Site Updates: The New Inbox!
We’re excited to finally announce that it’s officially here! You can now check it out by visiting your inbox here. There will be a few pop-ups to guide you on the new features, but here’s a couple highlights:
- Username validation when adding recipients to a message
- Group messaging so you can send and receive messages in the same chat
- Announcements tab to display all official staff communications in one place
- Subject lines… and more!
You can read more details by visiting the FAQ page here.
Please note that this is phase 1 of the new inbox, and additional features are being worked on, including a search function, folders, and so much more!
Other things to note:
- Messages do not arrive in real-time, so please refresh to view your new messages!
- At this time, HTML formatting is not available. Links will still render, but this is also being worked on for future inbox updates!
- Email notifications are off by default. You can learn how to turn them on/off, as well as more detailed info on the frequency of email notifications in the FAQ linked above!
A feedback survey link will be made available in the inbox. So please try it out and share your thoughts there!
A Note to Community
Like so many of you, our team has been closely following the news on the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and thinking about how it affects us, our friends, families, and loved ones. It’s also been a powerful reminder of how connected we are and the strength of community. We’ve heard countless stories of how many of you have formed lasting friendships here on Viki, reaching out and supporting each other through the years.
Please take care and remember you’re also always welcome to reach out to a Community Team member if you have any questions or concerns.
Viki Community Team