lines, but some more, to show your command of the language. Be careful with things like spelling and punctuation. Re-read it carefully. Save it on the same document where you have saved the moderator names, because you’ll want to send it again.
I recommend sending in batches of no more than 5 people. Because if more than one responds and offers you work, you’ll be obliged to say no to some, which will look a bit bad, or you’ll be overwhelmed with more projects than you can handle.
Send to the first 5 and wait for a few days. If none responds, send to the next five. And so on.

I am advising you NOT to ask to be on the team of an upcoming on-air show. No matter how experienced you are, usually a moderator will want to put someone new on an older show, to let them acclimatize and learn the Viki formatting conventions and the moderator’s own way of work. So it’s probable that you’ll be given, at first, a project that you don’t really like that much. It’s been like this for all of us. So be patient, and in a little while, if you’re good, you’ll be able to pick and choose your projects.

Good luck!

4 Likes

Hii! I would like to translate show from English to Hungarian. c:

1 Like

Hi, first I wanna say that I really appreciate the work of all People, who are translating all the Shows and series. To helps These People IÂŽm starting to translate too. I could translate from English to German or the other way around. So if someone Needs help, feel free to contact me. :grinning::wink:

1 Like

Hello! I can translate Korean to English, so if you have any projects please contact me!

1 Like

Hi dear all!
I have a master’s degree in Translation Studies and currently work on my research on fansubbing. I can translate from Chinese (native) to English (C1). Previously I have worked as an English-Chinese subtitler for a while and translated tons of Chinese texts into English during my postgraduate program. If you are looking for a C-E subtitler, please feel free to contact me!

1 Like

Hi! I’d like to help with subs from english to portuguese-BR.
OlĂĄ! Gostaria de ajudar nas legendas de inglĂȘs para portuguĂȘs-BR.
:slight_smile:

Meeee!!! I would love to subtitle too!! I enjoy watching Kdrama in English but I am an Italian native speaker sooo
 I could subtitle from English to Italian if there are any project left :slight_smile:.

Can anyone reccomend any projects or teams?

See my post above: Want to subtitle? Let people know!

Hi, I’m a native English speaker! I can subtitle from Mandarin Chinese into English!

2 Likes

@purple_tea

Hope you see this message and be part of this team. They need volunteers!

=> http://bit.ly/winterbegoniarecruitment

@stitch_troublemaker
Apply here to be part of this team.

=> http://bit.ly/winterbegoniarecruitment

Hi everybody!!
I’d love to sub from english into Italian
Feel free to contact me!:smiley:

eu gostaria de ajudar a traduzir mas nao consigo entrar no video

Thank you, I will check it out! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I want to start do subtitle do english to portuguese, can you help me to find some dramas who need help in this part?

Czeƛć potrzebuję osoby ktĂłra chciaƂaby przetƂumaczyć serial well intended love 2 na język polski juĆŒ bardzo dƂugo czekam :confused:

hi! I’ve looking for a project subbing eng to spanish

Heyy I’m pretty new to this but I’m very motivated :blush: If you need someone to do Subtitles from English to German hit me up^^
Here’s a Link to my Profile: https://www.viki.com/users/miramochi/overview

3 Likes

Kor-Eng subber open to projects! Please send me a message :slight_smile: