Want to subtitle? Let people know!

Hi everyone, I want to translate some projects from English to French. If you have one, I’m here, thank you.

Hey there! I can do Japanese to English subtitle translation. I hold a Master’s in Japanese Translation Studies, a Bachelor’s in Japanese, and have spent time abroad in Japan. I would love to gain more experience!

1 Like

The best way is to look at the Team tab of any recently completed show and search for the names of Japanese moderators. Write to them, asking whether they have any projects that you can join.

2 Likes

Hello! I can translate from English to Thai! I am currently working on 2 projects as a subber.

สวัสดีค่ะ! ฉันสามารถแปลจากภาษาอังกฤษเป็นภาษาไทยได้! ตอนนี้ฉันกำลังทำงานในสองโปรเจ็กต์เป็นผู้บรรยาย

สู้ๆค่ะ!
Cata :two_hearts:

2 Likes

Hi everyone !! I translate from english to french. I’m available 1 or 2 hours per day and more on the week-end. Let me know if you need me and chek on my profil for my sample videos !
Link : lyllia’s profil
See you soon !

New and returning volunteers in March - May 2024

To all new or returning contributors who are planing to post in this topic:

1. It is important that you post your Viki profile, as well. Otherwise we can’t sometimes find it manually. And that makes it hard for Moderators to contact you and offer you projects.
  2. Try not to change your Viki username for the time being.
  3. Short info on how to find your first project and Moderator to work with can be found here.
  4. Consider joining a user-based D.i.s.c.o.r.d server VIKI Contributor Community where it’s easier for the experienced Viki volunteers to help you, newbies, out: VIKI Contributor Community

Arabic
hessashi

Bulgarian
jiwooni (Viki profile unknown)

Chinese
xopriscillaxo
yinggg (Malay)

Danish
lisah2000

Dutch
sansannysan

French
nabi_fr
emy_ru
lau2718
emrys26
burcu69
feynixe
lyllia

German
asian_drama_word_145
crazycatlaura

Hebrew
josh_butler929_915

Hindi
kiarapanchal00_693

Hungarian
asian_drama_word_145

Italian
astroxdrama
jennifer_falgari_329
nameisele

Japanese
angelzlove1
bayleewynne

Korean
newcheese
yeonhee8k_867

Portuguese
letilan1215_948
koalii
miguelmaiacunha (Viki profile unknown)
karina_cervi_oli_819
ana_generoso_562
raquelvboas_pt
incolor
evelyn_martins

Russian
caustic

Slovene
masakocevar36_3

Spanish
miguelmaiacunha (Viki profile unknown)
albadhr_028
maria13j
cpinlop_992

Swedish
josefine_kr

Thai
catalina2108

Urdu
amnamina

*Previous lists* :

2020: Jun | Jul | Aug | Sep | Oct | Nov | Dec

2021: Jan | February | Mar | Apr-May | Jun | Jul | Aug | Sep | Oct | Nov | Dec-Jan

2022: Feb | Mar | Apr-May | Jun | Jul-Aug | Sep-Dec

2023: Jan-Feb | Mar | Apr-Jul | Aug-Sep | Oct-Nov | Dec

2024: Jan-Feb |

9 Likes

Hi, I am a beginner and about two months ago I was accepted as a subtitler for a drama, I was checking almost every day for updates, but every time I looked there was no progress with the subtitling aspect. Just the day they gave out subtitles for an episode I couldn’t check the page due to personal problems and I couldn’t do the translation, so I don’t know if even if you lose subtitles for an episode, they keep you in mind for the next ones, because it’s very frustrating that after waiting so long I couldn’t participate and let my teammates down. Also I don’t know why, but when I receive several messages the page stops working and I can only log in again the next day.

Thank you very much.

Hi, Alba.

Spanish teams have many subbers and the parts are usually distributed on a “first come, first served” basis. I think you were just unlucky with this episode. And I doubt anyone in your team truly feels let down by you.

Consider applying as a subber on other projects/dramas, so that you have more chances to start contributing :slight_smile: Good luck!

1 Like

Hi Alba!

I tell you that it depends on the moderators of the project, some only use the PM of viki for assignments, others use the chatter and others use t-e-l-e-gram, sincerely there are some who use all of them so that the subbers can reach. My co-moderator and I use the PM and t-e-l-e-gram, sometimes assigned parts or parts to whoever arrives, sometimes we even repeat the parts because people do not always arrive.

If you have doubts you can write me.
สู้ๆค่ะ!
Cata :two_hearts:

1 Like

Hi, I’m new here at Discussions and found this post. I’ve been on Viki for a while, but have only watched the dramas so far.
I like how many people volunteer their time and create subtitles. I would also like to start, but don’t know exactly how.
I would like to write German subtitles.

1 Like

Hii! I’d like to volunteer to translate English subtitles to Portuguese. I have experience, both at work and here on viki. I used to be QC Gold but I had to stop translating last year and my status expired. I’m excited to start translating again!

1 Like

Thank youuu so much :slight_smile:

Hi again, I have a problem with subtitling, when I try to do it, it says the video has regional restrictions but the drama is available in my country so I don’t know what is happening.

Thank you :slight_smile:

I forgot the title, but there once was a show that most of us could watch, but only Americans (at least US) could actually work on. This is very exceptional, though.
What also happens sometimes is that some areas get access earlier than others.
And in India, some regions may have access while others don’t.
You’d best talk to your moderator or CM about it.

4 Likes

Hi, I’m new here, my mother tongue is Romanian but i am fluent in English and working towards becoming fluent in Japanese. Can do translation work regarding those languages.

1 Like

@dimghro might be the best person to contact when it comes to Romanian, i wish you good luck in getting started as a subtitler.

3 Likes

@maria_lavendula_77 Thanks for the tag!:wink:

@masterchrome It’s not mandatory but I strongly recommend you to start with the RSA: Formular RSA Waiting for you there! :grinning:

3 Likes

Hi! I can translate from english to french. I have experience here i’m still gold QC. Feel free to contact me if you need help.

Recently I have been applyng for Spanish subtitling teams and even though I have applied very early (like on the day I see the request) I tend to get no response. l don’t know if it is because I don’t have enough experience, I have tried contacting moderator but 1 out of three responded. And I don’t know if it is because they didn’t see the message or they don’t want me in the team, because I see subtitlers being recruited but I am left with no response as to if I am rejected or accepted🥺. Then when it’s too late the say there is no longer space

3 Likes

Hi everyone,
I have been on viki for a long time, especially love c-dramas and k-dramas. :heart_eyes:
I would like to start translating from English to Czech
Please let me know.
Enjoy watching.