Annoying subtitles that bothers Me/Myself and I/ to see them here at this site

Same but didn’t burst into laughter. I hadn’t seen the word palanquin before watching a historical drama.

Snoop’s intentions do not matter in this case because enough people have pinned this phrase with a different meaning.

The news was about Snoop Dogg, and that’s what got the female reporter fired from her job; when she added (as a punch line) his famous phrase. I hope she sues their *** off, and gets millions in the process bc I bet if the male reporter had said that catchphrase, all he would get would be days suspended from his job.

ilikedeadclowns
I hadn’t seen the word palanquin before watching a historical drama.

This was the only word I used when I worked as a subber in Korean historical dramas, and for the Chinese historical dramas I used; Rickshaw

originally denoted a two- or three-wheeled passenger cart, pulled rickshaw, which is generally pulled by one person carrying one passenger. The first known use of the term was in 1879.

About the news…
Mississippi morning news anchor and chief meteorologist Barbie Bassett has been fired after quoting Snoop Dogg on air earlier this month. Bassett worked at NBC affiliate WLBT, and during a March 8 broadcast she engaged in an on-air discussion around Snoop’s Cali wine line. At one point, Bassett said the phrase, “Fo shizzle, my nizzle.”

Charlamagne Tha God defends anchor who was fired for reciting Snoop Dogg lyrics: ‘Not a fireable offense’

The Breakfast Club host Charlamagne Tha God scoffed at the story of a Mississippi morning newscaster being fired for quoting …

Within the context of talking about Snoop Dogg, it’s appropriate. You’re right, she shouldn’t have been fired. All the other things I said would be the counterarguments.

Rickshaws have wheels, that’s not the same thing if you’re talking about something that takes four people to carry.

2 Likes

Where did I ever said it was the same thing? I wrote according to the origin of the drama (Korea or China) and what I visually see in the video I’m working on; I name them accordingly.

It takes some research work done more than ‘‘from now on I’ll use SEDAN because so-so used that in the historical drama.’’ For example, if is a historical drama from LONDON, then I do some research in their story, and what they called them ‘‘transportation’’ back in their time.

Some volunteers here don’t want to do that little extra work, but if they did, we wouldn’t have so many people complaining about the subtitles in the first place.

@ilikedeadclowns I just found this at another topic. That makes me laugh so much; don’t ask me why…

[(Profile - deadliftdiva_548 - Viki Discussions[deadliftdiva_548(Profile - deadliftdiva_548 - Viki Discussions) Yeah…about those paid subbers and how they should be perfect and let be… in a Ming Dynasty drama, the Emperor was using a “shuttle bus”.

I guess the Emperor went to the future, and experienced the Luxury feel of a shuttle bus. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Well, I love all the changes done here at [RakutenViki], especially that most dramas, series, movies etc. are already coming pre-subbed in English, Spanish and Portuguese.

Thank you owners/investors/CEO’s for finding a middle ground and fair solution to the unfair things that were going on in here for so long. Thanks for listening and caring, although many here allege you don’t care or listen. I know the CEO’s did what was in their best possibilities, and I know they will continue to improve in an equal, fair way for us all.

DEAR CEO’s and investors: Hope your family and all of you are in good health.

I am pleading with you all to stop the actions certain Spanish teams are doing here at RakutenViki that can affect the integrity of this site. They flag post of mine and even edit my post to make it look like I am lying and they change the evidence I provided when they change the badly done Spanish subtitles done by a subber and changed them to ENGLISH. This is a form of bullying since they can attack me, but I can’t defend myself since is so many against me/ one. There are people that give me support but are not willing to make it public since they fear retaliation from these group of Spanish teams with no ethics or moral values because if they do they wouldn’t go this far. These are the same people that one day can betray RAKUTENVIKI since they have shown to go to extreme to cover their wrongdoing.
If they keep picking bad Spanish subber to accumulate contribution count they are denying paying subscribers to have their subtitles promptly because they have to do all this unnecessary Editing. These type of actions show their disloyalty towards their work as a faithful volunteer for Rviki Erasing evidence, denying charges given with evidence shows they are deceivers and can’t be trusted. PLEASE look into this situation, and look on how it can be resolve because volunteers that can give Quality in the subtitles are been denied to work as volunteers here at Rakutenviki for a very long time now.

This is what they did on this topic

The VIA bot says I’m breaking rules and the VIA broke ALL the rules by changing what I wrote in the TOPIC without my approval or consent. This is the evidence how they change what I wrote to English although I was complaining about the Spanish subtitles. I have further evidence of how some of this Spanish teams hide their wrongdoings and I have evidence that the person in charge CM Moderator removed her project from her page, but not before i was able to save my evidence that she allows people that barely knows Spanish to work as Spanish subtitler degrading the quality of the Spanish subs here at viki.
I have plenty of evidence of this person past work, too. This is the subtitles this person wrote only 4 months ago; although I file reports and gave evidence of the past badly done Spanish Subtitles (I’m talking about for more than 3 years ago working as a spanish subber).
THEY CHANGED THE SUBTITLES TO ENGLISH BUT I HAVE THE ORIGINAL WRONGLY TRANSLATED TO SPANISH BY THE SUBBER. i WILL PROVIDE THE PERSON’S NAME IF NEEDED (THERE ARE SEVERAL WORKING AS SPANISH SUBBERS WHO REALLY DON’T KNOW SPANISH).

I’M guessing a real person and not VIA bot change my posting because VIA is here to help with our concerns not cover up for unethical Spanish teams. As you can see they forgot to erase SPANISH in the top. There is no perfect crime after all.

Terrible Spanish subtitles done here at RViki ONLY 4 months ago.

She told my mom to tell me to get into the audition show, and I went

Because I’ll tell you, the question says, “Who is the most helpful for the professional connection?”

and that was also how I knew Jackie Chan. That’s how I am here.

So they’ll help you meet more people and then…you know, the connection.

Spanish

Look at the camera. What camera should you look at?

• What camera am I looking at?
    4 months ago
    Spanish
    “You know, maybe it won’t work.” But my mom is always like, ‘‘Go for your dreams, like, do, do, do.’’ That’s why I think I’m here.

You
know, usually, parents are like, “You know, you need to have a backup plan. You must attend school.”

Spanish

Yes, your mother. I love you too.
English
Maybe my mother. I love that woman. Well…She…

I
didn’t know that, very shocking. 4 months ago

Spanish
and told me that I have to come and play Starcraft for a living. So I did, and still here today.

Wrote a subtitle](subber.viki.) in [Episode
4 months ago

English
and he came here because he had a Korean girlfriend at that time
4 months ago

EnglishBecause
if it wasn’t for her, I wouldn’t have made it to the audition show that she put me through,

Spanish
She taught me to sing and how to move on stage.

EnglishBecause
I’ll tell you, the question says, “Who is he else?”

Upon further inspection I realized the English subtitles are just as bad because they are doing it from the Spanish translation this person who doesn’t qualify as a Spanish subber wrote in the show; JOIN US KOREA.

Below are the terrible quality Spanish subtitles in that show. I posted this 15 days ago which serves as evidence that they change the subtitles in question. Legally this can be consider a criminal act; not a felony but a

mis·de·mean·or

Similar:

wrongdoing

evil deed
criminal act
misdeed
misconduct
offense

• LAW

a nonindictable offense, regarded in the US (and formerly in the UK) as less serious than a felony

[

angelight313_941Regular

15d

Terrible Spanish subtitles here at RViki. done by someone who knows very little Spanish.

Ella le dijo a mi madre a decirme entrar en el programa de audición, y fui

Porque le diré, la pregunta dice, “¿Quién es el más servicial para la conexión profesional?”

y eso también fue como conocía a Jackie Chan. Eso es cómo estoy aquí.

Así que te ayudarán conocer más gente y luego…sabe, la conexión.

Spanish

• Mira a la cámera. ¿A qué cámera debe mirar?
  • ¿A qué cámera miro?

4 months ago

Spanish
“Sabes, tal vez no lo va a trabajar.” Pero mi madre siempre es como, ''Ve por tus sueños, como, hagas, hagas, hagas." Es por eso pienso que estoy aquí.

Spanish
Sabes, por lo general, los padres son como “Sabes, necesitas tener un plan alternativo. Debes asistir la escuela.”

Spanish

• Sí, su madre. Te amo también.

Spanish
Tal vez mi madre. Amo a esa mujer. Pues…Ella…

Spanish
Eso no sabía, muy chocante. 4 months ago

Spanish
y me dijo que tengo que venir y jugar Starcraft para ganar la vida. Entonces hice, y todavía aquí hoy.

4 months ago

Spanish
y vino aquí porque tenía una novia coreana en eso tiempo
4 months ago

Spanish
Porque si no fuera por ella, no habría presentarme en el programa de audición que me presentó,

Spanish
Ella me enseñó a cantar y cómo mover en escena.

Spanish
Porque le deciré, la pregunta dice, “¿Quién es él más ?”

They close the Topic and is more to hide what they did. I am done trying to find justice and receiving insults. But I still hope some action is taken against all these wrongdoings. Allowing them to get away with this will only enable them to continue use abuse of power they are taking advantage of unfairly to many here; not only me.
Thank you for your attention.

In Philadelphia and the Los Angeles where I live, a person that does not present as a Black/African American does not use the phrase without repercussions. To do so is disrespectful and a racial microaggression. It should continue to be looked upon poorly.

The reporter didn’t deserve to be fired for its use but did deserve to be fired for her ignorance and insensitivity in this day and age. The fact that she did not do her own research is a reprehensible offense since fact checking and researching is her job. She was fired because it is not a Black persons responsibility to educate her on racial history, it is her responsibility as it is for everyone, to learn it themselves.

There is plenty of literature and other resources that explain this point in minute detail. Proximity to Blackness is NOT Blackness nor is it permission to disregard real lived experiences of Black people which includes the experience of non Black people appropriating cultural iconography, speech, and practices then using to create and/or reinforce negative stereotypes.

There are great translaters on here sadly, there are some that are perhaps new to it, or just don’t really understand the languages as a whole. The English language (I can’t speak for other languages) truly can be difficult at times even for English speaking people when writing it. My biggest surprise was the he vs she, as they would use it for both male or female, instead of she for female, and he for male. I got used to it but when I was watching a murder mystery and they got it wrong for a deceased person I cringed as it just takes a lot away from the show. Silly I know but when they are talking about two or more bodies and they are of different sexes, it’s like HUH? which person are you talking about. Pronouns should be a given I would think. My spouse is from another country and to help understand the language here I had to correct sentences and words at times. Thankfully it was always appreciated especially concerning business and medical.

1 Like

Fluent+ people are highly unlikely to mix those two genders up. I’m assuming you’re referring to subtitles. Were they edited before you watched them? If you notice blatant mistakes like that on viki just wait a week or two to watch the video, then report it on the video interface if it’s still there. Eventually, the subs will be edited. Bodies might not be gendered as well.

1 Like

Eh.
I don’t think so.
In Korean you don’t have a gender associated with the verb or like an indication of gender, so the editors should just note the names and all the info about the characters and keep track of every information possible.
Lately I encounterred a mistake, that characters were talking in a present tense and just very casually about someone, who was long dead LOL
If I wasn’t carreful, I would too think, that it’s just some other random guy, who is still alive
It’s less about fluency and more about being carreful and preparing notes

3 Likes

fyrerayne
The reporter didn’t deserve to be fired for its use but did deserve to be fired for her ignorance and insensitivity in this day and age.

I’m Puertorican and my son is black/Haitian, and I know certain things are considered offensive to the Black community because sometimes I ask him/my son those kind of stuff, but I still feel that my ignorance or anyone’s ignorance on the subject is any ground or a fair excuse for her to deserve to loose a job that she works so hard for. A reporter’s life is very hard, but yet, they are there to give us the news, share laughter, and even sorrows with ALL of us. Whether we are Asian, Black, White, European when we turn on those news, they don’t pick and choose who their news are for; bc they are for all who wants to see it.

How would you like if you lost your hard earned money/job (because the life of a reporter is hard enough) over what you thought would be a funny punch line? If you saw the video it’s obvious that like I do; she likes Snoop Dogg (he has his flaws but he’s human after all). She probably felt he himself would find it funny since he is a great comedian with a good sense of humor.

My point was two things mainly: She was fired because she’s a WOMAN. They could have suspended her, and made her do a live apology statement. She was fired bc anything a woman does in this world, it’s an unforgivable sin that deserves no mercy.

That is why, in this time and age in some countries, we still have women stoned to death falsely accused and dying a horrible death just bc her husband wanted to have a new younger wife, he made up a lie of adultery, and ironically many women joined in with the men to stone this innocent woman to death. That is also why 2 young girls here in USA that were killed by their brother (who came from his country) to do an honor killing. Two gorgeous beautiful girls in the prime of their life killed because they were ‘‘too modernized.’’ and while this brother is free; enjoying and living everyday of his life; we no longer can see their infectious beautiful and happy smile. They were so happy and beautiful; Do you think their ignorance was justification enough for their horrible untimely death at the prime of their life?

I cried for these 2 young girls like I knew them, and I felt so much pain for them because I can imagine their terror, their screams, their utter pain when they realize they would no longer see the sun shining on their faces, and to hear the laughter as they share a new day having innocent fun with their friends.

Thank you so much for sharing that info here; I appreciate that from you so much. Some people may feel I criticize too much certain moderators and editors, but this the reason why. Taking notes won’t kill anyone and can be so useful when we need them. This is specially essential for some EDITORS here who don’t do their job and leave all this horrible subtitles plastered in dramas, movies and even shows. They always say; give the Editors time to edit the wrong subs, but you know that I have checked a year later, and the wrong subtitle is still plastered in the same episode and time when I saw it, but my comment to have those subs corrected has been deleted by no other than the moderator in charge. How ironic.

1 Like

angelight313_941Regular

@vikiinformationassis

Not really I’m not, I’m just voicing my anger as to why certain groups in the Spanish teams do things that are not right since they recruited a person that hardly knows any Spanish, and this person although I have reported him or her for years now, nothing has been done to stop him/her from giving terrible quality subtitles; just like the abuser we had until recently that confessed he didn’t know most of the language he was subbing in, and just recently was finally removed from here after a long time of giving terrible subtitles in different language.

As a matter of fact, I never mentioned that @thaly1209 is the Spanish moderator of the show this person did work on, and she’s also the CM, and I believe Editor, too. I’m not saying she was the one who recruited him/her, but I don’t understand why there was any need to recruit this person who obviously doesn’t know how to write in Spanish. The Spanish teams have plenty of Spanish people that could have done better QUALITY subtitles. Why is it that this person keeps getting recruited in these Spanish teams when the EDITORS can see very clearly this person is incapable of working as a Spanish subtitler? When I go to the Spanish teams they say the team is full, but they have space for someone who has very little knowledge of the Spanish language. Does that makes sense?

Since I’m breaking the rules, then, why you are not doing your job, and find out why for more than 3 years now this person gets recruited as a Spanish subber? Do they recruit him/her so they can get contribution count as they edit the terrible subs plastered all over by this person? This person is more than qualify to do English editing or in any the other language he/she may know. By now, I’m guessing the Editors of the show fixed all that mess he/she wrote, but what makes no sense to me is that I’m always told the team is full, and I get turned down, but they always have space for someone who has no business making Spanish subtitles.

I have plenty of evidence of this person past work, too. This is the subtitles this person wrote only 4 months ago; although I file reports and gave evidence of the past badly done Spanish Subtitles (I’m talking about more than 3 years ago).

Porque le diré, la pregunta dice, “¿Quién es el más servicial para la conexión profesional?”

Spanish

Mira a la cámera. ¿A qué cámera debe mirar?

• ¿A qué cámera miro?
    4 months ago
    Spanish
    “Sabes, tal vez no lo va a trabajar.” Pero mi madre siempre es como, ''Ve por tus sueños, como, hagas, hagas, hagas." Es por eso pienso que estoy aquí.

Spanish
Sabes, por lo general, los padres son como “Sabes, necesitas tener un plan alternativo. Debes asistir la escuela.”

Spanish

Sí, su madre. Te amo también.
Spanish

Spanish

Spanish
y me dijo que tengo que venir y jugar Starcraft para ganar la vida. Entonces hice, y todavía aquí hoy.

4 months ago

Spanish
4 months ago

Spanish
Porque si no fuera por ella, no habría presentarme en el programa de audición que me presentó,

Spanish

Spanish

Mr./Mrs. CEO’s/ Investors; WHY are they doing this to each and everyone of you who invest your hard earned money for this site? They complain so much of the lack of respect on your part, when they have no respect whatsoever to the real Authority and Owners of this site. By this person giving bad Spanish Quality Subtitles is damaging the image of RakutenViki who has been known to give to viewers the best quality subtitles than any other site.
I have further evidence if needed but PLEASE>>>> :pray:

Get to the bottom of this, and investigate why this things are going on in here now more than ever. I’m not breaking any rules, I am defending my Language, and no one is doing a thing to stop this teams from doing things that lower the quality in the Spanish subtitles. @ I’m counting on you to do your job right this time and stop this from continuing to go on in here. Thank you very much for your attention.
DEAR CEO’s and investors: Hope your family and all of you are in good health.

I am pleading with you all to stop the actions certain Spanish teams are doing here at RakutenViki that can affect the integrity of this site. They flag post of mine and even edit my post to make it look like I am lying and they change the evidence I provided when they change the badly done Spanish subtitles done by a subber and changed them to ENGLISH. This is a form of bullying since they can attack me, but I can’t defend myself since is so many against me/ one. There are people that give me support but are not willing to make it public since they fear retaliation from these group of Spanish teams with no ethics or moral values because if they do they wouldn’t go this far. These are the same people that one day can betray RAKUTENVIKI since they have shown to go to extreme to cover their wrongdoing.
If they keep picking bad Spanish subber to accumulate contribution count they are denying paying subscribers to have their subtitles promptly because they have to do all this unnecessary Editing. These type of actions show their disloyalty towards their work as a faithful volunteer for Rviki Erasing evidence, denying charges given with evidence shows they are deceivers and can’t be trusted. PLEASE look into this situation, and look on how it can be resolve because volunteers that can give Quality in the subtitles are been denied to work as volunteers here at Rakutenviki for a very long time now.

This is what they did on this topic by a viki staff who has been here since NOVEMBER 7, 2013.

The VIA bot says I’m breaking rules and the VIA broke ALL the rules by changing what I wrote in the TOPIC without my approval or consent. This is the evidence how they change what I wrote to English although I was complaining about the Spanish subtitles. I have further evidence of how some of this Spanish teams hide their wrongdoings and I have evidence that the person in charge CM Moderator removed her project from her page, but not before i was able to save my evidence that she allows people that barely knows Spanish to work as Spanish subtitler degrading the quality of the Spanish subs here at viki.
I have plenty of evidence of this person past work, too. This is the subtitles this person wrote only 4 months ago; although I file reports and gave evidence of the past badly done Spanish Subtitles (I’m talking about for more than 3 years ago working as a spanish subber).
THEY CHANGED THE SUBTITLES TO ENGLISH BUT I HAVE THE ORIGINAL WRONGLY TRANSLATED TO SPANISH BY THE SUBBER. i WILL PROVIDE THE PERSON’S NAME IF NEEDED (THERE ARE SEVERAL WORKING AS SPANISH SUBBERS WHO REALLY DON’T KNOW SPANISH).

I’M guessing a real person and not VIA bot change my posting because VIA is here to help with our concerns not cover up for unethical Spanish teams. As you can see they forgot to erase SPANISH in the top. There is no perfect crime after all.

Because I’ll tell you, the question says, “Who is the most helpful for the professional connection?”

Spanish

4 months ago
    Spanish
    “You know, maybe it won’t work.” But my mom is always like, ‘‘Go for your dreams, like, do, do, do.’’ That’s why I think I’m here.

You
know, usually, parents are like, “You know, you need to have a backup plan. You must attend school.”

Spanish

English

I

Spanish
and told me that I have to come and play Starcraft for a living. So I did, and still here today.

4 months ago

English
4 months ago

EnglishBecause
if it wasn’t for her, I wouldn’t have made it to the audition show that she put me through,

Spanish

EnglishBecause

Upon further inspection I realized the English subtitles are just as bad because they are doing it from the Spanish translation this person who doesn’t qualify as a Spanish subber wrote in the show; JOIN US KOREA.

angelight313_941Regular

4d

thaly1209
I hate to break it to you but if I am the CM of the show/movie, then I am not the Spanish moderator. You’re giving me all these roles without first double-checking. You’re barking at the wrong tree my dear.

I see you removed the show from your page but with that; you only prove to everyone how controlling this place and some teams can be. That’s called ‘‘abuse of power,’’ and I really hope the CEO’s/investors realize how dangerous that can be for them.
Please, DO respect me and stop referring to me as I’m a Dog barking up at your tree. That was so rude on your part.

thaly1209

4d

Honey bun I cannot remove shows from my page. It doesn’t work like that. So technically speaking it doesn’t prove anything besides the point that you’re just making things up.

I think you don’t understand. I am not calling you a dog. It’s a saying.

thaly1209

7d

Ma’am I do know the meaning of the saying. However, I think you’re the one who didn’t understand the fact that I was making fun of you. You’re saying that “el q se pica es pq ajo come”. I responded by saying that i do like eating garlic but I wasn’t itching because of a guilty mind. Funny how after your first accusation failed you’re diverting the topic by once again coming up with a random accusation. For your information, I was born and raised in Cuba. I came to the U.S when I was eight. I have always been fluent in Spanish since it is my maternal language. I don’t “allege” anything because I am a native Spanish speaker. You have a lot to say about “defending your language” and defending those who respect my language. Pero corazón, why would I defend someone who is doing more harm than good and that up until now has been spitting up lies.

Now, back to the initial topic, you accused me of being here since 2013, and I responded to your accusation. What do you have to say about that? Even better, before you claimed that “don’t believe me when I say that we have controlling groups here at RViki, and it’s from 2 females that have been here for ages… (not in the Spanish or Portuguese teams either) these individuals control those teams, too.” You claimed that they weren’t from the Spanish community, but how come you’re accusing me, someone from the Spanish community, of being here since 2013 and being part of said group?

What do you mean?

What got changed? Doesn’t it show, who edited the post?

How would that be possible? I don’t think people can do it

What is your record with reports? Mine child (report) will soon be 2 years old XD (still nothing done, I don’t even remember the details of that)

2 Likes

zyxw
15m[quote=“angelight313_941, post:381, topic:41140”]even edit my post to make it look like I am lying and they change the evidence I provided when they change the badly done Spanish subtitles done by a subber and changed them to ENGLISH[/quote]What do you mean[quote=“angelight313_941, post:381, topic:41140”]changing what I wrote[/quote]What got changed? Doesn’t it show, who edited the post?[quote=“angelight313_941, post:381, topic:41140”]CM Moderator removed her project from her page[/quote]How would that be possible? I don’t think people can do it

AS you can see my statement with the controlling group issue is true that some viki staff and some CM and Moderators, and even Chief Editors have a lot of control in here, and do things that are unethical (especially the Spanish teams for some weird reason).

LOOK how the [''VIA bot ] viki staff? changed the subtitles to English when I posted them in Spanish. (like the subber had posted them in the show). The only information of the changes done in my topic was; that it was done by someone that has been here since November 7, 2013.
That is why thaly says it wasn’t her bc she can’t, but someone did all this thing for her. I hope the CEO’s see the need to get to the bottom of this bc this may seem small to them but you never know how far this deceitful behavior can go. When it comes to this powerful company like Rakuten they need to watch their backs, and protect themselves bc is not something to take so lightly. I have seen links advertising companies and I bet they are not paying RAKUTEN company to have free advertising for their companies.

THESE ARE THE SUBS THEY CHANGED TO ENGLISH

Spanish

4 months ago
    Spanish

You

Spanish

English

I

Spanish

4 months ago

English
4 months ago

EnglishBecause

Spanish

English

As you can see only the last line they wrote ENGLISH but forgot to delete Spanish when they re-wrote over my stuff to conceal what I consider is deceitfulness.

I have plenty of evidence of this person past work, too. This is the subtitles this person wrote only 4 months ago; although I file reports and gave evidence of the past badly done Spanish Subtitles (I’m talking about for more than 3 years ago).

THESE IS HOW I WROTE THEM IN MY POST TO THE VIA bot:

Spanish

Mira a la cámera. ¿A qué cámera debe mirar?

• ¿A qué cámera miro?
    4 months ago
    Spanish

Spanish

Spanish

Sí, su madre. Te amo también.
Spanish

Spanish

Spanish

4 months ago

Spanish
4 months ago

Spanish

Spanish

Spanish

The Spanish subs make no sense at all.

THESE ARE THE SUBS THEY CHANGED TO ENGLISH AND THEY HAD DELETED MY POSTING WHEN I DIDN’T DO IT. HOW CAN THEY DELETE MY POST WITHOUT MY CONSENT?

(SEE how I wrote terrible Spanish subtitles… done only 4 months ago) but they changed the subtitles to English. They forgot to delete Spanish and write English to make their work believable but they were too nervous? or too guilty?

Spanish-------------------------(THEY FORGOT TO CHANGE THIS TO ENGLISH)

4 months ago

You

English--------------(THIS IS THE ONLY TIME THE ADDED ENGLISH)

I

4 months ago

English-------------(THIS IS THE ONLY TIME THE ADDED ENGLISH)
4 months ago

EnglishBecause -------------(THIS IS THE ONLY TIME THE ADDED ENGLISH)

Spanish------------------------(THEY FORGOT TO CHANGE THIS TO ENGLISH)

English-------------(THIS IS THE ONLY TIME THE ADDED ENGLISH)

angelight313_941Regular
18dTerrible Spanish subtitles here at RViki. Ella le dijo a mi madre a decirme entrar en el programa de audición, y fui
Porque le diré, la pregunta dice, “¿Quién es el más servicial para la conexión profesional?
Spanish
Mira a la cámera. ¿A qué cámera debe mirar- ¿A qué cámera miro?
4 months ago
Spanish“
Sabes, tal vez no lo va a trabajar.” Pero mi madre siempre es como, ''Ve por tus sueños, como, hagas, hagas, hagas." Es por eso pienso que estoy aquí.
Spanish
Spanish
Sí, su madre. Te amo también
Spanish
Spanish
Spanish
4 months ago
Spanish
4 months ago
Spanish
Spanish
Spanish

I am the moderator/CM in question. Removing a project from your profile is not possible, so I don’t know what this person is on about. In fact, they deleted their post from the other channel and brought the conversation here, which makes no sense.

Once again, you accused me of being here since 2013, after I defended myself, you changed your tune and said “you were only testing me to see if you could get more information”. Then you changed your tune again and accused me of having a bad subtitler in a show I am the moderator and CM of, but again, IF I AM THE CM OF A PROJECT, I WILL NOT TAKE THE SPANISH MODERATOR ROLE. I CANNOT REMOVE A SHOW FROM MY PROFILE EITHER.

Here is the list of shows I am CM of and their Spanish moderators:

Ghost Father: empty_space
Spiritwalker:pauher_02_298
Why you couldn’t get married: I took over this show, subs were done by the bot and new Spanish mod is azupeque
Showbiz Korea: Still looking for Spanish mod.
Where the truth lies:perilousal
Romance Doll: Yannapuma_99
Join us korea: empty_space
As you can see, those are the only projects that I am the CM of, and as you can see, I am not the Spanish moderator in any of them. So if you want to accuse someone, get the right information. I am done speaking of this matter.

1 Like

This was not her first, second, nor third offense. In those incidents, the station she worked for said themselves that Ignorance was no excuse because 1. she has lived in the region all her life and 2. it is her job as a reporter to be sensitive to language and practices that can increase harm to her colleagues, coworkers, and viewers.

But in broadening the view of possible intentions, she still has no excuse for not understanding the coded language. She well within the age range of old Jim Crow laws and institutions and the New Jim Crow movement. Her past on-air egregious behaviour, she has already been educated on, she was already put on leave and counseled and issued an apology. She obviously didn’t learn her lesson. Given the current climate volatility, she is a liability for the viewership because she increases harm and racial trauma with her language usage and for the organization as a whole.

Understand that racism is an ongoing condition of our society, and not a one-time event. Not being able to see racism is unrelated to its reality or its consequences. Don’t position yourself as the judge of whether racism is real or whether it ‘occurred.’ Giving so-called ‘one-time offenders’ the benefit of the doubt only leaves BlPOC people vulnerable to ‘unaware’ racism. And I am not pulling this stuff out of the air.

Derald Wang Sue, a professor of Psychology and Education has been studying microaggressions and racism his entire career. He states ,The most detrimental forms of microaggressions are usually delivered by well-intentioned individuals who are unaware that they have engaged in harmful conduct toward a socially devalued group. These everyday occurrences may on the surface appear quite harmless, trivial, or be described as “small slights,” but research indicates they have a powerful impact upon the psychological well-being of marginalized groups and affect their standard of living by creating inequities in health care, education, and employment."

I would be happy to share my library of resources about this topic that may be helpful, since proximity to Blackness still leaves unanswered questions for those who cannot live the experiences. It can be a challenge to understand that while you are not seeing the harm, it is indeed significant to those that are vulnerable to it.

2 Likes