Whatever happened to the 'new QC program'?

So how did segmentors do for mass deletion of segments when there are dots as subtitles ? Maybe it could help others and my team too. Because there are about 500 segments to delete on just 1 episode of 10 minutes :cry:

And how did segmentors do to edit many segments that were not correct but with right subtitles ?

I think @the_dukeā€™s idea is good !

1 Like

You CAN delete segments with subtitles in them if you are the Channel Manager. If the segments are all dots, itā€™s completely possible. But are there subtitles in other languages?
Segmenters can edit segments but without deleting any. Just shift the start and the finish.
If you have to delete a segment to merge it with the next or previous, then you should save the subtitles and add them again later, laboriously copy pasting every one by hand. Or you can give the subtitle file to the moderator of the language and ask them to do the job, with profuse apologies.

How to save subtitles? Thatā€™s another pair of sleeves, if youā€™re interested I can tell you. Itā€™s done with Firefox, using the cache. The languages can be saved one by one.

Or there is a quick way too: Just go to Bulk Translator, choose any two languages you want to save, select all and copy paste on a Word document or something.

2 Likes

I am not a CM but itā€™s good to know a way to delete quickly many segments that are not correct.
How can the CM do in this case ?
No the episode was just released yesterday and before anyone could lock it, the person did the deed in English language. (We canā€™t sub from English > any other languages with only dots xd so no subs in other languages)

So in the case of right subs/wrong segments, the CM has to save right subs using copy/paste or using another method on Firefox. Yes, Iā€™m interested to know, you can mp me so itā€™s more safe ?

At that ā€œNew Language Self-Evaluationā€ can be read that ā€œWeā€™re channeling advanced speakers who have demonstrated a mastery of their respective language to projects as well as to Channel Managers or Language Moderators.ā€

Thus my question:
Who are those ā€œadvanced speakersā€ and what do they do exactly?

And another question to Viki staff:
Donā€™t you plan to filter the old QCs, too? I just bumped into a really bad translator in my own language (and with way too high contribution), but actually I canā€™t do much against her, because only my report is hardly enough to make her stop. I know there are a lot of viewers who donā€™t care about subtitlesā€™ quality, but her subs are really terrible, Iā€™ve never seen worse (itā€™s like a bit fixed up google translation -.-).

2 Likes

You can do something about a lousy translator.
Write a detailed post on how and why, in a way that can be understood by people who donā€™t speak the language. Talk to other people who agree with you and ask for their permission to add their signatures to this letter.
Then send it to all moderators of dramas this person is in. And Channel Managers as well.

Hi. I have a problem. Iā€™m a QC Trainee and I supposed to see programs or Dramas that are not in my region, but I canā€™t see it. So, what can I do?

lately some dramas are region restricted even for QC because the content provider wants it.
Can you mention which drama and which region itā€™s not working for you. Some dramas mention
this in the cover page.

2 Likes

I want to see Moonlight drawn by clouds and I canā€™t fot that reason.

1 Like

I see you are only a QT qualified Trainee, looks to me you cannot enjoy from a full QC benefit like VikiPass access or QC accessā€¦ that is what I think, if you do 500 more subs you can be a full fledged QC and you should be able to watch your favorite drama.
https://blog.viki.com/vikis-qualified-contributor-program-gets-a-brand-new-look-504af499dbd0#.r4lifiq9z

3 Likes

Ok. I understand that. Iā€™ll try to be a QC full and if it works Iā€™ll let you know. Well, Iā€™ll let you know anyway. So, until then.

btw did you check your vikipass under your account setting, click on your right profile icon to see vikipass, if you were a QC you get a coupon, sometimes you have to redeem it, mine is automatically redeemed.
Should you have further issues write to support@viki.zendesk.com and perhaps send a screenshot.

2 Likes

Hi. Itā€™s me again. A few minutes ago, I got the Viki Pass with the QC Full, but It doesnā€™t works. So, what can I do? Maybe, do I have to wait like 1 day or anything like that? Sorry for all this questions. And I checked my account setting and it says that I have the Viki Pass and It talks about a cupon. And ok, thank you for the email. I will do that.

1 Like

@ianna01
congrats to QC, can you do a screen print/shot, if you want you can send me the picvia PM (donā€™t post here if you have a coupon code!!) so I can see if you have a coupon, OR if you do you have one to redeem it, mineā€™s are automatically redeemed for example mine says:

• USD 4.99 /month
    Your next renewal date is on Oct 25, 2016 12:25 AM
    Your redeemed coupon code
    xoxoxox 100% off for 6 months starting from Jul 25, 2016 12:25 AM

if you have just received the coupon perhaps it takes few days till it will be by viki system automatically redeemed, either way, if you donā€™t want to wait contact dhruv_511 (PM on discussions) he is a technician and he should be able to help, if that wonā€™t work send an email to support@viki.zendesk.com or contact Clara directly clara_sweetnara via vikimail.
I hope this helps and good luck :+1:

2 Likes

@ianna01
I think the technician itā€™s rather ā€œarmchairdudeā€ than dhruv_511!! (if you scroll up you will see it)
read more info about VikiPass and QC here:

Perhaps you will find answers here instead of contacting the support people.

2 Likes

Hey !

In case of, I think you have tried to log out/ log in to Viki.

4 Likes

Simi thank you so much for your help. I waited like 1 hour and It worked, so Iā€™m current enjoying my Viki Pass seeing all the videos that I want to see. Well, thatā€™s everything. Again, thank you so much, really. I do not know I would have done without you.

Have a nice rest of the night.

Goodbye.

2 Likes

I waited like 1 hour and It worked. But thank you, anyway.

Goodbye.

1 Like

so happy I could help (hopefully others can read up if they are stuck), and itā€™s indeed that QT do NOT have access to VikiPass.
You must be jumping with joy that itā€™s working ā€œfinallyā€ and you can watch your favorite shows.
It takes a village to raise a child, meaning teamwork :smile_cat:
Have fun and see you around!! :earth_americas:

2 Likes

Hi. Sorry again, but I have other problem. The new program QC says when you get the QC they give you a certificate, but I donā€™t have it.

You should email the Help Center or PM a Viki Staff member. I emailed Viki a few months ago, and I got my certificate.