Funny subbing mistakes

But that’s only a typo.
More important: The question should come first. Or do he ask the same?

5 Likes

That’s the question! :joy: One has to see the actions before… it could well be the person before asked the same…

8 Likes

If I’m not mistaken she repeats the question.
It’s a funny typo to me XD

8 Likes

I’m currently watching a show (that’s not aired on Viki) but there was a funny subtitle.

“Did they have beef with each other?”

Beef in this context was not referring to food.
It’s a slang meaning, having a disagreement or falling out with someone. :joy:
When I saw the subtitle I had to giggle. This show is a Cdrama set in the republication era.

8 Likes

Guys I’m back after a very very long break.:no_mouth: Actually you guys knew about my situation. It was quite hectic past few months. But, now I’m back and would talk and discuss with you guys again.

I don’t know if you guys still have watch parties.

Anyway its good to meet everyone again.
@leerla73 @poeticpeep @porkypine90_261 @padmalayag @kdrama2020ali @vivi_1485 @natyh many more. don’t remember every one’s name. Sorry for that :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

9 Likes

Welcome back! I don’t really know what happened, but I’m glad you got it all squared away. :wink: I hope you have a discord account, it seems the parties are happening over on that side. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Welcome back!!!
The last watch party I was invited was Ghost Doctor, as far as I know there is no watch party in this moment, at least not in viki.
I know that some of the regular watch party fellows are doing it by discord but I’m not so involved in discord right now.
Anyway, if you want to do a watch party you can make a thread with the show and we can join (me and whoever wants to do it lol)

5 Likes

We do! We’ve moved to Discord but most of the hosts post the WP link in Discussions too (if the drama is on Viki).

5 Likes

Welcome back! Do tell me if you are looking for projects!:smiley:

2 Likes

Yeah I had joined but didn’t remember, thanks for mentioning that.

2 Likes

Oh really yes. Thank you for asking me. I’ve been applying where ever possible. But couldn’t land on one.

If you could find me one I would be very grateful… :heart_eyes: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Hey - Welcome back!!!

chang%20wook%203

3 Likes

We are starting one at the end of March well April 1st.

Prosecutor Doberman

@meonmyown

we are doing 9 pm Eastern

3 Likes

Oh great, I have watched 6 episodes but its fine its better watching with friends.

3 Likes

This is hilariously funny :rofl: dwl Cupid’s Kitchen.
Episode 9 at about the 8:20 to 8:23 mark. It’s the middle of the night, she hears sounds, that woke her up, concerned she goes to check on her teacher. btw both are beginning to fall for each other, hence the title above, but I hate the 10 year age gap. I hate it especially when the younger of the two, is so obviously wet behind the ears. . .Anyway, back to the fsm. She knocks on the door, calls his name he answered with beat it! :joy::sob::rofl: What is this??:joy::joy::sob::rofl::rofl: A Michael Jackson song?!! :woman_shrugging:t5: He clearly said Go Away! In Mandarin, Chinese.
https://youtu.be/oRdxUFDoQe0
https://youtu.be/HSNKIdy5HJQ

March 23, 2022 :rofl:another, see below :joy:
Screenshot_20220323-150218_Viki

6 Likes

Another case of a subber using an idiom not everyone understands :joy::sweat_smile:

3 Likes

This isn’t from Viki, but its one of THE most iconic subbing mistakes in kpop history :joy:

Pentagon’s Shine is one of their most popular songs, released 3 years ago, currently has 237M views, and any proper kpop fan has definitely heard it at least once.
The lyrics go
“내가 너를 좋아해도, Nobody knows
다른 여잘 봐도, nobody’s like you”

While the sub goes
Screenshot_20220321-113344_YouTube
and they do it TWICE
Screenshot_20220321-113432_YouTube

Its already funny because it’s the exact opposite of what they’re saying, but the fact that they’re saying it in ENGLISH and it still got messed up is hilarious

https://youtu.be/Nu2yQ1zYDYU

9 Likes

Lol yes many entertainment companies mess up with subbing. Similar happened with SM, YG too…

1 Like

It’s not an idiom. It’s raining cats, and dogs is an idiom. It’s really the wrong translation altogether, the funny part comes in because they are just starting to like each other, so why would he talk to her like that, the other side to the scenerio is, he’s the older of the two, with an health issue threatening his talent, and his carefree life. He does not want her to see him in that light. :wink: Annnd! This is likely where she proves to be The One!

3 Likes

“Beat it” is an idiom phrase that means “Go away” or “Leave me alone”, so if he was telling her to go away, it’s technically the right meaning… but we still wouldn’t use it in this case so yeah, it is funny

2 Likes