Want to subtitle? Let people know!

English to Korean is almost never needed here - since the American films lost their license. Most of the time what’s needed is Korean to English, but I’m sure you can also do that as well.

@sophiapyo2_19
Here is a post with info about how to find projects.

And here are my Subbing Guidelines for English subbers. Different English Chief Editors make or adopt different sets of guidelines, but the basics here on Viki are the same.

@sophiapyo2_19
There is one American movie that doens’t have Korean subs

2 Likes

Hello, i am looking for a project in which i can help with English to Romanian subtitles.

@sophiapyo2_19 might also want to provide Korean subs for Japanese and Chinese shows. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello! I just joined the community and can subtitle from English to French. I have a lot of time and have previous experience (outside of Viki) translating and subtitling videos for my work. I hope I have the opportunity to help!

¡Hola! Recién me estoy uniendo a esta comunidad. Quisiera apoyar en la traducción de inglés a español, también podría apoyar en inglés-francés y en inglés-portugués. Espero pueda cotribuir con un granito de arena :hugs:

1 Like

Olá, gostaria de legendar do inglês para português.

Ach, you’re right, I completely forgot. My bad.

1 Like

Hi, I would love to help Viki !
I can subtitle from English to french/Turkish or from French to Turkish.

Hi,
I would like to help with subtitling. I can subtitle from English to Dutch, preferably a Chinese project. I grew up in a Chinese family and am studing it seriously recently.
PM me if you’re interested. Thank you.

Welkom op Viki :slight_smile: Er worden nog vertalers gezocht voor ‘The best partner’. Misschien kun je je daar bij aansluiten.

@wiljadejonge

1 Like

Hi,

I really want to help subtitling from English to Portuguese, but it has been difficult to be included in any team. If someone is accepting help, please let me know.

~~

Olá,

quero muito ajudar na legendagem do inglês para o português, mas tem sido difícil entrar em qualquer time. Se alguém estiver aceitando ajuda, por favor me avise.

Hello, I would like to translate English to French if you’re looking for someone. Thank you very much!

Hello everyone. I can speak English and Arabic. I want to ask a question. Do I have to be fluent in Korean to be able to translate or can I use apps and programs for that ?. Thank you very much.

@heidiabdulatif175_97

If you want to translatw you must know english very well, because you sub from English into Arabic.

1 Like

Yes, I am fluent in English.

But, this is for Korean dramas,right ?

I see you need to go to the Help Center and read a few articles there.

In short. Viki has Korean and Chinese language dramas (and VERY few others). They come without any subtitles.
After the segmenting (you don’t need to know what that is for now), the English subtitlers listen to the original Korean or Chinese and they translate into English. Then the English is edited to make it grammatically and syntactically correct. After this is done, the other languages can start.
No team except for the English team translates directly from the original language. All other languages translate from the English. (Of course it happens that some Other Language subtitlers also know Korean or Chinese, so they can also be helped by this).
That’s why you were told that the only languages you need to know well is English (comprehension) and your language (writing).

2 Likes

@Irmar already explained to you why you only need to know English and Arabic (though knowledge of Korean definately helps).
The use of apps like Google Translate is strictly forbidden here. You can however, make use of (online) dictionaries and websites that explain linguistic issues etc.

I’d like to help :slight_smile:
I can translate from Korean/English/Spanish into English/Spanish.