Want to subtitle? Let people know!

There are ALWAYS English subtitles here on Viki when characters speak English in the video. Maybe you are confusing us with some other streaming platform which doesn’t have them?
Mind you, they are not captions, that is they don’t mention that now music is heard, now the leaves are rustling, now the door is banging. This is not their purpose. But each and every utterance has an English subtitle.
And the reason for this is that on Viki we also have many other languages. If there were no subtitle (and no segment, i.e. placeholder for a subtitle), the other languages wouldn’t be able to translate it.
(Another reason is that often, when Asians speak English, it’s hardly comprehensible :wink: )

2 Likes

Hi, I’d like to start creating Spanish subtitles.

I’m a beginner and I’ve been trying to join some teams without any result, but I’d really love to be part of a project and getting some experience, it doesn´t matter if I’ll have to do just a small contribution, because what I feel excited the most is the time when I’m in front of my computer trying to create the best subtitles to make Spanish speakers understand the program efficiently.

2 Likes

Same is happening here to me!

I have enough experience on both languages (English and Spanish), lot of experience translating and I was a QC in the past.

But nowadays none joins me to their teams, they never reply, and I can’t get into any project. It’s like only a very few ones are taking part in the projects… :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

Hi everyone!
I am new here and I’m available for translating English - German or proofreading German.
I’m a German native and read English on a high level.

https://www.viki.com/users/fatalflaw/overview
1 Like

Hi :wave: If anyone needs subtitles from English to French in can help !
Feel free to contact me anytime !

My explanation was not very good. I watch a Korean movie and I have english subtitles. But when the characters in the Korean movie speak in english, there are no subtitles in english. The reason I need the subtitle for the times when english is spoken is because of my poor hearing I cannot understand the english being spoken. So sometimes I miss the important information in those moments. Occasionally I can understand a single word but not the whole sentence. So english subtitles of the english would be most welcome. Does that make sense? I know I should be able to hear and understand the english spoken by the Korean actors, but I cannot.

2 Likes

¡Hola!

Te aconsejo que escribas directamente a las moderadoras de los proyectos, aunque es díficil que puedan leerlo por el error 429 que se tiene aquí.

สู้ๆค่ะ!
Cata :two_hearts:

1 Like

¡Hola!

Pienso que es por el error 429 que se tiene aquí, no nos deja ver los mensajes que nos mandan.

สู้ๆค่ะ!

1 Like

¡Hola!

Te aconsejo que escribas directamente a las moderadoras de los proyectos, pero como dije a los demás es díficil que lo vean por el error 429.

สู้ๆค่ะ!

On Viki everything spoken (exception: meaningless sighs and such) should be subtitled. If you’ve encountered an instance where that was not the case, please send a private message to the corresponding Channel Manager, which can be found in the tab “Subtitle team” if you’re using a computer.

5 Likes

Thank you for your help

Hi!!

If you need someone to translate from English to French or French to English you can hit me up!

Have nice day !! <3

I’d love to get started with English to Spanish translation or editing English subtitles!

Your explanation was very good, I immediately understood what you were saying, and I replied on that. As I said, everything spoken, in no matter what language, is subtitled. If you saw an instance where it wasn’t done, it must be the exception, and you could ask the team representative (in this case the English mod, and if you don’t get a reply, the CM), to fix it.

1 Like

Hi!!
It’s been a while i can’t find a project to subtitle cause the subtitles were coming all ready, but i’m on to any new project. So, if you need someone to translate from ENGLISH to PORTUGUESE, i’m available! :grin:

Bonjour à tous ! Est-il possible de traduire du portugais au français ?
Bonne journée !

Hi!
If you need, especially for C-Drama, I can translate from ENGLISH to ITALIAN.
:blush:

I can Subtitle from English To Arabic Too, please let me know if you have any recommendations?

1 Like

Hello everyone,
If you are French and would like to start volunteering, not knowing where and how to start, here is a topic for you:

3 Likes

Hi, I can help with English, German and Danish.