[Viki Community] Meet the Viki Community Team!

I wonder if @jeslynl had her account hacked as I got a very strange PM from her according to my email notification but I cannot see the PM in my Viki inbox. I get more strange PM’s from people from time to time but that it came from a staffer is odd, and that the PM is deleted from my inbox while I didn’t do that myself is very strange too. I don’t like the idea someone might have gone in my inbox without my knowledge due privacy reasons.

Do you know anything regarding this issue @mariliam @amyk @giant_sean

Hey @dudie! Rest assured that I am not hacked, nor do we access inboxes! :slight_smile: I’ve reached out to you privately with more details - have a look at your email inbox!

2 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: The new Video player beta version - I hate it!

A little thought to Viki Community and the Viki teams, both as a whole in regards to coronavirus: stay safe and hope you can work from home.

3 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Want to subtitle? Let people know!

Hello! @vikicommunity
Can you guys please update this list with the current available Community Managers?
I know jeslynl and camiille are no longer part of the Community Team.
Anyone else???
I don’t seem to see mariliam around. Maybe she is not part of the team either???

It would be awesome to know who to contact.
Thank you!

7 Likes

There was an update in January
https://discussions.viki.com/t/viki-community-january-2022-updates/42331

6 Likes

Welcome new team members! I am really happy to see a LUNA SEA fan in the team!!! :+1::+1::+1:

(No, I never was a member of SLAVE, but I was a member of FC Pyro, No Name and RKF. Uses to travel to Japan annually for concerts and fan club events and report on concerts for a J-rock page)

3 Likes

Welcome new Viki Community Team Members,I’m looking forward working with you and wishing you tons of fun too! :partying_face: :clap: :shinto_shrine::japanese_castle:

5 Likes

Welcome to our new community members, hope you’ll have fun here on Viki as we share our love for drama, anime and Asian music! :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Thank you so much for your very warm introduction! I’m looking forward to work with all of you on future projects! :heart::hibiscus::tada:

And good luck and lots of fun for Camille in the Marketing Team! :sparkles:

6 Likes

@amm11,
Welcome!
https://discussions.viki.com/groups/moderators

Your profile though. . .
https://c.tenor.com/POE7FnX0c3wAAAAM/yooahin-looking.gif

Still. . . Thanks for addressing the community flagged post, posted by ssgacor88_341
Screenshots_2021-06-04-07-25-50

3 Likes

@vikicommunity

Could you provide a list of specific tasks attributed to each Viki Community Manager? I’d like to know whom to contact in particular cases. (Before, Jeslyn was handling report regarding abuse, I know one was reponsible for Chinese drama, another one for Korean… but since the team changed, that would be helpful.)

And also, who’s the head of the Community Team since @mariliam left?

Thx.

8 Likes

Well, I think they’re not entirely interested in bonding with the community, since they didn’t bother replying. I’m getting annoyed at Viki each passing day.

And since we can’t count on no one but ourselves, I found this info while browsing the web. (For all that’s worth)
@giant_sean is listed as Team lead. So I supposed he’s in charge… :thinking: (If someone was still wondering)

But my knowledge stops here…
Would @vikicommunity be so kind as to reply? So We know who to adress our complaints to, instead of bothering you four each time…

6 Likes

The funniest part is that they do know how to mail “We want to hear from you” mails, “help us make the Contributor Community better, take this survey”… yet my tickets are being left unsolved… how much buzz does it need?

5 Likes

I feel you. If we want answers we need to figure them out by ourselves by surfing all the possible pages available on Viki. I spend more of my free time looking for answers than actually contributing :unamused:

@justine_desmoulins
Let’s hang in there as much as possible :raised_hands:
You are definitely a very valuable member of this community and your cover pages are awesome too!

And it would be awesome if @vikicommunity could let us know in detail who we should contact for specific issues.

For example:

• All viki staff members are in charge of all language titles.
    Korean, Chinese, Taiwanese, Japanese? Or each of them takes care of a specific language project? I wonder…

• Reporting abusers.

• Adding you as a co-manager, moderator or subtitler to a channel that the manager is no longer active on viki. And I am talking about managers who left viki around 4 to 5 years ago…

Any other issues out there?

5 Likes

It’s been around two years since I last responded to any of their surveys. Nothing I ever suggest gets done anyway. So why should I completely waste my time?

5 Likes

They’re hearing from us, they’re reading what we send, they just choose not to care, that’s easier… until… it starts to fall apart.

8 Likes

I miss Jeslyn and the good ol’ days I used to get a reply to my messages. Now I get ignored every time. I don’t get it. They always said how great I was. Was it something I did? The love is gone? Am I the drama? I don’t think I’m the drama? Am I?

11 Likes

I think something really serious must be going on…

Should we post here who hasn’t received a reply from a private message or a ticket submitted for over 15 days? 1 month? 1 year? :sunglasses:

I am scared to see how many we are out there waiting for a reply :relieved:

4 Likes