Was it an accident or not? Viki, please, do your magic and check it!

Thank you so much for your support :sparkling_heart: :sparkling_heart: :sparkling_heart:

I only hope those who were harassed (my situation might have been only an unfortunate coincidence) stop feeling fear, throw away any learned helplessness, gather their courage + evidence and give it to Viki Staff through Help Center so things finally go back to normal: contributing in a cheerful, respectful and ethic way.

Here we cannot share prints of any personal conversation but, to clarify things when there aren’t any others means, we can do so directly to Viki Staff since they are our managers. :+1:

I hope people start standing up by themselves fighting for justice! ^^ Abusers only can abuse until we face them. :sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart:

3 Likes

Very sad everything you are commenting. It’s a siege that no one should be in. If I remember with the protext in which I worked, this was one of the warnings that my moderator partner gave me, where she warned me that the community being closed, one can be marked if the wrong person does not like you, which I suppose should not be like that, since courage and effort is denoted in the work done and not in the prejudice that someone has about you, Without even giving the opportunity to work with you or opening up to the option of new collaborators.

Harassment really does happen and it demotivates a lot, I suffered it and it is something that I do not wish on anyone because trying to do the best of you but your work is denigrated or debased, either because you do not do the same as others to the letter or because simply your ideas are not accepted when they gave you the opportunity to communicate them and the way of communication becomes a single one via, where your opinions and thoughts become worthless.

Hopefully the Viki community can improve and these practices will be regulated to avoid injustices. As a suggestion, you could suggest that in order to avoid unfair deletions of projects if a moderator or contributor is going to be removed from a project, the person who is going to execute the action is asked to take action.
From that a better traceability about what happened and knowing the reason for the removal. So, too, if it was a situation foThat way, there is better traceability about what happened and knowing the reason for the removal. Also, if it was a situation for which there was a bug in the system, it is easier to know and patch the code that is generating the error.

6 Likes

Hi @_lyla2.

Having been a real (like in real life) victim of bullying myself, I feel your cause very personally.

This is a space that, I assume, we all join out of pleasure and desire to contribute to the community, I mean, we are all volunteers, and therefore it should be a place where we feel comfortable and at ease.

It’s very sad to see these things happen and even sadder to know that it’s VERY DIFFICULT to prove it (in any field), I mean, even in real life, proving that someone is suffering from harassment is very complicated.

No one should feel like they have the right to treat another human being that way, and no person has to tolerate being harassed in any way, either.

Out there, you know like in the real and physical world, sometimes sadly we have to endure a lot of abuse for different reasons (in my case it was in mi workplace) but those experiences take us to a point where we must raise our voices and make a stop along the way, and that is why I love that you address this topic, which is actually a very important matter for mental health.

Thank God, in the few projects that I’ve worked on, I have met wonderful people and moderators who are excellent human beings who I truly admire, because although each one of them has a different way of moderating their projects, they have all been super collaborative, respectful, kind and professional.

Bullying is real, and I don’t doubt that it can happen in virtual environments like this, which is why I give my support to the idea of ​​building a more empathetic and respectful community in Viki (and in general, in all virtual and real life spaces)

I really hope that your case is resolved in the best possible way and that this would become the beginning of better (and more professional) relationships within the community.

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

Thank you very much for your words and support and for exposing this worrisome situation:

You know, I’ve read around here that there are indeed some blacklists and I got to know that there are even people who dares to send messages to other people in order to have X volunteer removed from projects simply because they do not like him/her. Only for that!
Such attitude has no comments.

So, yes!! Your suggestion of traceability is perfect and very easy to be solved with javascript only (I think) ^^

@brendas @vikicommunity **Please, in the name of all of us in this community and very specially for those who suffered abuse, I beg you to please consider @p_vargas_p’s awesome but more important professional and practical idea because that would definitely make things easier for your community management, saving you time and effort plus would be very helpful to avoid abuse. :+1:

With such dialogue box:
No more deleting by mistake because the pop-up dialogue box would open and would ask us if we are sure we want to delete X volunteer and, to make things even simpler, the person would have to indicate the reason before pressing “Delete”.

Then, beacuse the deleted volunteer receives a message knowing what happened, the next step in Viki’s procedure is talking to their Mods./CMs and there would benefit our environment here because your dialogue-box would, de per se, act as a deterrent to those who would love to abuse.

I believe that would be definitely enough to improve things to a better state.

Vargas, that really really is an absolutely marvelous idea to finally solve things and it would benefit both volunteers and Viki staff. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Thank you very very much for everything and… Many Congrats!! :gift_heart: :gift_heart::gift_heart:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Have a super happy weekend!
:sunny: :top:

2 Likes

Sonia, I thank you deeply for sharing your experience, for your support :sparkling_heart: :sparkling_heart: and yes, you’re absolutely right:

That’s precisely why we are all here expressing ourselves: because we dream of and want a better Viki for every single volunteer here.

Thank you a lot!
Have a super top weekend! :sunny: :gift_heart: :cherry_blossom:

1 Like

@brendas @vikicommunity

Hello, again! Dear Brenda and dear Viki community staff ^^
I’ve left @p_vargas_p’s idea on the topic about improving our profile experience since another volunteer already talked about an analogue idea.

I’ll be very busy these couple of weeks due work so I’ll come here, specially, to fulfill my responsibilities/duties as volunteer, so I won’t be able to pay as much attention to this topic as now.

Me, all of us, know that you are an Amazing and Very Professional team that is going to do your Very Best for an improved, fairer and happier Viki volunteering. We believe in you.

Thank You So Much For Everything! :sparkling_heart: :sparkling_heart: :sparkling_heart: :sparkling_heart:
Have a Very Marvelous week! :+1: :top:

1 Like

@brendas @vikicommunity I just saw I misteriously disappeared for the third time.
By checking Team Activities you’ll see I was able to translate the very day I posted this here because my Mod. re-added me due her professionalism and refused to let me go when I wanted to spare her from any possible troubles by leaving the team. So, I won’t tell her again about what happened because she mustn’t suffer from abuse, even though indirectly, as well.

This can’t be a coincidence. Definitely. So, Please, do work on solving such issues because I should have been informed about my removal, who did it and the reason why. Every volunteer here deserves to receive such info plus it would give us the proof of abuse, because it’s abuse when, like me, we acted polite, responsibly and abided by the rules.

Here’s today’s PrintScreen as proof:

Thank you Deeply for your kind attention and for building a better community for each and everyone of us, volunteers.
:sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

I think you should just open a ticket at Viki Help Center. This appears to be a technical glitch related to your profile. It’s not a community-wide issue needing a wider discussion. And so it doesn’t need the attention of the people you just tagged.

Good luck.

6 Likes

Wait, are you referring to all people I just tagged? Why can’t I open a wide discussion regarding abuse for me and my peers?

By the way, I’m not opening a ticket yet because analogue situations happened to my peers and those definitely weren’t a glitch but sheer harassment, plus I’m trying to find a solution to such things. Where is the rule that I might be breaking? I wonder…

We have here gems and also abusers so… Why not expose such things so community can give suggestions for improve this whole community? I’ll stand up for my rights of being respected. It also helps abuse because we are flagged. I was flagged in the past while my haters defamed me, weren’t flagged and even received likes.

Does any professional volunteer want to nurture such community? Of course not.

Anyway, thank you for your kind advice! I’ll delete the tag to Netty right now since it’s not from this topic the other still remains as as sign of respect because it’s from this very topic and that person wanted to help this whole community with his idea and not my person ^^

All the best for you! ^^ :heart:

2 Likes

Just a note for all readers:

I’m keeping prints of all of this topic since it’s serious and it’s not resumed to only my myself. Awareness is needed for brainstorming and solutions to come.

If needed, they are going to be used as proof. I really do hope not.

Thank you!
:heart:

1 Like

Decided to follow your advice and delete this topic so I flagged it ^^ Thanks a Lot! Next post is all within the scope of public discussion while following every rule. :+1:

Have a nice afternoon/evening!^^ :sparkling_heart: :sparkling_heart: :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

I’ve deleted my goodbyes but you Do deserve a special mention, so I’m rewriting them now:

Thank you So Much, all of you, dear supporters. You’re brave and Wonderful! ^^

Thank you, sincerely! ^^

Wish you infinite blessings and happiness ^^

See you around! :sparkling_heart: :sparkling_heart: :sparkling_heart: :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

I totally support you! I hope this can be resolved quickly :heart:

3 Likes

Thank you deeply :sparkling_heart: :sparkling_heart: :sparkling_heart: I also do hope so for everyone of us, Vikians.

Have a Lovely weekend! ^^ :sparkling_heart: :sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

@unique_lady

This post has already been flagged for moderator attention. Are you sure you wish to reply to it? Replies to negative content tend to encourage more negative behavior.

This post has already been flagged for moderator attention. Are you sure you wish to reply to it? Replies to negative content tend to encourage more negative behavior. (in case they delete my encased post since I received a warning that I believe that TOPIC/ all thread will be deleted).

This is what comes out when I was going to reply to this topic. Since when trying to voice the unfair things SOME people are doing here is encouraging a negative behavior? EVERYONE has the right to speak and defend themselves from acts that encourages social injustices (a form of bullying and abuse of power).

TRYING to find justice in ALL kinds of society no matter the race, creed, belief we may have; is only the right thing to do.
Why is it happening so differently here at RakutenViki?

Are we suppose to accept that this worldwide well known company will never look into what’s going on in here and stop this deplorable acts from SOME/many, working here as volunteers/paid subbers?

We have wonderful people here working in harmony and fairness with other volunteers
so tell me… why? Why we can’t get rid of those that are giving Rakuten Viki company a bad image? Those that bully, insult and block good quality working volunteers from participating here?

Why I feel only one side of the story is heard, and the other one (been bullied) has been ignored for such a long time now…why? Can someone answer that for me.

Flagging this TOPIC gives permission from acts of bullying to continue here at Rviki site, and is a shame because all the money in the world can’t compare to be known as a company that advocates justice against any/all acts of bullying, social injustice, and many other factors that goes on in here by people that are abusing the power given to them.

A click/ a Flag in a topic is an unjustifiable act against the rights of all people to defend themselves whether they are black or white/gay or straight/ believer or non-believer.

PS they also flagged and closed
https://discussions.viki.com/t/channel-manager-qualifications/50913/164
Closed on Apr 7

This topic is temporarily closed for at least 4 hours due to a large number of community flags.

They deleted @irmar comment although I had the chance to read it before it was deleted, and she didn’t wrote anything that could justified her comment to be flagged and’‘hidden/deleted.’’

3 Likes

Dear Angel,

I wanted to delete this topic following Bozoli’s advice:

and open another one just focused on solutions and open for wider discussion (as she kindly advised me) because on this topic I wanted to make known abuse is happening plus let community members

But, when I was going to delete it, since it was already flagged, I couldn’t do it, so I also flagged it to have it removed.

All I wanted was to expose abuse suffered by my peers, the weirdness of my situation and very specially: find solutions.

And Yes, I Fully agree with you:

Flagging also helps increasing abuse. There’s a topic also mentioning it: Abuse of forum functions

All is in Viki’s hands now.

I did my very best to build a better Viki.

I only hope they listen to reasoning and run things fairly and impartially.

Thank you So Much for your support! ^^ :sparkling_heart: :sparkling_heart: :sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

Dear supporters,

I hope all of you have been Wonderfully Well! ^^
:sparkling_heart:

I came to give you some feedback since I know most of you don’t have enough time for reading much - so, you can’t be updated regarding everything.

In other topic, I posted this: [Viki Community Team] May 2024 Updates - #27 by _lyla2 Amongst other things, I felt the need to remember them about the very pertinent ideas that were born here because no specific and effective action was perceived yet - the improvements they annouced cannot make sure that some things won’t be repeated. Thus, anwers are needed for the sake of all of this community because what happened yesterday to some, can happen tomorrow to others…

That’s all for the moment.

Let’s keep on waiting and believing in the good will of the Amazing Viki Staff.
:trophy:

Have a Very Happy and Lovely day!^^
:cherry_blossom: :sparkling_heart: