What is your first Asian drama or movie you watched

The first drama I watched was this one:

My daughters were kpop fans and they invited me to watch it together.

14 Likes

Mine was “Yoo Na’s Street”. I found it by chance 'cause I actually was looking for TVD, but suddenly, a link appeared in the fan*sub, and I clicked on it by mistake. I watched the first episode and this made me fell in love with asian culture.
Funny coincidence… I’m a huge fan of BL but I actually started my journey with asian culture by watching a K-drama lol.

That’s life, changing course everytime lol :rofl:

4 Likes

My first drama was: Angel's Last Mission: Love | Korea | Drama | Watch with English Subtitles & More ✔️

I still have a huge fondness for this drama, because it made me like the beautiful nostalgic atmosphere and the building of tension through even small gestures or glances, which are so common in Asian dramas.

5 Likes

I don’t remember it was around 80ths or beging of 90ths, but I know it was a Chinese video and that I was told that it was fun.
I don’t remember what the first thing I watched on Viki was but I feel a little curious now.

3 Likes

Hahahha my first was The Untamed because my friend recommended it to me, but the first one I chose was The sword and brocade and that drama made me fall in love with C-Dramas.

7 Likes

My relatives recommended me to watch the Filipino drama “Pangako Sa 'Yo” years ago. I vaguely remember it, but at the time I was in my rebellious years and thought it was way too cheesy, and sworn myself off from watching any other Asian dramas.
That was until early 2019 when my cousin encouraged me to give kdramas a try, so I picked what was new on another platform I was subscribed to at the time, and it got me hooked.

That drama was “Romance Is a Bonus Book”

4 Likes

There are already a bunch of topics with that question:
This:

And also this:

And also this:

And one more specific to k-drama:

(They don’t specifically ask about films, that’s the only difference)

@irmar
Of course, but it’s always nice to talk about something.For me, this is the first time I speak on this topic.

10 Likes

It was “Accidentally in Love” for me. :smile: Funny story, I actually meant to watch a K-Drama and mistook it for one since I had no idea C-Drama was a thing at the time. I mean, I liked it regardless, so I kept watching C-Dramas too. To make it funnier, the first K-Drama I watched was then “A Love So Beautiful”, which as it turns out, is a remake of a C-Drama. So, I’m not entirely sure now what my first “originally Korean” K-Drama was. I think it was either “Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo” or “Crash Landing on You”. :joy:

6 Likes

For me it was Lovers in Paris~

3 Likes

For me it was:

7 Likes

My first drama was:

7 Likes

Mine was
Suspicious Partner | Watch with English Subtitles & More | Viki?

5 Likes

Mine was Reply 1988 which such a good watch but Sky Castle is in my top rewatch list .

2 Likes

My first drama was:

6 Likes

My first drama was Las Horas de la Princesa | Vea con SubtĂ­tulos en EspaĂąol en Viki [Princess Hours] prob in 2012. WoW that was over 12 years ago :crazy_face:

2 Likes

https://mydramalist.com/1932-star-in-my-heart

Back in 2009 I found an MV on YT and found out it was from a Korean series. I searched for it and watched it with Spanish subtitles because I was new with dramas and didn’t knew how to find them. After that is just history. It has a weak rating on mydramalist; maybe because it is old, but for me the older dramas are very precious. I watched it at least four times.

2 Likes

My first ever k-drama:

Thinking back… it’s really nostalgic :blush: I watched it, when it came out, and this was the first ever drama what I translated,(ofc, that time outside of viki) and basically used it, to prepare for my english language exam.
15 years passed… I wanna cry :smiling_face_with_tear:

2 Likes

I do not remember what the first drama or movie was, but recently I watched a Korean drama. The name of this drama is My girlfriend is Alian.

2 Likes

My first drama was:

2 Likes