Viki

Want to subtitle? Let people know!

Something like this:
Introduce yourself giving info that is relevant to what you’re asking for. Especially your level of Chinese and English.This is the main thing they need to know about you.
For instance:
I am an American who has been studying Chinese for 10 years Or
I am a Chinese American.
I am a native Chinese living in China with a good level of English (Proficiency).
I am Hungarian but I have a Chinese boyfriend so I have lived in China for two years. I have been studying English since high school and I’d like to take this opportunity to practice it.
Or whatever else you think fit.
Then what you want:
I have some free time and I would like to volunteer in X show as a Chinese-English subber.
Be sure to include info about whether you can access the show:
I am new to Viki but I have a Vikipass (or Vikipass plus). The show is accessible for my region. I am available for a couple of hours all evenings. OR I will make sure to be available on the days the show is uploaded.

And then some polite formula to finish.
I hope you will consider my request.
Friendly regards/ Sincerely yours/

But do personalise it as you like. It must reflect who you are. And make sure you read it again, checking for typos, grammar mistakes and expression. Because you’re applying for writing English subtitles, so your message will be an example of how well you can write in English.
Surely, there is such a need of native translators (Chi-En and Ko-En) that even people with a medium English are welcomed, as long as the English makes some sense: then the editors can make it correct. But at least the English must be understandable.

How long until you start? I cannot give you an answer. It depends first of all on whether it’s an on-air show or an already completed one. If it’s on-air, work starts when the show starts. If it’s complete, it may start immediately. Or not. Depending on the situation.

Hello! I would like to start my first project here. I can subtitle from English to Spanish, i’m really interested in helping so please contact me! :slight_smile:

hi :)) I’ve noticed a lack in irish subtitles and I’d like to help out as i have some free-time. I’m fluent in the language so if there is anything i could subtitle for you I’d be happy to. I can do englsih to irish, korean to irish and i’m not fluent in chinese but i’m studying it so i could possibly help out there a little bit. just let me know if you have any projects for me. Thank you.

Hi I am GE on several shows that I feel you could help us out with I am including my link so if you want to look at the shows I am working with and click the links to our Channel Managers you could apply to 8 or so shows really quickly. Hope it helps.

https://www.viki.com/users/tammychecketts_61/about

Best wishes
Tammy

thank you :))

you’re most welcome

As a CM or a Moderator, it’s more efficient to send a direct private message to the candidates you found here in the thread and you would like in your team. It keeps the thread more organised and clear for other CMs and Moderators.

Sorry for the bother.

Hi there!

I want to help into the subtitling. I can translate English to Hungarian. I like the korean drama, so I just translate that. I don’t have a lot of time, but my work is good, I already translate some videos, but in the new system I can do that with a license. So I’m not fast, but I am reliable, I won’t start a new project while I won’t finish the ongoing. I promise that.
I’am already a moderator in the “It’s okay, because I’m a mom.” You can see my work there.
So if you want a hungarian translator, then write me!

Ps.: I am better translating english to hungarian, than hungarian to english. So sorry if I write something wrongly.

Hello everybody,
In February, a new korean drama “I’ll Go to You When the Weather is Nice” will be published at Viki.
I would like to be in the french team of translation. Please, don’t forget me.
Happy new Eve !

Bonjour,
En février, un nouveau drama coréen “I’ll go to you when the weather is nice” va être publié sur Viki.
Je voudrais être dans l’équipe française de traduction. S’il vous plait ne m’oubliez pas.
Bon réveillon à tous

This is a thread where subtitlers offer their services in a general manner.

If you and others would like to work on a particular project, please contact the moderators of your designated languages directly by sending them private messages.

As previously mentioned, newbies might not get an opportunity to work on on-air dramas in the more popular languages on Viki (French, Spanish, Portuguese). So, we always advise to accept any project that might come along. The advantage then is that you will learn how to work in a team in a more structured and less stressed way.

You can use these two threads for those purposes:

Hi! I would love to help translate dramas to Romanian (from English, Italian or French). I’m currently learning Korean but it’s a looooong way to go. Thank you!

Hello my name is Krystal. I am an American who has been studying Korean for four years and wanted to practice translating from Korean-English. Please contact me if you need help.

Hi is your Viki username Krys_cast? If so I am afraid it may be hard for you to find shows to work on as your profile is nearly blank I remember when I started a few months ago if its not please send me your link.

Tammy

Hi:) Could you paste a link to your profile? I tried to look you up, but there is no result on Viki with your ID, so I couldn’t PM you…

hi! i can subtitle english to japanese! i’d love to help with this <3 or i can subtitle vice versa, i’m japanese and therefore fluent in the language :slight_smile:

oi! eu posso legendar de ingles pra português! alguém interessado? eu realmente quero ajudar.

hey I can subtitle english to portuguese. anyone interested? I really wanna help

Hi! I can help subtitling from english to portuguese, and I’m looking for a project to work on!

hello, I would like to translate from english to french, if you need any help, do not hesitate to contact me.