Want to subtitle? Let people know!

Hello, I would like to subtitle from English to Lithuanian. Please feel free to contact me at any time.

Hello! I am looking for projects to subtitle from English into Russian. I donā€™t have much experience translating besides the four sample videos that are on my profile page. But! I really want to improve my skills and bring amazing shows and movies to a wider audience. I am ready to volunteer a couple of hours a week. Please contact me :smiley:

Contact @irene06

1 Like

Hi everyone! Iā€™d love to start contributing with some Korean to English subtitles, Iā€™m keen to hear your suggestions on how to best get started :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi everyone! I can sub from English to Italian. I would like to help any team, Thanks!

2 Likes

Iā€™m sorry to tell you, but all shows on Viki come with English and Portuguese presubs nowadays. You could try to become a TE (translation editor), though.

What you could also try is translate non-Korean shows into Korean. You work with the English subtitles then so you donā€™t have to know Japanese, Chinese, etc.
Or you could write Korean captions for Korean shows. This is for viewers who are learning Korean.

Another way to contribute is to become a segmenter. You do need to go through our free academy for that, but once graduated, you will always easily find a new project to work on. You can apply for the academy here. Keep in mind that there is a waitlist.

Hello,
Iā€™m eager to contribute to the subtitlesā€™ production. I can translate from English to Spanish. I have freelance experience and I really would like to give back what I received from others while watching Vicki series.
Furthermore, I made some subtitles test translations. I leave the links here.
I need an opportunity to show that I can commit to the project and work hard to give a good quality subtitles.

[Watch K-Dramas, Korean Shows & Chinese Dramas | Rakuten Viki]
[Watch K-Dramas, Korean Shows & Chinese Dramas | Rakuten Viki]

Hi! i would like to translate from english to french! I already translated 3 dramas, im looking for a new projet! thanks ^^

Hi,
Iā€™m rookie but experienced in subtitle professional field. Does anyone know the Indonesian ACTIVE moderators here? So I can join their projects? Please helpppā€¦
Thanks,
E

:wink:

Thank you, Iā€™ll contact them directly.

And also:

madmaiden
pan (Padepokan Anak Negeri)
jhnimm
miszdcy (decy b)
gesti_lagi

Thank you @bozoli @irmar. @eveonly55_796 has started her first project.

3 Likes

Looking to subtitle from English to Dutch.

To people who are looking for projects to work on to become a qualified contributor, please look at my post on K channels not requiring any pass to subtitle and the recent update of the list posted yesterday, removing some of the titles.

2 Likes

Hi!!
I am new here!
I can subtitle from english to portuguese :grinning: :grinning:
I really wanna help!

Anyone in need of translators from english to portuguese? Been on Viki since 2013, translated for a bit and had to stop because, well, life! :woman_shrugging: Iā€™m more than ready to get back on board, though.

Let me know!

New and returning volunteers in June-September 2024

To all new or returning contributors who are planing to post in this topic:

1. It is important that you post your Viki profile, as well. Otherwise we canā€™t sometimes find it manually. And that makes it hard for Moderators to contact you and offer you projects.
  2. Try not to change your Viki username for the time being.
  3. Short info on how to find your first project and Moderator to work with can be found here.
  4. Consider joining a user-based D.i.s.c.o.r.d server VIKI Contributor Community where itā€™s easier for the experienced Viki volunteers to help you, newbies, out: VIKI Contributor Community

Arabic
jmariem193_148
celistvanderlandy_26 (Viki profile unknown)

Chinese
arcanebum_839
pearlc16

Czech
nozol_46

Danish
masamm

Dutch
daupa_07
anyujin

French
liiowness97
ninihed
jilianne
arcanebum_839
sherlocked28
jmariem193_148
thidany
abygael_moreira_753
lackila
patiences33_108
mudrineduma40_766
wanjing
lidianama
zahra_mizmiz33_53
daroussiines_129 (Viki profile unknown)

German
leona_645
fatalflaw
masamm
viber

Indonesian
eveonly55_796

Italian
lady_dongfang
nameisele

Japanese
masterchrome

Korean
5unn33j
thrhh
forevercitizen6_463
sophia96lee (Viki profile unknown)

Lithuanian
ieva_snaige2007_90

Malay
nazmisyazwan

Mongolian
cganaad6910_329

Polish
cukier
kordeczna

Portuguese
mimin_motta_591
annastreams7
scarlettlolita
ayasa
lualiars
lyzza1_14
rebecapaz
sulamytadias
ilan_685
tatazita07
MariBSampaio

Romanian
masterchrome

Russian
anonica_ov_579

Spanish
estheriwunze01_858
berthocruz152_98
gri_george
ninabonina
bye209321_582
drojo72_735
alba_llao
natly
honeylattee
valeria_b_49
august_rush02_108 (Viki profile unknown)

Swedish
little_miss_sweden
thesandranna
ivy_jinx

*Previous lists* :

2020: Jun | Jul | Aug | Sep | Oct | Nov | Dec

2021: Jan | February | Mar | Apr-May | Jun | Jul | Aug | Sep | Oct | Nov | Dec-Jan

2022: Feb | Mar | Apr-May | Jun | Jul-Aug | Sep-Dec

2023: Jan-Feb | Mar | Apr-Jul | Aug-Sep | Oct-Nov | Dec

2024: Jan-Feb | Mar-May

4 Likes

Hi
Iā€™m looking for Korean dramas or movies needing Finnish subtitles. Done almost 10k already, but wish to do more as itā€™s so fun (even proofreading is tough sometimes).
Br, Voikukka

In what way it is easier to help there, rather than here? This information is misleading in my opinion. We all have always been helping newbies here without any problems. I am a member of that place too, and I can assure any newbie reading this that it offers absolutely nothing more, except for the instant chatting - which is surely not the priority for a new volunteer. Nothing wrong with chatting, but if itā€™s help you need, for starting out, you can get plenty here, even just by reading our responses to previous queries. And also visiting the Help pages, which nowadays are pretty informative.

Iā€™m really wondering why some try so hard to drive away people from using Viki communication tools like this Discussion forum, to direct them to external websites. Trying hard to understand the motivation, but frankly Iā€™m not getting it at all. Everyone is of course free to communicate with other volunteers as they prefer. But putting it as one of the four items in a list of basic advice is pushing it too too far.