[Solved] Error: Refreshing the page defaults language to English in Subtitle Editor

Wait. That’s true. I didn’t really pay attention to this, but now that I think about it, it happens to me too. I thought it was “normal”.

It makes sense. Hope they do someone about this.

2 Likes

I’m experiencing the same thing, every time I open a new part of the episode in the subtitle editor, or when I have been away for a moment, hence every refresh, I have to choose Dutch again, because (in the editor) it changes back to English (and in the bulk translation it switches to Afar indeed). For the shows I’m working on, the episodes have already been locked for the English subs, so I quickly notice when the setting changes, but now I have to pay more attention to the settings and this requires more unnecessary clicking. So hopefully this is only temporarily.

3 Likes

Same here! I accidentally subbed in Afar too! Had to re-do the whole thing again. Hopefully it gets fixed soon!

1 Like

By the way, did anyone report this in the support system?

I haven’t yet, because I thought a lot of people would have mentioned it already, but if everyone thinks the same, we might have to wait longer. :slight_smile:

Tomorrow, I probably have time to look into how to report a support ticket.

2 Likes

Very good point. No, I had not. But I have now.

2 Likes

There’s a thread about Subtitle Editor defaulting to a different language here:

Hi everyone,
Is anyone else having this issue with the website? When I am subbing and go to next page ( 1, 2 etc) OR re-load the webpage, the sub window defaults to English - English instead of language I was working on.
This has started happening 2 days ago only… Any suggestions??
Screenshot%202021-08-16%20113253

4 Likes

You mean this problem

@bozoli

1 Like

Aha! so I am not going crazy! phew :slight_smile:
Thanks!

2 Likes

Yes. For me Subtitle Editor goes to Spanish. I change it to English, work on that part, then go to the next part and I find it’s again in Spanish.

4 Likes

Yes ! I get the same problem and it’s a bit frustrating

Yup! It’s been a week or maybe more since I have started facing this problem. I heard someone saying that maybe it’ll be taken care within this month. Let’s hope that’s the case.

2 Likes

@sandeepsandhu

That used to happen a lot years back and it had stopped, but is coming back again, and I believe to stay for a long time to come…There are new changes that will be taking effect very soon, and many surprises awaits us. A new era of RViki is coming soon, and I hope for the better.

1 Like

Seriously I’m getting fed up and Im really lagging behind in editing because of this.

1 Like

Ι still have this thing. If I have to edit several parts and jump from one to the other, refreshing every time to get from Spanish to English is such a waste of time, and quite irritating.

3 Likes

Nothing’s gone wrong for me in the Subtitle Editor area since I do English to English anyway… but I’ve noticed that the interface language randomly changes to Spanish for me sometimes! :flushed: I just clicked on a channel link and the whole interface turned Spanish.

1 Like

I also do English to English, my site interface is English, yet every time I go to some other part, or to the Bulk Editor or I refresh the part I’m in, it’s Spanish. Not even Italian or Greek, but Spanish.

2 Likes

Same here. Well, if I refresh, it stays in English, but when I open the editor or go to a new part, the system suddenly seems to think I’m a Portuguese subber. :thinking:

2 Likes

Supposedly they are working on fixing this issue. Let’s hope soon because this is very time consuming to keep choosing the language needed each time you have to refresh page for any reason…

2 Likes

Ah, I see you’ve gotten the same response as I did from Viki.

Interface around the Subtitle Editor or…?

1 Like