Want to subtitle? Let people know!

Thank you! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

For portuguese. This show is not available for our region. Not for Brazil at least, I donā€™t know about Portugal.

Hello Ana!
That comment is actually 7 years old now, if you ever find any project that asks for subbers or moderators and is years old, then there are really really high chances that the project is either finished or is no more licensed.
You can use this page or this one to get in a team of your choice and start subbing. You can contact the Portuguese moderator and theyā€™ll then guide you :hugs:
Fighting!

4 Likes

Hello, everyone
I would like to subtitle from English to Romanian.
My profile: https://www.viki.com/users/naomicr/overview
Before you click it be advised that there is nothing to see, because I have not translated on Viki before.
Romanian is my mother tongue and I can speak English fluently, so I think I can manage the task of subtitling.

1 Like

OlĆ”, gostaria de me voluntariar para traduzir ou revisar do inglĆŖs para portuguĆŖs e vice versa. AgradeƧo desde jĆ”!

1 Like

Hi! I can sub from English to Spanish and Spanish to English as well, would love to collaborate in some projects!

1 Like

Sou novata e gostaria de entrar em alguma equipe. Posso traduzir do inglĆŖs para portuguĆŖs e vice versa. Gostaria de poder traduzir ou revisar!

Itā€™s best to offer your services on this thread:

2 Likes

Thank you very much, Iā€™m a new volunteer and Iā€™m confused

1 Like

If you are still interested in Subbing from ENglish to Persian, please contact me. I am working on putting on a team to do it faster.

Hahaha. Where have you been all these years. I too am a teacher, I speak 5 languages and sometimes I cringe at the subsā€¦ Anyone translating into English makes errors occasionally :slight_smile: You probably should look at specific projects (probably newer ones) so that the English doesnt mess with all the other language translators.

Happy subbing!

Hello, I am looking for projects to translate from English to Italian :blush:

Hello. Iā€™m an English teacher, Iā€™m interested in translating English to Portuguese (and the other way around).

1 Like

@worthyromance Thank you! :grinning:

1 Like

Er, hi! Iā€™m brand new to this so I am unsure if this is where to postā€“if itā€™s not, let me know where I should go! Iā€™m a new wannabe segmenter that only speaks fluent English (and very basic Chinese and Korean) and I was wondering how to get volunteer experience? I didnā€™t want to go click on some random show and mess something up, but most are done in teams anyway. I also applied for the NSSA, would it be better to wait for them to reply before attempting anything? Again, apologies if this is the wrong board, as I do see itā€™s for subtitling but I didnā€™t know where else to go! >.< Thanks in advance! : )

(Brand new to Vikiā€™s segging/subbing system but Iā€™ve done video editing and used YouTube captions before, so I have a small bit of experience there!)

1 Like

For segmenting, take a look here:

Even though you may have some experience on other sites, it is obligated to go through the NSSA before you can start segmenting.

If you want, you can be in a subbing team too, even though you only speak English. If your English skills are good enough, you could be a GE (General Editor), someone who checks and edits the English subtitles of a show.

You cannot mess something up, cause you wonā€™t have access to a show until either the CM (Channel Manager) or a moderator adds you.
If there is a show you want to work on, you can ask them. But in most cases they will only let you work on older shows and as said, for segmenting you need to go through NSSA first.

4 Likes

The thing about segmenting is that on Youtube the segmenting and subbing itā€™s a totally different thing as we do segmenting/subbing here at RViki. They assume like I did, when I segged in YT I though here at Rviki was exactly the same (nothing similar at all/the subbing either). The experience you gain at YT wonā€™t help you here unless they enroll in NSSA. The subbing here at Rviki is not too hard, but it pays to watch the videos until you get the hang of it.

1 Like

Hi, I can sub from English to Indonesian and Chinese to Indonesian.

Hello everyone,
I would like to contribute as a translator. I speak Spanish (mother tongue), English and Korean. Iā€™ll be interested in translating from Korean to Spanish or English to Spanish so if someone is looking for a Spanish translator, please contact me, Iā€™ll be happy to help :slight_smile:
Thanks!

1 Like